Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Can I join this game even though I didn't play in the first one? If so should I read the last one to catch up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Great! Then I'm in!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm totally missing all the inside jokes here. INCLUDE ME I'm so lonely

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Somberbrero posted:

okay ##vote AnonymousNarcotics

You're such a turnip

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Somberbrero posted:

I actually really don't like the tone of that Narcotics Anonymous post :x

Somber I thought we were friends!!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Somberbrero posted:

Feels forced and awkward, like scum trying to interject themselves in a casual conversation rather than waiting for a natural segue.

omg somber stop picking on me. you're such a big jerk. *cries*

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I think I played a pretty good scum game in skyrim mafia. Until I got NKed by some bitch rear end.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm having trouble believing the argument that grandi is scum. What usually feels scummy to me is when someone gets really defensive and tries to point to someone else immediately as scum.

##vote Pmom

Still don't know who to arm though. I kind of like True's idea to arm someone we are unsure about to find their allegiance.

Ninja edit to bold vote

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Clearly I'm not ninja enough

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I just wanna ask, PMom, and those that voted to arm him - what is it about grandi that makes you think he's scum? If anyone has a good argument for it I'll definitely consider rethinking my stance.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Murmur Twin posted:

If people want to arm me, I will pledge to use it democratically and let people vote on who should be shot (before the D1 deadline). Basically, I will make it a second lunch.

I cased Grandi earlier, thoughts on that?

Hm I guess I can see what you are saying but I don't think the "concern" is definitively a scum tell.

I do like the idea of a democratic shooting although it seems really early to be able to accurately tell who's scum. There's obviously more of a chance we end up shooting/lynching town just because of the numbers. I guess I need more info.

This post is a waste of words.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
##unvote

It's too early to decide one way or the other about anyone.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Somberbrero posted:

Hi give me the kill please.

Sure! If everyone arms me I'll certainly give somber the kill!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I think we need to give the gun to anyone but PMom. Not bc I necessarily think he's scum (not sure yet) but because we won't learn anything from the experience.

PMom shoots grandi. If grandi flips scum, fine. Probably a lucky shot. If grandi flips town, PMom shrugs and says it was a poor read. Then if PMom is scum, we let it go as an accident.

I'd much rather see the gun go to someone who we don't know who they will choose to kill. I think this would give us more information.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Sure, I'll ##arm Mills. I'd like to see what he does with it.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

True and Real posted:

Once upon a time Mills was given a gun so he could take a shot in the dark
There's nothing you can do, a vigilante that comes from the heart

thanks a lot now this is stuck in my head :argh:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Poque posted:

discipline daddy

title of your sex tape

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
ahem. content.

so who are you going to shoot, sheriff mills?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Mills posted:

You have 24 hours, Hal.

That's not gonna work when the day ends in less than 22 hours...

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Pinterest Mom posted:

the fact that i was right and you were wrong on our reasoning re: the gun thing doesn't make me scum

In what way do you think you were right?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Pinterest Mom posted:

We're not spending another day rehashing gunchat.

Who do you think is scum, AN?

Haha ok. But I still agree with Trill over you.

Idk who is scum. This is only my second ever game of mafia so I don't know everyone's meta game or typical scum tells. I'll look through the thread again and see if anything stands out.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Somberbrero posted:

Narco has been playing, she has opinions down. I don't know why she needs to go think about who might be scum. It's way too safe. Insecure town are usually much less active in my experience.

I'm not sure why you're casing me so hard. I am absolutely town this game. If you want to see how I act as scum, check out my last game. Ideally, you won't be able to tell the difference since that's kind of the point. Is there anything I can do or say to prove that I am town and get you off my back?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I see what you're saying PMom but I don't necessarily want to say somber is scum just bc he is naming me.

I wish I had more of a read on anybody, which is why I said I'll go through the thread again. Unfortunately I'm at work right now so I can only post intermittently and not read an entire thread carefully. Maybe somber doesn't want me to reread the thread bc he says scummy things earlier in it? Idk.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm wondering why LM didn't want anyone shot.... He kept saying throw the gun away. But flips are the only way to get real information and not just vote based on suspicions. Scummy.

