Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
So I need to convert Cecil and the Geirdriful to OVA? Uh, okay, then. I'm definitely going to need some help on that :cheeky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Okay, here we go! Let's do this! The background is pretty much copy/pasted from the original recruit thing. Which is probably okay, because Cecil hasn't really had an "arc" yet like Teresa.

Cecil "Valkyrie" Skye

Theme One / Theme Two

In a world of mecha and wunderwaffen, the humble fighter airplane still finds ways to stay relevant in modern conflict, whether by being cheap or by freeing up mechs for other areas of battle. Some people, like Cecil Skye, even volunteer for the role, instead of washing out from mecha flight programs. Even horror stories of fighter craft being shot down by the squadron by the first mecha did little to dissuade him; it just made him hit the books, sims, and live trainers on defensive maneuvering a little bit harder. The callsign? He looks like a girl, even with his head shaved, and he flies, and he sings pretty well too.

For one fateful training test late in his cadet training, Cecil simulated a one-person air patrol over a number of populated islands over the Pacific. The test was intended as a procedural training--proper requests for takeoff, proper radio doctrine--but had a reputation among cadets for pulling out the strangest tricks, from an absolutely uneventful but still nail-biting sortie to another AUG flight in the area attempting to defect. In this case, Cecil ran into a full invasion force--ships, fighters, and mecha--all headed directly for one of the populated islands. Standard Operation Procedure would have been to radio in the contacts and remain at standoff distance for reinforcements. Cecil elected to radio in the contacts and dive in to intercept. He literally ran out of ammo engaging and stalling the invasion force before being "shot down" and "killed". And while his immediate instructing officer berated him for not following procedure, further analysis from other trainers revealed that (a) the simulated invasion force was being remotely piloted by other instructors and guest aces, and would definitely have made landfall without outside intervention, (b) Cecil neutralized one third of the enemy all on his own, (c) reinforcements would have arrived well before Cecil had been "shot down", and (d) if it were a real battle, Cecil would have been a shoo-in for the Medal of Honor...most likely posthumously.

On one last leave before deployment to an AUG base somewhere on the borderlands, Cecil met someone who said they were from a group called the Ideal Guardians. He talked about aliens and calls for Earth to surrender and the need for heroes to save the earth. Cecil didn't believe much of it at first, but even after he was convinced he asked: Why me? I'm an AUG pilot, not a superhero. I don't even fly mecha, I fly a fighter plane. A second line fighter plane. And I've never actually flown in combat! I'm not the man you want!

And the other man said: Perhaps it is fate. Perhaps you're the man we need.

And perhaps having "a chooser of the slain" as a callsign will turn out remarkably accurate...

Pilot Advantages/Disadvantages +10/-5
Beautiful +1
Intuitive +2
Knowledge +2 (Conventional Air War Tactics)
Perceptive +1
Pilot +1
Quick +1
Smart +2

Kind Hearted -2
Quirk -1 (Jet pilot, mecha world)
Servitude -1 (AUG Armed Forces)
Weak Willed/Unique Weakness? -1 (I shouldn't be here...)

SSF-01A "GEIRDRIFUL" Prototype Space-Capable Multirole Fighter

Theme 1 / Theme 2

The "GEIRDRIFUL" (old Norse, "Spear-flinger") Space Superiority Fighter shows what happens when the best and brightest ideas of fighter planes from around the world get stolen and put into a single frame with the objective of controlling outer space. Namely, a rather expensive craft that would be a challenge for a mech, provided the pilot was particularly skilled. The result may be neither fish nor fowl, especially in the era of the mecha, but it is a fighter craft with a number of advantages compared to others of its kind. Its use of multiple directed energy lasers as the primary weapon system and a micro-missile manufacturing system in an external pod allow it a very long "time in combat" without sacrificing punch, and its unique cockpit design and multiple thrust vectoring systems allow for sustained 15g+ maneuvering in both atmosphere and vacuum, with no special precautions required beyond the standard skintight g-suit design for the pilot. (Admittedly, such an arrangement would result in very low survivability were the cockpit ever breached, especially since it uses the high-visibility "bubble" canopy standard on Western fighter craft for centuries.) Its fuel requirements are similarly minimal, as it is equipped with a new prototype fusion drive power plant, which powers all engines (main thrust, retros, and maneuvering) and all onboard electronics, and can be theoretically fueled by the residual hydrogen in space. (Admittedly, said power plant has never been fully vetted for this use.) And while not strictly as heavily armored as a mech, the fighter is lighter and faster than any humanoid design could hope to be, and even has room for some active point defense to compensate for its lack of RHA-equivalent thickness, a rarity on mecha designs. One minor compromise is that the craft is also designed to operate at full efficiency in atmosphere; as such, all of the control surfaces expected on a terrestrial plane are still there, even in space where they do nothing.

Aircraft Advantages/Disadvantages +10/-3
High Sustained G-Rating (Agile) +2
Missile and Laser Loadout (Attack) +2
Active Point Defense (Barrier) +1
Evasive Action (Evasive) +2
Fighter plane, duh! (Flight) +2 (1 free + 1)
Radar and Sensor Suite (Heightened Senses) +1
Onboard Oxygen System (Life Support) +1 (1 free)
Rapid Thrust Vectoring (Quick) +1

Low RHA-equivalent Armor (Frail -1)
It's a Goddamn Fighter Plane! (Quirk -1)
Single Expensive Prototype (Unique Weakness -1?)

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Mar 1, 2015

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Trix changed up her PC. She used to be a cowboy pilot from the AUG. Now she's an AI constructed using a deceased person's mind as a template.

• Locked thread