Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
anyone seen this movie? its about teens but the worst teens u can think of. they go to school and listen to punk music. they burn things and ruin the music teachers life. they stab a fat kid who plays in the orchestra. they love to do drugs. the police wont do anything because theyre scared of teens and the music teacher has to fight the teens himself in a big finale

want to know who wins? sorry u have to watch the movie to find out

trailer: http://youtu.be/-wFVpKYNvRU

thread rules:

1. post multiple times in a row if u want! i wont stop u.

2. TEENS ONLY

3. u can call other posters cucker boys or bitchmade betas, or whores

4. u can get a class of 1984 tattoo and post it here as many time as u wish

5. white supremacists are welcome itt

6. no atheists please! make ur own thread

GrrrlSweatshirt fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Feb 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Did you know the director of Class of 1984 did a sequel called Class of 1999 that stars Malcom McDowell, Stacy Keach, and Pam Grier that's about how the teachers are replaced by cyborgs due to the school making a deal with an evil corporation? Malcom McDowell plays the principle who basically sees the cyborg teachers outright murder the kids and he is confronts the corporate people about it, but then the evil corporate guy who is an albino with a massive mullet is like "The program is running as intended!" And McDowell just walks off scene visibly dismayed that he is a highly billed actor in the film Class of 1999.

This happens like four or five times before he figures out the plot of the movie that was explained to him in the opening scenes of the movie. It's a campy stupid movie but pretty watchable due to almost everyone over acting and Stacy Keach playing a cyborg teacher that spanks kids who peak up so hard that they can no longer walk. Also it's weirdly good looking, like not Terminator 2 good or anything like that but the cyborg effects at the end of the movie pretty decent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQsGnL3qs6k

Finally, in 1994, a different "creative" team did Class of 1999 II: The Substitute (no relation to The Substitute series of films of which there were three) starring Sasha Mitchell (the bad guy in like 20349852343209 kickboxing movies from the 80s). Nick Cassavetes and Rick Hill (Deathstalker himself) are also featured prominently.

Have a nice day. :)

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 21, 2015

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
class of 1999 owns

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Slaapaav posted:

class of 1999 owns

Surprised at the lack of conversation about this film series.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Class of 1984 owns basically all the bones.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Neo Rasa posted:

Finally, in 1994, a different "creative" team did Class of 1999 II: The Substitute (no relation to The Substitute series of films of which there were three) starring Sasha Mitchell (the bad guy in like 20349852343209 kickboxing movies from the 80s). Nick Cassavetes and Rick Hill (Deathstalker himself) are also featured prominently.

Have a nice day. :)
I'm really disappointed that the Red Letter Media guy's copy of this movie turned out to be broken when they wanted to do it for their Best of the Worst series.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Nuke 'Em High best high

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
That trailer is pretty badass

It's like some kind of whitesploitation flick

EDIT

This movie is amazing.

Full Battle Rattle fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 15, 2015

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

If you ever wanted to see one of the Van Patten clan brutally rape the pregnant wife of one of his high school teachers, then "Class of 1984" is the movie for you!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

G-III posted:

If you ever wanted to see one of the Van Patten clan brutally rape the pregnant wife of one of his high school teachers, then "Class of 1984" is the movie for you!

What about Michael J. Fox getting shanked? Is this the movie for me?

Fake edit:

Holy poo poo, the movie poster...

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AszQnGzbpKY

The whole thing is on you tube

pro click as gently caress

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Between this, Friday the 13th, and Prince of Darkness, Alice cooper really had a lot of 80s soundtracks, didn't he?

Love how this movie builds and builds and then just goes completely over the top Death Wish in the last act.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Lisa Langlois can shank me anyday :swoon:

penismightier posted:

Class of 1984 owns basically all the bones.

You're goddamn right.

Armyman25 posted:

Love how this movie builds and builds and then just goes completely over the top Death Wish in the last act.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Kind of reminds me of Wild in the Streets which is utterly insane.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

Did you know the director of Class of 1984 did a sequel called Class of 1999 that stars Malcom McDowell, Stacy Keach, and Pam Grier that's about how the teachers are replaced by cyborgs due to the school making a deal with an evil corporation? Malcom McDowell plays the principle who basically sees the cyborg teachers outright murder the kids and he is confronts the corporate people about it, but then the evil corporate guy who is an albino with a massive mullet is like "The program is running as intended!" And McDowell just walks off scene visibly dismayed that he is a highly billed actor in the film Class of 1999.

