Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Burn, baby, burn... Will there be a disco ball to set on fire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

my dad posted:

Burn, baby, burn... Will there be a disco ball to set on fire?

I can only hope.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
I don't know what the combo is but get out a moon alongside the cat and set the cat on fire and create some kind of orbital poo poo catastrophe.

Sorites
Sep 10, 2012

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

orbital poo poo catastrophe.

I'd buy that album.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Snooty Foodie

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
I suppose I can't say what I "think" the combo is, since I played through the game after watching the first video. I'd thought it was pretty obvious, though.

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007
These spiders are so loving raw they're still jumping around everywhere! :ramsay:

The Sezza fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 6, 2015

mrRedWhite
Feb 16, 2011
The combo is probably marshmallows, coffee, and toaster. All those things scream and jump around when lit on fire.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
The actual effect of the mystery seasoning (and the Leprechaun before it) is that the red... thing it puts over everything when it breaks will disintegrate them. It's pretty creepy, and also a good way to clear the screen if you don't feel like warming up a nuke instead! Give it a try next video, just fling the bottle at a wall while there's a bunch of stuff sitting in the fireplace.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Geez, guys, these episodes never fail to make me laugh.

Edit:

mrRedWhite posted:

The combo is probably marshmallows, coffee, and toaster. All those things scream and jump around when lit on fire.

Yeah I agree with this guy.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

mrRedWhite posted:

This is a lot better than what I came up with, but just in case, here's what I came up with: Wine, mushrooms, "mystery spice".

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
This thread reminded me that this game is available on Android, so I bought it! Unfortunately that means I can't contribute to combo guessing, but this LP actually is kind of a guide for me. I feel dumb for getting so stumped on the Deadly Fish one.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is there any significance to the colored rings around the catalog items?

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

mrRedWhite posted:

Either that or I was thinking of the foods with eyes on them already.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Mraagvpeine posted:

Is there any significance to the colored rings around the catalog items?

They show how many times you've purchased that particular item, but I don't remember the particular values, at what point they stop, or if they have any deeper significance.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
They affect how soon after buying the item it gets restocked so you can buy it again.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
1st Person Shopper

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

World of Goo is either the Goo Ball Pack and Tiny Galaxies, or the Goo and the Moon.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I can see 3 items referring to world of goo. First are the goo balls, second is the casual game (referring to this little guy), and third is the someone else's family photo (referring to cutscene characters and the mother is eerily familiar to this level prop).

So it's probably two of those three. I might be reaching with the family photo so my take is goo balls & casual game.

what? No I didn't play far too much WoG, why do you ask?

double nine fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 9, 2015

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
IIRC, and I hope I do, something cool should happen if you actually form a line with the tetris blocks.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
The gentleman adventure doll is a reference to Henry Hatsworth in The Puzzling Adventure, a fun combo of puzzle game and platformer that came out a few years back on the DS. It didn't click at first since the game was published as under EA, but the description of the item is dead-on (even if the doll looks nothing like Hatsworth; maybe an early concept?)

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
If I can make a request, could you burn every item enough times to get the same color border across the board? You don't have to do it all at once, just by the end of the LP.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I still don't know how you make money. Do you get a multiplier of the value of your "fuel", does each item have a set "burn reimbursement", how does it work?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Hey fiendly, at the end of the snootie foody video, when you were looking at the screen to buy 1st Person Shopper, I noticed a video icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

Was that just the video we've seen previously? Do the other catalogs not have videos?

Ah nevermind, I see it's there all the time.

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 10, 2015

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Mehuyael posted:

IIRC, and I hope I do, something cool should happen if you actually form a line with the tetris blocks.

This is correct, and I would like to request that the extra effort be put forth to make a full Tetris, that is, clear four lines at once.

double nine posted:

I still don't know how you make money. Do you get a multiplier of the value of your "fuel", does each item have a set "burn reimbursement", how does it work?

I don't know that there's a specific "thing" to how it works, but you always get more money from an item than it took to buy it. Inventory spaces and catalogs are investments that don't return money themselves, so you won't go into a spiral of big money until you've already gotten everything.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
World of Goo is probably the Goo Pack with one of the electronics. Either the tablet or the handheld fireplace.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

double nine posted:

Things give you more money than they cost to buy. Also, the random spiders drop money whose value increases as you unlock more in the game.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Buy max cats, set all of them on fire.

EDIT: It looks like the words "Let's Play" and "Little" in the video titles result in some very unfortunate listings in the recommended videos :ughh:

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
It looks like Fisty could use some friends. Specifically, three little friends. Round ones. Together they will live in a World of Goo(ey ) happiness.

