Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
TRADEZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
To be honest, I thought at one point we instituted a no tanking rule for the world, as well as a few other "fatigue" rules. I mean, not spending all your budget to attempt to be competitive is one thing, but in refusing to build an actual ML roster, that's horrible for the world's health.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

chutwig posted:

who will be daring enough to roll the dice on The Aramis Hernandez Experience

Are you a bad enough dude?

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Scrotos posted:

Wait I thought everyone had the same R5 pool, minus their own players?

not in my list. I have 20M advance scouting, so I don't know.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Atheistdeals.com posted:

That's pretty dumb, Forbes owns. If I had a legit shot to get him but didn't see him I'd quit HBD.

Just a reminder that gyro had the #1 overall pick and didn't see Glen Little.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
looking back, Paul Donovan had a much better career than it seems.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

ThatsMyBoye posted:

10 games lost to the ether

all games against art are forfeited from your final record.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Your Season 31 Hartford Focus!

C - Alcides DeRojas (33) - .275/.335/.561 45HR 118RBI He's an aging catcher and while he's not the best defensively, he's adequate and will drive in runs. Dingers galore (42 and 45 in his 2 seasons in Hartford).Cool dude rating: :dukedog:
1B - Salvador Martin (24) - .295/.369/.539 37HR 121RBI A young slugger who looks to be the anchor at 1B for a decade in Hartford. 37HR in his first full season, and I look for that total to improve slightly. Cool dude rating: :dukedog:
2B - Alex Nieves (27) - .289/.367/.513 25HR 69RBI A good second baseman getting into his prime. Good production at the top of the lineup. An underrated player. Cool dude rating: :parrot:
SS - Julio Sosa (32) - .270/.319/.368 12HR 56RBI An aging SS, but he still has a good glove. His bat though. :barf: Cool dude rating: :bunt:
3B - Slim Norton (29) - .313/.374/.580 41HR 123RBI A great hitting 3B in his prime. Switch hitting with plenty of power. I don't know why he isn't as good defensively as I think he should be. Cool dude rating: :coolfish:
LF - Graham Abernathy (26) - .319/.386/.562 40HR 120RBI Former AL MVP. Robbed in the voting last year. He's a monster. Cool dude rating: :krakken:
CF - Alan Hayes (22) - .331/.38/.632 10HR 33RBI (in 136AB) ROTY. Book it. He'll be below average defensively (though with a plus arm) but his bat should play well in CF. Cool dude rating: :black101:
RF - Arodys Vega (24) - .256/.329/.502 10HR 34RBI (in 203AB) ROTY. BOOK IT. My OF is full of cybernetic alien robots from the future sent back in time to destroy your pitching. You're welcome. Cool dude rating: :krakken:
DH - Howard Schierholtz (25) - .319/.388/.494 16HR 55RBI (in 348AB) A good young DH. I'm not sure how many dingers he'll produce, but he should be a solid ML hitter. Cool dude rating: :coal:

Bench:

IF - Shelby Huff (25) - Yeah, he can't hit. But he should be able to catch the ball while other guys are getting the day off. Not really a cool dude at all. Nasboat level.
OF - Giomar Bournigal (29) - He's a good fielder and an okish hitter to fill in on off days. Not cool at all. Probably roots for the Seahawks.
C - Harry Guerrero (31) - A good defensive catcher, he'll provide a solid veteran presence in the clubhouse. Ok dude. Probably listens to dadrock.

Pitching:

Who cares about pitching when your team is gonna hit balls over walls?! :getin:

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Art is undefeated.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I just want it to be PM2 already. :f5:

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
162-0, HERE WE COME!

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

AlleyViper posted:

Chip Steele!

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

ThatsMyBoye posted:

You don't have to pay him if you don't think he's worth it

Art.txt

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

duyarvish posted:

Despite the fact that he has handpicked the worst players imaginable, Art still can't outlose the team that I seriously tried to compete with

He just took 3 of 4 from me. Literally.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
We're basically 1/3 of the way through the season, so here's a check on how this year's World Series Champs are doing:

Not bad. Alan Hayes and Slim Norton aren't getting on base as much as I'd like, but they're still slugging/hitting overall anyway. Arodys Vega is a machine. :black101:

How's the pitching going?

:barf:

To be honest, my starting pitching has been solid but not great. The bullpen though?