This happens like four or five times before he figures out the plot of the movie that was explained to him in the opening scenes of the movie. It's a campy stupid movie but pretty watchable due to almost everyone over acting and Stacy Keach playing a cyborg teacher that spanks kids who peak up so hard that they can no longer walk. Also it's weirdly good looking, like not Terminator 2 good or anything like that but the cyborg effects at the end of the movie pretty decent.

Actually Stacy Keach isn't one of the android teachers, he's the over-the-top albino evil business man.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
:eng101: Mark Lester also directed Commando, Firestarter and Showdown in Little Tokyo!

DareToSlack
Aug 24, 2006
I'm not gay, but $20 is $20.

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

they stab a fat kid who plays in the orchestra.

And that fat kid was Michael J. Fox.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
well poo poo, this movie looks p good. i'm gonna watch t

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

wyoming posted:

Lisa Langlois can shank me anyday :swoon:

Is she the one that gets grilled about biology at gunpoint? Because if so she probably gave the best drat performance in the movie, and this is a movie where a teenager gets high on PCP and jumps off a flagpole

EDIT: So the crack whore is supposed to be in highschool right? Because if so...this is a scene wherein teenagers rate another teenager in terms of her ability to be a crackwhore and test her accordingly, after which the main villains' girlfriend takes her off screen to have underage lesbian sex

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Is she the one that gets grilled about biology at gunpoint? Because if so she probably gave the best drat performance in the movie, and this is a movie where a teenager gets high on PCP and jumps off a flagpole

Yeah, that's a great scene.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Armyman25 posted:

Between this, Friday the 13th, and Prince of Darkness, Alice cooper really had a lot of 80s soundtracks, didn't he?

He was actively doing soundtrack music and appearing in films during this period, yeah. The "accepted" soundtrack for genre films in the 80s was also generally either electronic like what Carpenter would do or metal, which meant you got lots of Alice Cooper as well as Dokken doing music for Nightmare on Elm Street films and stuff like that. There were WAY more soundtracks with metal bands than good punk stuff, but there were also notable exceptions like the incredible soundtrack for Repo Man, which as a film would make an excellent double feature with Class of 1984.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The movie has no idea how the justice system works. Assaults, organized crime, and eventually a quintuple homicide go essentially uninvestigated because... reasons.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Drunkboxer posted:

The movie has no idea how the justice system works. Assaults, organized crime, and eventually a quintuple homicide go essentially uninvestigated because... reasons.

It's a callback to an earlier scene. Also, law enforcement was shown throughout the movie to be operating at near complete incompetence

All the years I've spent posting in CD has been worth it just to see this stupid movie

EDIT: This is a movie where some teenagers stage a home invasion and gang rape a pregnant woman. They don't make movies like this anymore (they're not allowed)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Lisa Langolis is doing commentary for the Shout Factory release next month. Michael J Fox is not, sadly.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Jack Gladney posted:

Lisa Langolis is doing commentary for the Shout Factory release next month. Michael J Fox is not, sadly.

Ahem, like Larry going to Lawrence Fishburne, there is no Michael J Fox here. Just plain old Michael Fox.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

EDIT: This is a movie where some teenagers stage a home invasion and gang rape a pregnant woman. They don't make movies like this anymore (they're not allowed)

That is something I loved about the movie, how raw it is. No punches pulled, no allusions to things, just straight up murder, drug use, skinned animals, dismemberment, rape, it's all so wonderfully trashy and not done with any kind of ironic filter to it.

The punk look was great too, it's a style I've always loved stuff like the hair cuts and fingerless gloves reminded me a lot of the "tough" kids in the neighborhood. Who, looking back, were just a bunch of douchebags, but aren't they all?

Feels like Suburbia or Return of the Living Dead would make a good double feature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DAhIHu7mYE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkhCAV3wmIU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

It's a callback to an earlier scene. Also, law enforcement was shown throughout the movie to be operating at near complete incompetence

All the years I've spent posting in CD has been worth it just to see this stupid movie

Yeah I know, that's what I'm saying with all those assaults they couldn't prosecute because it wasn't on film with 20 eyewitnesses or something. Also there's no mention of juvenile detention in this at all.

Unrelated: How frustrating is that scene with Van Patten's dumbass mom?

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Armyman25 posted:

The punk look was great too, it's a style I've always loved stuff like the hair cuts and fingerless gloves reminded me a lot of the "tough" kids in the neighborhood. Who, looking back, were just a bunch of douchebags, but aren't they all?

Now they're all werewolves or whatever the gently caress. I had a teenager once explain to me how rad he is because he has an undercut like Skrillex. 30 years from now they will all laugh at themselves. It all goes round.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Armyman25 posted:

When taken to the screwball extreme you get Troma's Class of Nuke 'em High.

