Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

You aren't allowed to use the bad all ears smilies in this thread. Thread rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

This thread is indeed awesome. :kiddo:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I wouldn't say that this felt like it came from a different show - it was very much in the mould of Episodes 3 and 6 (or the later parts of Trigun), a meditative character piece liberally doused in Nightow's signature Christian imagery - it can't have been a coincidence that the Macbeth family were shepherds. We did get some cool nuance as well - I mean, check that family surname, and then check what happened when Will actually started using his powers at his Lady's encouragement. Not to mention how Blank's dialogue indicated that Will might be along for the ride a little more consentingly than we'd thought.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So what's the story on the final episode? it's next week because it clashed with something isn't it?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So what's the story on the final episode? it's next week because it clashed with something isn't it?

Durarara, yes.

Nat
Apr 3, 2012
The episode itself wasn't so much as weak as it was not fun. I'll be treating it as a 2-parter like Z's longest day and form an actual opinion then.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The recap was alright. Here's hoping for a decent ending :v:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The first part was way good, the second part is gonna be way good, and people are going to complain but they will be wrong.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So, uh, about that delay being just a week.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
Yeah, who needs plans and schedules for your ongoing anime anyway? I'll just reschedule the final episode without checking if there are any conflicts, there's nothing that can possibly go wrong with that decision.

Fortunately I don't think anyone was desperately waiting for the conclusion to this B&W plotline anyway.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

:livintrope:

gently caress, well, at least we'll get another season someday. That's actually centered around Libra.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Grouchio posted:

:livintrope:

gently caress, well, at least we'll get another season someday. That's actually centered around Libra.

Has the series been doing that well?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

boom boom boom posted:

Has the series been doing that well?

Apparently the Blu-Ray and DVD sales of Volume 1 are at number one (These are sales for the past week). I wouldn't be surprised for it to get a second cour, though I hope they manage to get a better writer for it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Maybe we'll get to see Steven's dinner party if it does.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Day In, Day Out is still my favorite chapter of the original manga.

If nothing else give us an epilogue OVA special or something.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

I got a bad feeling if there was a popularity poll, B & W are probably near the top.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I just hope this series doing well means Rie Matsumoto gets to do whatever she wants next.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Finally got around to watching episode 11. It wasn't a bad episode so much as it felt like it was taken from a completely different show.

Too bad they still couldn't make Blank an interesting antagonist.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
OST is out. On My Own (that one song from Don't Forget to Don't Forget Me) is beautiful in full.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
So is there still no word about the finale? I guess it's time to start reading the comic.

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Classic Studio Titanic.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Broseph Brostar posted:

So is there still no word about the finale? I guess it's time to start reading the comic.

You should do that anyway.

Has there been a date announced for when Volume 8 will be out? I looked around for one but couldn't find anything.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
rip bbb anime

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Shinjobi posted:

rip bbb anime

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll have used the extra time to have a word with the writer about how to make characters and events actually compelling.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

tell us how you really feel ned

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Did the entire animation staff die in a fire?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dangerous Person posted:

Nah, the finale got bumped for durarara's premiere, then they decided the finale needed to be longer, and I think they're just stuck hunting for a timeslot now?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
That's dumb as gently caress.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nah, the finale got bumped for durarara's premiere, then they decided the finale needed to be longer, and I think they're just stuck hunting for a timeslot now?

Lol if they needed even more time for white and black stuff they should have just skipped Lunge!! Launch!! Lunch!! altogether

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 18, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Broseph Brostar posted:

Lol if they need even more time for white and black stuff they should have just skipped Lunge!! Launch!! Lunch!! altogether

Honestly I think they probably would have if they could. They probably had a mandate on all adaptations except the finale or something, because drat does the writer try their hardest to push Lunge!! Launch!! Lunch!! out of the limelight as unsubtly as possible. It's not a long story or one that'd be hard to insert extra content around while staying true to it, just the way they actually did handle it comes off as really not wanting to touch LLL and do their OG Character, Do Not Steal stuff instead.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jul 18, 2015

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Broseph Brostar posted:

Lol if they needed even more time for white and black stuff they should have just skipped Lunge!! Launch!! Lunch!! altogether

If anything they should've scrapped half the manga stuff they used, and replaced it with more of Black and White's story.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

boom boom boom posted:

If anything they should've scrapped half the manga stuff they used, and replaced it with more of Black and White's story.

Honestly... I actually agree. It might've actually flown with slow buildup in its own anime-original episodes, but slapped around a bunch of fast-paced black-comedy hijinks it just feels like pulling the brakes into tedium.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Dangerous Person posted:

Welp here goes a otherwise decent a summer series.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Leo survives.
Jerusalem's Lot ends up okay. Thousands die.
One or possibly both of the twins die. Probably both of them. Blank gets banished to the shadow realm or something.
None of the characters we actually care about are effected by these events or grow as people in any measurable way.
The ED is now playing in the theater of your mind.

There, now you can mark it complete.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The finale has been scheduled for October 3rd.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

It better be one hell of a finale.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I wonder what got it pushed back so far. Weren't they making it longer than a standard episode?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I wonder what got it pushed back so far. Weren't they making it longer than a standard episode?

Yeah it's gonna be roughly double length.

I hope it's a hell of a finale because quite frankly I'm having problems mustering up the will to get invested in the ending after such a long delay.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Srice posted:

Yeah it's gonna be roughly double length.

I hope it's a hell of a finale because quite frankly I'm having problems mustering up the will to get invested in the ending after such a long delay.

I think the only way they could make it interesting now is to quietly shuffle off the B/W storyline in the first five minutes in favour of Femt and Aligula suddenly kicking off their own scheme out of nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

That would be excellent.

• Locked thread