Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
beanless chili is actually lovely hamburger stew hth. chili over rice however is something that I think we can all agree on, so on to the next point.

less wet ingredients or more?

e: removed the bad soup image

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Feb 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Tiggum posted:

That is clearly soup.

you're right, i GIS'd chili and a dirty recipie for chicken tortilini came up :sweatdrop:

please forgive me

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

this is pulled pork :getout:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

Chili is just spicy meat stew. poo poo got invented independently all over the place, so there is no one true version. What's next, claiming that your podunk hometown is the one true birthplace of bread and that all other breads are inferior imitations? Just because you did or did not have beans in chili is a child doesn't make your dumbass opinions any more valid.

you are a inferior poster

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Feb 23, 2015

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Ddraig posted:

Chili was a working class dish, and beans were cheaper.

Essentially by not adding beans what you're doing is going against the spirit of Chili as it was intended and are gentrifying it. There is no worse crime tbh

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

it's most certainly meat, beans and a tomato based sauce as the barest minimum.

HJE-Cobra posted:

Surely not beans, as we can see there are many people who are pro- or anti-bean. Not truly meat, as there are vegetarian chilis which can be pretty tasty. Tomato? Onions? Chilis can have many ingredients, but the basic important core elements are, I feel, tomato paste or something, and some kind of meat or meat substitute (such as perhaps beans or simply fake-meat). And assorted seasonings of course.

:yikes:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

HJE-Cobra posted:

Look man you really don't want to go down that bean path, do you? The Great Bean Debate tears communities and families apart

Blazing Zero posted:

beanless chili is actually lovely hamburger stew hth.

HJE-Cobra posted:

And while I prefer real meat in my chili, I can at least accept vegetarian chili as a variant of chili. What else would you call it? Vegan burgers are still burgers, though a pale shadowy imitation of the real deal
vegan anything: a dumb foodie gimmick that gets abandoned as soon as the need to survive kicks in

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

here's a chili story. in h1z1, you can find chili. there are only two types: chili with beans and grat's spicy chili. seeing that grat also makes refried beans, it's safe to say both chilis contain beans and one contains 'scorching after effects.'

next issue: how spicy should your chili be?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Zsinjeh posted:

A world with beans in chili suffered a zombie apocalypse.

i don't appreciate this implication, friend

e: quick skype poll

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 23, 2015

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

everythingWasBees posted:

Please don't use extract sauces. A celebrated one had the same taste as pond scum. I say this as someone who's ended up tasting a lot of pond scum.

i think it's agreed then. use fresh chili powder when possible, otherwise just go drink pond scum

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

famethrowa, this sounds good. it's a natural step up from sweet cornbread.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Hobo on Fire posted:

I saw this thread and knew you would be in here. Also, shame on Para.

Best chili I ever made myself involved some mashed up beef sausage, chopped up bell peppers in place of tomatoes, and two kinds of beans (kidney and pinto I think?) along with some of the beer I was drinking at the time because it was too thick even for chili. Forget what kind of chili powder I used, but it was store-bought.

that beer better not have been an ipa :argh:

Hobo on Fire posted:

Also, shame on Para

:agreed:

XboxPants posted:

I appreciate the thought. :love: Chili is pretty good too if it's not full of evil beans and tomatos.

another chili gentrifier :cripes:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Jackard posted:

Where do you come from?

a terrible and boring place where fun is banned apparently

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

eat a sugar occasionally and smile man

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

real talk tho, do you guys want a real Games food thread that isn't ironic and is "hey I made X tonight" and maybe include pictures and poo poo or do we want chili talk for a while longer

if a mod was willing to care about enforcing it, i'd like to see a thread of gaming + food images. post your bad food decisions and something gaming related in the image.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Making some VEGETarian chili tonight thanks to this thread. Tons of beans and tomatoes and NO MEAT. Yum.

enjoy your dinner, gamer. can we get a chili pic + what you're playing?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

better pineapple beaned chili than unbeaned anything

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

spacemang_spliff posted:

what kind of meat is good for chili? for me it has to be red meat, either beef or deer. although i guess you can use anything, the aztecs used turkey I think. and probably people

turkey chili is legit amazing with pinto beans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Famethrowa posted:

But cinnamon rolls with sugary frosting on top? It should be clear now why iowans are fat

yeah, if you did that as a daily thing obviously. i am going to try it once though.

• Locked thread