Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Xenomrph posted:

Apparently Vaughn and Millar are already working on ways to bring Colin Firth's character back for a sequel despite him being, you know, shot in the face. I'm actually totally okay with this.

Hell, I was expecting something like that to happen before the end of the film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I took the princess-related scene at the end was that Hey, a beautiful woman promised me sex if I saved the world, I wound up saving the world. Having sex with a beautiful woman is more fun than not having sex with a beautiful woman, so I'm going to do it.

It would have been awkward/uncomfortable if the movie played up a romantic angle with whats-her-face, but they didn't.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Neo_Reloaded posted:

That is the character's logic. But the character is not a real person - this is not a documentary, this did not actually happen. So the more interesting issue is why the screenwriter/director/everyone involved created this scenario. That is what the discussion is about.

I'm having trouble parsing what you're saying. The character might not be a real person, but the logic of that character's actions made sense for that character. Sure, the lady [spoiler]offering her rear end in exchange for saving the world[/url] isn't entirely realistic, but I think it works in the "Yeah, I can see someone desperately wanting to be saved dangling that carrot to someone".

• Locked thread