Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

R-removes bullet proof, you say?

Just look at this:

Mills removes Milkys Bulletproof
Kat roleblocks his Paranoid Gun Owner (milky note: and my attempted kill)
Gwyn kills Milky

The absolute perfect storm. And perfect for Mills as Jack Slash. The moment I saw that post I PM'd Tithin with 'Mills is Jack Slash!?'

It was a good plan, but that bulletproof remover was something I had no way of anticipating. And I didn't think Mills was setting me up (don't ask me my logic on that, I just gave him a pass).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Asphyxious posted:

How did Bif see mills as leader of the s9 when I was doing my thing on him?

*scratches another entry into the "mistakes tithin made this game" column. *

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Bif, Milky and Splode are my favourites.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

And how come the paranoid gun owner didn't go off D1, I thought that was for anything, not just nightkills?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Asphyxious posted:

On reflection I don't think it would have mattered.

Her role let her see target roles too, she'd had seen bulletproof gladiator and put two and two together.

On top of that, mills dropped the gladiator on her immediately, as well as the persuasive part of his role.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Cause I'm SUPERCOP :v:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

And how come the paranoid gun owner didn't go off D1, I thought that was for anything, not just nightkills?

The PGO is for anything, but his was a variant - reflective. Only triggered on attempted nightkills.

I've referred to it as PGO because that's the closest role I could find to it.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I was baking when the gladiator thing happened. Checked my phone for the recipe, saw SA PM emails:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah, I was not said to be a PGO in my PM. Just 'you will reflect the first night kill towards whoever targets you'.

Another thing that really put me onto lynching Tirade was Coq claiming Gaspy was exonerated.

But dying and then having Mills come out and gladiator Bif was pretty bloody amazing to watch.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Bif's 2/2 on gladiator drama now, as well!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

It tends to work out that way for me anyway even when there aren't any gladiators.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Gwynplaine posted:

Bif, Milky and Splode are my favourites.

SPLODE wasn't in this game but I'm sure he appreciates your assertion.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Oh wow the masonry was 5 people? I feel much better about surviving as long as we did.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

All in all, I honestly hope people enjoyed the game - I put a lot of heart into it and I think it shows. I did make a lot of mistakes (as evidenced!) but I don't think it was enough to ruin anyones enjoyment of the game.

I had two games planned before this but I could never find a way to get the flavour just right in my head.

The first was one I mentioned in the goode threade a few months ago (everyone is bomb, lynch mang, chain explosions, everyone dies, game ends)

The second was the first iteration of this game with less powers and a setup that looked as follows

Protectorate Team - Closed Masonry
Dragon
Armsmaster

Infested Wards - Closed compromised masonry
(a few wards from brockton bay being puppeteered by the S9)

Scum team

A shitload of civilians

Protectorate goal was to kill the wards who were infected
Scum Goal was to kill anyone who was powered
Civilians was to not die.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

also, as a completely random aside based on my own worm mafia theorising, dragon and defiant could be an interesting cop and vigilante neighbour-lover pair

did you have plans for other protectorate capes, tithin?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Vague plans, but nothing concrete. I wanted the Neutral faction to have at least Defiant and Dragon, but with the relatively low turnout, I ended up cutting a few roles.

Dragon was going to get bifs super cop role

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Asphyxious posted:

SPLODE wasn't in this game but I'm sure he appreciates your assertion.

gwyn's my favourite

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Splode posted:

gwyn's my favourite

Mine too!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Great game, I laughed for the entirety of Day 5.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Milky Moor posted:

Yeah, I was not said to be a PGO in my PM. Just 'you will reflect the first night kill towards whoever targets you'.

Another thing that really put me onto lynching Tirade was Coq claiming Gaspy was exonerated.

But dying and then having Mills come out and gladiator Bif was pretty bloody amazing to watch.

That was my big fuckup - I'm otherwise very proud of the stuff we did this game. I didn't think Gaspy would bus Kat, and while I threw shade on him I didn't properly suspect Mills at all until the Gladiator reveal.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

SKY COQ posted:

That was my big fuckup - I'm otherwise very proud of the stuff we did this game. I didn't think Gaspy would bus Kat, and while I threw shade on him I didn't properly suspect Mills at all until the Gladiator reveal.

