Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

RickVoid posted:

Explore further.

All magic, cash, and gear stripped from him, and thrown in some sort of prison city? Yeah Madrick is having a bad day.

Do we get any sort of background on what Madrick those cretinous minions Madrick chooses to travel with did to piss off Namtar? Or is that left to our own imagination?

There is some backstory in the manual as to how you came to be there, but I can't remember it off the top of my head.

Just wanted to say I'm enjoying the way you're handling the writing of the characters so far. A lot of LPs for old school RPGs turn me off as the character writing tends to drown out the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Slave Estate

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Phoebus sounds cool.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Time to do our civil duty and join the army.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Seconding the vote for balmy Lansk.

Did I miss the bit where you had to recover your gear, or were the jailers too incompetent to take your stuff from you?

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Jumping on board (geddit?) for the Sunken Ruins.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

I seem to recall that the developers back then liked spells like Soften Stone and whatever the wall destroying spell in Bard's Tale was because it reminded them of actual D&D sessions where you could use your abilities in unexpected ways so you weren't forced to solve everything in the intended fashion.

As for our destination, let's go to Lansk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

In a slightly more modern RPG you'd hope to see him give some idea of what his rule will be like and why you should join him so you can have a bad end/evil choice.

• Locked thread