Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Chili was a working class dish, and beans were cheaper.

Essentially by not adding beans what you're doing is going against the spirit of Chili as it was intended and are gentrifying it. There is no worse crime tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Foodies are scum and I hope a worldwide food crisis hits so they will all die due to not being able to tolerate the food that normal people will happily eat.

"You use pinto beans? Good sir, this may be the only crop we have left but I wanted a chili, not a bastard such as this :smug:"

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
If you're the kind of person that can debate about whether or not you should have beans in your food you should shut the gently caress up and eat your god drat food because there's people out there who are not as lucky as you.

--- My mother

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

your mother sounds like the sort of person who actively discourages discourse, conversation and attempts at improvement

condolences

Probably. She was right about food, though.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Blazing Zero posted:

here's a chili story. in h1z1, you can find chili. there are only two types: chili with beans and grat's spicy chili. seeing that grat also makes refried beans, it's safe to say both chilis contain beans and one contains 'scorching after effects.'

next issue: how spicy should your chili be?

It doesn't need to be hugely spicy. I like spicy food, but I often cook it for my family members aswell and they're not as tolerant as me and i try to be a considerate cook.

You really do need proper chili powder, though (as in, ground from dried chilis and not packet stuff) because they really do taste much better and you can tailor it to whatever you like.

Most hot sauce is vinegary garbage. Nothing will gently caress up a chili quicker than dumping a ton of vinegar in. Also the extremely hot sauces that use extract tend to taste horrible and metallic so don't put that in there either.

Just use some hot chilis if you want it hot. Scotch bonnets are my preferred since Habaneros are quite hard to get in the UK.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Zsinjeh posted:

If you're the kind of person that can debate about whether hot sauce is vinegary garbage or not you should shut the gently caress up and eat your god drat food because there's people out there who are not as lucky as you.

gently caress you, mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The Yakuza games had cool food plus you could wash it down with some pretty baller single malt whisky so it's clearly a very good game.

• Locked thread