:yikes:

You guys should trade me some bullpen arms.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

tatankatonk posted:

Why do I have seven games in a row against IOWA

HBD scheduling has always been kinda wonky. I generally have home/away series against a team in the same season.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Looks like I just drafted one of the best safeties in football.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 1, 2015

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Brian Brown and Ewell Swann sound like cool dudes.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Took 2 of 3 from Charlotte. Got swept by Richmond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIqeXSYc8nE&t=2s

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'd really appreciate if my team could beat the bad teams. Currently 1-8 against Montreal and Richmond.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
My team needs to be taken out behind the shed and bashed with a shovel.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'd like to thank my team for deciding they didn't want to be above .500 and making GBS threads the bed.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm beginning to think my team hates me.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
My team really wants nothing to do with winning. I thought I improved this team, and it went like 20 wins less than last season.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

chutwig posted:

cashing it in, rolling out total garbage time lineups

me too. it's called my normal lineup.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

nasboat posted:

anyone but yasiel gonzalez

This. Times infinity.

Plus the fact that Salvador Martin didn't make the ballot is a travesty and an injustice.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 04:38 on May 7, 2015

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm interested to see how this will actually work. I'm hoping you'll see some players bust as well as 2nd/3rd round talent break out. While it's nice to have your players produce, the certainty of player growth means you really don't find much after the first couple rounds.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm happy that my team underperformed it's pythag to the tune of 8 games and I lost a poo poo division by 3 games. gently caress YOU HBD.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Nerokerubina posted:

i lied. HBD is awful. shut it down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEsgETyGCYA&feature=youtu.be&t=42

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I have no qualms with the rbedwell deal. he did what was best for his franchise since the guy was going to walk. the problem is that there is no draft picks in the comp round worth poo poo, so getting anything makes it worth it to trade. Hopefully the new scouting changes mean you'll see more uncertainty, and guys with talent fall into comp rounds or rounds 2/3. I'd really like to see the DITR make a chance for your 3-5 round guys to turn into good players, rather than making garbage turn into something slightly less garbage. But as long as your comp pick doesn't net you poo poo, you have to get anything for a guy determined to walk that you can.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Scrotos posted:

oh sorry it was 5 of 6 not 7 of 8. Not really that big of a difference.

My main issue is that in Mordecai huge trades where big big guys get moved almost never happens outside of this season with Nasboat blowing up his whole team where as this common for Dimagiio. It is just not as fun when superstars move around teams like backend player do in real life. Can you please stop acting like you are in the same boat as Gyro, Devo, or some of the other players you named.

Yes I could move my vets for younger players but A I do not have the time to and B I like the idea of keeping a core of dudes together and watching it grow/contend/age and not just hot swapping players every season. I may try and trade some of my pitchers in their walk years or I may not.

Allow me to be frustrated that despite my team being way better than Jeff, he seems to beat me and gets bailed out and picks up talent for crap. Like I traded him in our mega deal with Hanson a really bad contract that I tried to move that whole season. The minute he gets someone offers to trade him a useful player for that deal straight up. Is it something I do wrong?? Why does me advertising a player get ignored, but Jeff can deal him right away? Its just frustrating that it seems to be easy to create a team for contention, but to constantly keep it there takes a lot of work. That is why I was talking about being burned out, I am sick of hoping someone gives me talent for cheap in a deal or trying to find somone dumb enough to trade youth for my vets. There is almost zero reason to trade youth for vets in this game.

So just let me vent and stop acting like you are in the same boat as me. I am frustrated in Mordecai as well. My team has been bounced in those playoffs as well for many years despite being on paper probably the best team. Maybe I don't optimize my lineups as well as you or Jeff do but thats where the burnout factor comes in again.

I want to cut back to 1 world and I think that is going to be Mordecai.

I think the biggest issue is the playoffs being such a huge crapshoot. Clearly you had the better team. Lots of playoff series are won by the "inferior" team. It actually turns out that this time, Jeff was the luckier team that wasn't as talent. Most of the other years, he overcame the RNG with superior talent. This time, he was better at rolling die.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

EvilBeard posted:

Your Season 31 Hartford Focus!