##vote little Mac

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Mills posted:

Are we NATO? :v:

Ummm my town PM told me that I'm NATO. I guess your scum PM had some other information?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Is nobody else wondering why LM didn't want the gun used?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

weekly font posted:

Would prefer Hal to Mac ever so slightly. ##vote Hal

Do you have any reasoning for this? You have no content in any of your posts and now you jump right on the :bandwagon:

Scummy.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hey sure this works. ##vote font

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm pretty sure I just read 3 pages of absolute bullshit

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Okay I just did a massive re-read. The people who are really sticking out to me as acting strange/scummy are somber and pmom. Also, merk kind of went psycho about pmom's "scumslip" but I'm not sure how to read that.

So somber basically came into the thread at the very beginning of day 1, during jokephase, and randomly pointed a finger at me. It was strange. I think he would have just picked anything "out of the ordinary" just to try to look like he was scum hunting. The case against me is extremely weak and I think was predicated just on the fact that I made an awkward comment (in his view). He continued to ask people to dunk me on day 2 for some reason. idk.

I know I'm not the only one to think that pmom is acting scummy.
1. He was the first one to offer to take the gun. I think this act was less about wanting to shoot grandi than it was to make sure he wouldn't get shot.
2. Posts this list of possible scum

Pinterest Mom posted:

We have plenty of good dunk candidates! A lot of people have made bad/sketchy posts.

Somber's weird obsession with AN
Grandi~
Poque's selective engagement with the thread only when he doesn't have to make alignment calls
Merk voting to arm me based on phony reasoning
Little Mac, on a lurker case.

and then votes for Hal after merk makes a case on him. This is especially interesting because of how combative pmom has been throughout the game. To vote with no reasoning based on a single post seems out of character to me. He then continues to bandwagon onto LM and then font.

I'm honestly really surprised that font got lynched. I brought up something that seemed suspicious to me but I couldn't believe how fast everyone flipped.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Also the reason that I voted font is because I think flips give us valuable information and lynching someone I was suspicious of seemed better than lynching no one.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Everything PMom posts feels to me like scum. He will point a finger at anyone else in order to avoid being targeted. It's over the top and completely unbelievable.

##vote Pmom

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Poque posted:

I'm not interested in voting PMom at all.

Feels like a scum vote with forced justification but no actual case of its own. Examples of finger-pointing to avoid being targeted, specifically?

Just the fact that he seems to find everything scummy. See this post where I wrote a lot of stuff. He's pointing at anyone and everyone.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Pinterest Mom posted:

Reminder that I've disliked merk from his very first content post in the game:

I say I want the gun to shoot Grandi, and merk agrees to arm me because... he wants to see how I'll handle the shoot and who I'll kill? It's nonsensical.

this is a good point and I'm not saying I'm "on merk's side" because I don't necessarily think he is town either. I'm having a hard time reading both of you and most of what you have said just seems...not right.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Murmur Twin posted:

Not trying to rehash old points, but on a reread this stuck out - you got your role PM which presumably mentioned NATO Operative, your win condition, and no scumbuddies or special abilities, and you needed to clarify that this was Vanilla Town? What else did you think it could have been?

This is a good point. My VT PM specifically said I have no powers or special abilities. I agree that it's suspicious to say that he had to clarify his role.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

merk posted:

This is a loving slam dunk case. Please vote with it. I know he is scum.

The more someone insists that someone else is scum, the less sure I become of them.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I really don't trust merk or pmom though, for the record.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Somberbrero posted:

Isn't that just scumhunting though? Why would he bother to point a finger at himself? Moreover, pointing is rude. Is it specifically Pinterest Mother's aggression that leads you to believe he's scum?

This is a bad vote. If you're going to vote Pin Mom you should just be honest and say you're doing it because it's what merk wants. Saying otherwise at this late juncture looks fake.

...I don't care what merk wants. This is something that sticks out to me. Scumhunting is one thing, but finding something scummy in every single other player kinda defeats the whole purpose. Basically PMom is saying that everyone BUT HIM is doing scummy things.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Somberbrero posted:

Checking the last couple pages of his post history, I see Pinterest pushing Grandi and Merk. That's hardly everyone. Can you back this up?

I was referring to these posts but you're right, he has been focusing on grandi and merk lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
You're not.

• Locked thread