Also, Gravity Boy is a reference to Kyle Gabler's (one of the Tomorrow Corp/2D Boy developers) earlier prototype Flash works prior to World of Goo. Gabler used to have an online portfolio that contained a lot of work, especially music, that he incorporated into World of Goo. The art/visual style of Little Inferno takes a lot from his Flash portfolio as well.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Speaking of older games, did Robot and the Cities that Built Him get deleted from 2D Boy's site? :(

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

double nine posted:

I can see 3 items referring to world of goo. First are the goo balls, second is the casual game (referring to this little guy), and third is the someone else's family photo (referring to cutscene characters and the mother is eerily familiar to this level prop).

So it's probably two of those three. I might be reaching with the family photo so my take is goo balls & casual game.

what? No I didn't play far too much WoG, why do you ask?

I wouldn't normally reveal this before the next episode, but you nailed the items and the reason for them. Well done, you put my claim of loving World of Goo to shame!

Mraagvpeine posted:

If I can make a request, could you burn every item enough times to get the same color border across the board? You don't have to do it all at once, just by the end of the LP.

It's a 100% LP, how could I not?

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Buy max cats, set all of them on fire.

EDIT: It looks like the words "Let's Play" and "Little" in the video titles result in some very unfortunate listings in the recommended videos :ughh:

Yeah, I've noticed that. I don't mind, makes my videos look much better by comparison.

I've been experimenting with ways to do things to their logical extreme and the results are interesting enough that I'll have to get them into the videos somehow. I also greatly appreciate the people who have been calling out the easter eggs and references that have gone over my head, these too shall be used to improve the forthcoming videos.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Because of this LP I've been playing again with my game and trying to get a Tetris. It's a lot harder than you'd think. It's easy to get single or double lines though.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Choco1980 posted:

Because of this LP I've been playing again with my game and trying to get a Tetris. It's a lot harder than you'd think. It's easy to get single or double lines though.

You mean like THIS?

Bonus: The Grand Master

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Exactly like that. Notice how delicately that final piece has to be dropped to make it work...

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
More games of Tetris should take place in a blazing inferno.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
As someone who's worked with Gordon Ramsey, he's only a dick in specific sections of his American shows. Real pleasant to deal with off-cam.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Yeah you go around like Tumblr and poo poo it's actually full of people newly discovering and marvelling over the fact that he doesn't shriek and swear at everyone; like every day someone new sees the exact same post about "surprise Gordon Ramsay is good with kids" and shows it to all their friends like they didn't see it last month. From what I've seen of his shows his whole thing with his temper is that in the American version of his show he deals exclusively with people who just want him to prance in, say, "You're doing everything right and I don't understand why your restaurant is failing," and letting the celebrity endorsement bring in the business that would save them; and when he goes "this is wrong, this is wrong, the fact that you did this right in front of me when most people would hesitate to do it in private speaks volumes" they get hostile at him. He loses his temper with people who think they know better when they obviously don't.

Once saw a video of him telling a participant in some show he was hosting who was blind what a drat fine pie she'd made with senses she had access to. Guy is a rad fuckin' dude.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Excellent. Now if only you could burn up extra tetronimos in an ordinary Tetris game...

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Dr. Buttass posted:

Yeah you go around like Tumblr and poo poo it's actually full of people newly discovering and marvelling over the fact that he doesn't shriek and swear at everyone; like every day someone new sees the exact same post about "surprise Gordon Ramsay is good with kids" and shows it to all their friends like they didn't see it last month. From what I've seen of his shows his whole thing with his temper is that in the American version of his show he deals exclusively with people who just want him to prance in, say, "You're doing everything right and I don't understand why your restaurant is failing," and letting the celebrity endorsement bring in the business that would save them; and when he goes "this is wrong, this is wrong, the fact that you did this right in front of me when most people would hesitate to do it in private speaks volumes" they get hostile at him. He loses his temper with people who think they know better when they obviously don't.

Once saw a video of him telling a participant in some show he was hosting who was blind what a drat fine pie she'd made with senses she had access to. Guy is a rad fuckin' dude.

Masterchef US. I generally hated the editing of the US Masterchef but I stayed for Ramsay and Christine Ha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOipaGDSBTQ

EDIT: Also I think World of Goo triggers off the Goo Balls and the Casual Game (which features another WoG character on it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorites
Sep 10, 2012

I'll take an outside wager on World of Goo requiring two goo packs. Or do combos always use non-identical items?

• Locked thread