C - Alcides DeRojas (33) - .275/.335/.561 45HR 118RBI He's an aging catcher and while he's not the best defensively, he's adequate and will drive in runs. Dingers galore (42 and 45 in his 2 seasons in Hartford).Cool dude rating: :dukedog:
1B - Salvador Martin (24) - .295/.369/.539 37HR 121RBI A young slugger who looks to be the anchor at 1B for a decade in Hartford. 37HR in his first full season, and I look for that total to improve slightly. Cool dude rating: :dukedog:
2B - Alex Nieves (27) - .289/.367/.513 25HR 69RBI A good second baseman getting into his prime. Good production at the top of the lineup. An underrated player. Cool dude rating: :parrot:
SS - Julio Sosa (32) - .270/.319/.368 12HR 56RBI An aging SS, but he still has a good glove. His bat though. :barf: Cool dude rating: :bunt:
3B - Slim Norton (29) - .313/.374/.580 41HR 123RBI A great hitting 3B in his prime. Switch hitting with plenty of power. I don't know why he isn't as good defensively as I think he should be. Cool dude rating: :coolfish:
LF - Graham Abernathy (26) - .319/.386/.562 40HR 120RBI Former AL MVP. Robbed in the voting last year. He's a monster. Cool dude rating: :krakken:
CF - Alan Hayes (22) - .331/.38/.632 10HR 33RBI (in 136AB) ROTY. Book it. He'll be below average defensively (though with a plus arm) but his bat should play well in CF. Cool dude rating: :black101:
RF - Arodys Vega (24) - .256/.329/.502 10HR 34RBI (in 203AB) ROTY. BOOK IT. My OF is full of cybernetic alien robots from the future sent back in time to destroy your pitching. You're welcome. Cool dude rating: :krakken:
DH - Howard Schierholtz (25) - .319/.388/.494 16HR 55RBI (in 348AB) A good young DH. I'm not sure how many dingers he'll produce, but he should be a solid ML hitter. Cool dude rating: :coal:

Bench:

IF - Shelby Huff (25) - Yeah, he can't hit. But he should be able to catch the ball while other guys are getting the day off. Not really a cool dude at all. Nasboat level.
OF - Giomar Bournigal (29) - He's a good fielder and an okish hitter to fill in on off days. Not cool at all. Probably roots for the Seahawks.
C - Harry Guerrero (31) - A good defensive catcher, he'll provide a solid veteran presence in the clubhouse. Ok dude. Probably listens to dadrock.

Pitching:

Who cares about pitching when your team is gonna hit balls over walls?! :getin:

Let's do a little recap on how I thought things would go.

C - Alcides DeRojas - .253/.308/.463 32HR 90RBI A bit of a backslide, but that's still ok production. I can't complain from a guy hitting down the order for me.
1B - Salvador Martin - .333/.406/.600 45HR 110RBI I felt he would improve, and he did. I look forward to him continuing this level of production for a decade.
2B - Alex Nieves - .278/.359/.442 19HR 76RBI Right in line with his production from previous years. Gets on base, hits at a decent clip, plays good D. Solid young talent.
SS - Julio Sosa - Let's just not talk about him. I fired him into the sun.
3B - Slim Norton - .268/.334/.469 32HR 89RBI Really not a bad hitting season, though his HR and RBI totals dipped. Still, it could be way, way worse. I'm happy with what he's doing.
LF - Graham Abernathy - .283/.349/.475 32HR 79RBI Not the best hitting career of his young career, but could be worse. Lack of RBI due to where I hit him this year.
CF - Alan Hayes - .261/.314/.454 21HR 69RBI He didn't hit quite as well as I'd hoped, but he showed good pop in CF. Also stole 20 bases. I'm happy with his rookie season.
RF - Arodys Vega - .273/.328/.532 35HR 113RBI Dipped a bit in the second half, but I'll take this production for another decade. real power.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

AlleyViper posted:

Unfortunately for that plan the pubbie pool has gotten significantly smaller.

but we still have art!

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Guys, I nominated Mark "gently caress MARK COBB" Cobb for Hall of Fame. You know what you have to do.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

AlleyViper posted:

Not vote for him because he's not McKay Duffy?

Look man, it's the Hall of FAME, not the Hall of Great. Who's more infamous than Mark Cobb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

ArtVandelay posted:

If there's not a new thread by the time I get off this plane in about 3.5 hours, I'm making a new one, and as we all know, it will be terrible :)

Don't you threaten us.

• Locked thread