And yes, the title is exactly what you think.

quote:

The original title for the film was simply; 'Nuke 'Em High'. It was changed in hopes of people mistaking it for Class of 1984.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I like Trom's version of that trick a a lot more than I like the Asylum's, I tell ya' what.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I still need to see Class of 1984, but if it's the more reserved version of Class of Nuke 'Em High, that's a good enough recommendation for me. Class of Nuke 'Em High is really, really good. Like, even better than The Toxic Avenger and Sgt. Kabukiman, N.Y.P.D.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Jack Gladney posted:

I like Trom's version of that trick a a lot more than I like the Asylum's, I tell ya' what.

Speaking of Troma being tricky, I think Combat Shock might have the most ridiculous disparity ever between what the movie looks like and what the VHS covers look like.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Neo Rasa posted:

Speaking of Troma being tricky

Describing Troma as "tricky" is being nice to them.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Armyman25 posted:

That is something I loved about the movie, how raw it is. No punches pulled, no allusions to things, just straight up murder, drug use, skinned animals, dismemberment, rape, it's all so wonderfully trashy and not done with any kind of ironic filter to it.

Feels like Suburbia or Return of the Living Dead would make a good double feature.

We really just need to hijack the thread and have it be about the "Urban Terror" genre, which is an entire movie genre that justifies school discipline, vigilantism, private school vouchers, declining public education spending and increased police presence and militarization because of the "fear" of "inner-city" "youth gang" "crime". Everything from this to Death Wish 3 to Robocop.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

InfiniteZero posted:

Describing Troma as "tricky" is being nice to them.

I can't say I felt particularly deceived by any of their in house stuff. If anything the grandest trick was Toxic Avenger becoming Toxic Crusaders the friendly Saturday morning cartoon series with tie in video game tie ins on the NES/Game Boy Genesis.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Young Freud posted:

We really just need to hijack the thread and have it be about the "Urban Terror" genre, which is an entire movie genre that justifies school discipline, vigilantism, private school vouchers, declining public education spending and increased police presence and militarization because of the "fear" of "inner-city" "youth gang" "crime". Everything from this to Death Wish 3 to Robocop.

Keep it narrow I say, keep it to things like Tuff Turf.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Watched this last night. Roddy MacDowell was great. So was everything else.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Drunkboxer posted:

Keep it narrow I say, keep it to things like Tuff Turf.

Tuff Turf is a good example of this, as are things like Angel, Savage Streets, Massacre at Central High, etc. But at some point you're talking about punksploitation. Or what is The Last American Virgin, or Dazed and Confused? They're kind of those movies, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Tuff Turf is a good example of this, as are things like Angel, Savage Streets, Massacre at Central High, etc. But at some point you're talking about punksploitation. Or what is The Last American Virgin, or Dazed and Confused? They're kind of those movies, too.

Maybe I'm unclear about who Class of 1984 was made for, but I think that the difference between "Urban Terror" and "Punksploitation" is the audience. "Urban Terror" seems to be aimed more for audiences older than teenagers. For instance, Class of 1984's primary protagonist is Perry King, with the Roddy McDowell scene holding up a classroom viewed as "a honest man pushed too far" instead of "are you a goddamn maniac?", much like Martin Balsam and the residents of the apartment building in Death Wish 3 (in fact, Death Wish 3 has a similar scene where Balsam attempts to leap into action and fails when he misloads his machinegun).

The punks in both are typically viewed as being less than sympathetic. You can have Tim Van Patten, I'll raise you Gavan O'Herlihy, who seems to be channeling Richard Widmark in Kiss Of Death, except now he has a reverse mohawk. You do get outliers, like Tuff Turf and stuff like The Warriors and The Wanderers, who cast the youth or same punk gang members as heroes but essentially make them the least objectionable of the gangbangers. The Warriors look like the guys who could ride a train with compared to the Turnball ACs or the Baseball Furies.

Edit: I forgot, since you brought up Angel, but, holy poo poo is that film creepy, with all these guys running around looking for underage poon. It was really bad when Peter Jason shows up and you're going "Hey, it's the guy from Deadwood" and the first thing that's out of his mouth he's asking is if Angel is under age, because that's what he wants. And don't think that doesn't count, because the whole movie since it plays on "Dads, look out for your daughters" fears (especially with Rory Calhoun and the police detective as stand-ins for that audience) while encouraging them to watch them have sex :pedo:

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 19, 2015

• Locked thread