"GASPY is exonerated!"

*Poisons gaspy*

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

SKY COQ posted:

Yeah, I just assumed that you all knew something that I didn't because the only thing I got from Gaspy's post was 'possible bus... but Coq said and I don't see why Coq would lie...' etc.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
FWIW, I suspected Mills from n1, because he kept leading a weak case against me, and that seemed fairly anti-town. My idea was to not acknowledge it, so I didn't give myself any more rope for him to hang me by.

I was earnestly trying to blow Mills up from night one.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Milky Moor posted:

Yeah, I just assumed that you all knew something that I didn't because the only thing I got from Gaspy's post was 'possible bus... but Coq said and I don't see why Coq would lie...' etc.

I was teetering on the edge of pardoning Tirade, but I figured it'd at least resolve SOMETHING and we'd actually be able to get gaspy the next day.

also he voted himself and that was just way too unhelpful to let him live.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I was pretty confused D2 when I had just become the town cop, but then someone else comes out with a cop result. I didn't want to come out saying a counterclaim too soon, but thankfully Coq dropped the hint about his role being JOAT rather than a proper cop. But once I heard they had ANOTHER one I was like "okay something is hosed here" and thus the freakout about unconfirmed masonry!

Reading scumdoc, I was very happy to see that my threat towards Milky gave me some protection.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I was a bit disappointed to see that the concerns about masonry confirmation was taken as a scum play though. Especially with the masonry being that bloody huge.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

I was a bit disappointed to see that the concerns about masonry confirmation was taken as a scum play though. Especially with the masonry being that bloody huge.

Pretty much as soon as you started defending Tirade, I knew you weren't scum.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

I was just confused about the confirmation thing because I'd never heard of it before :shrug:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm genuinely sorry about the unbalanced portion of the game and I really hope it didn't upset people :ohdear:

Like I said, it was my first game doing anything but playing so I was learning as I went, really.

With hindsight, I really should have removed a bunch of powers, but once it was under way..

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

it was fun and I enjoyed it! :keke:

it was actually pretty nerve-wracking being a vanilla town when there seemed to be evidence of powers everywhere

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

In one of my first games (actually it might have even been my very first game!) I was in a masonry, and even though it turned out we were indeed all town, I don't think the mod had ever explicitly confirmed it. So we started freaking out a few days in, and our inventor gave me a gun to shoot our own doctor in the head.

...I kinda like to get that stuff confirmed now, haha :buddy:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Haha what the gently caress you guys, I'm not worth all those night actions.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Thanks heaps tithin, that was mad fun.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Anidav posted:

Haha what the gently caress you guys, I'm not worth all those night actions.

Everyone wants to take out anime dave

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I didn't think he'd get killed off D1, cause why not keep him around to get lynched!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

I didn't think he'd get killed off D1, cause why not keep him around to get lynched!

:shrug:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Best moment was lynching Tirade despite two cop investigations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tithin and Gaspy can confirm that I called out gaspy as scum day 1.

Tithin whatever is said about the balance, and that was my concern, it was still an entertaining clusterfuck to read. I was sitting on the the sidelines getting so angry about town not wanting to test the cops investigation and subsequently lynching Tirade. That was hilarious.

I ultimately suspected mills from there, and possibly milky too because he was arguing for the wrong poo poo.

I never would have picked Kat or gwyn though.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Matthew Beet posted:

Tithin and Gaspy can confirm that I called out gaspy as scum day 1.

Tithin whatever is said about the balance, and that was my concern, it was still an entertaining clusterfuck to read. I was sitting on the the sidelines getting so angry about town not wanting to test the cops investigation and subsequently lynching Tirade. That was hilarious.

I ultimately suspected mills from there, and possibly milky too because he was arguing for the wrong poo poo.

I never would have picked Kat or gwyn though.

I thought Gwyn did a great job of sounding exactly like last game. I only thought to investigate him as the next target after Mills cause there weren't too many people left anymore and he sure didn't sound like he was in the masonry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeah gwyn did well with style consistency between the games. He's obviously been working out in the gwynasium.

• Locked thread