Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

ewe2 posted:

Riewoldt making a joke of 2 Dees defenders this game, marking on one leg. Doesn't help that they're fumbling every other hand pass.

The manning up on riewoldt has been awful today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Eagles kicking straight early!

Subi racist status: boos around the ground for goodes

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Lol we have 5 goals for the game and 2 have been complete bullshit

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Surely Vandenberg got subbed out for conservation of his hamstring and nothing else in a wet game

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

snaeksikn posted:

Surely Vandenberg got subbed out for conservation of his hamstring and nothing else in a wet game

alternatively because paul roos

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Eagles kicking straight early!

Subi racist status: boos around the ground for goodes

In my last decade and a half of going to the footy in subi i can tell you the Eagles crowd will boo the umps and Sydney off the ground despite a 40 poin win because they are in general a bunch of privileged cunts with a persecution complex and like an easy target

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Melbourne do have the scoring end in the last. Saints didn't kick a goal going the other way in the second.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

melbourne will win the game by 60 points due to coming home kicking to the scoring end, 12 goals down that end to 3 down the other. jesse hogan will have 13 tackles and 10 goals in the quarter, jack viney will rip jack stevens arms off and beat nick riewoldt to death with them

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The Dees handball way too much.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

also jack watts will make an effective shepherd

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Periphery posted:

The Dees suck way too much.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

snaeksikn posted:

In my last decade and a half of going to the footy in subi i can tell you the Eagles crowd will boo the umps and Sydney off the ground despite a 40 poin win because they are in general a bunch of privileged cunts with a persecution complex and like an easy target

I can understand booing the umps because more often than not they're utter poo poo, but I would never boo Goodes and don't get why people do in Perth. Then again majority of the Australian population are a general bunch of white, racist, privileged cunts with persecution complexes.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

snaeksikn posted:

The manning up on riewoldt has been awful today

They know it too but just stumble on. Seem to be opting for pack-marking now.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

That first quarter from West Coast. Phwoar.

snaeksikn posted:

The early stages of the game sounded like it was only the fan club cheering. At the same time, the entire crowd was booing Goodes.
I don't get Australians.

EDIT: Goodes goes to ground, crowd cheers.

Xarb
Nov 26, 2000

Not happy.
Sydney are terrible.

Too many kids bought up from the NEFL this week.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Schlesische posted:

I don't get Australians.

EDIT: Goodes goes to ground, crowd cheers.

It's as simple as:

Australians hate outspoken people with brown skin.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
WA is a particularly racist hillbilly backwater though

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Zero effort from the dees now. Cross stands up in a tackle to dish it off and has nobody within 15 meters to hand it to

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Drugs posted:

Says the south Australian

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Drugs posted:

How does it compare with Far North Queensland?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I can't figure out if people are just so dumb they don't get that booing Goodes is racist or if they are just racists and don't care.

It's probably profound stupidity

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

The Demons love kicking to that unmarked guy in the goalsquare

They also love high loping kicks that go 10 meters

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Saints have looked like they have had an extra player all day

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

monolithburger posted:

Geez, you'd almost think the game at the G' was being played in QLD. That sun!

edit: loving hell, St. Kilda
Am at the ground. QLD comparison extremely premature

snaeksikn posted:

Thought for the day: Melbourne are not good at this football caper. These entries into the attacking 50 have been atrocious
This. Even when they were on top they looked shite

hiddenmovement posted:

Melbourne defend just fine but they have no idea how to attack with any speed or fluency. If they introduce zones next year I'm betting they will return to Mark Neeld tier.

St.Kilda on the other hand might push for the finals.
They're not introducing zones mate. Not next year, not ever. It's not happening.

snaeksikn posted:

Man don't talk about Diet Crack like that!!

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

hiddenmovement posted:

I can't figure out if people are just so dumb they don't get that booing Goodes is racist or if they are just racists and don't care.

Most people don't genuinely get the concept of racism.
Unironically, people think they can be racists at the footy and have it not matter because "it's at the footy".

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

hiddenmovement posted:

Mate Aussies don't take poo poo from no one and when the do gooder brigade says that we shouldn't do something well we aussies are just tapping into the Secret Truth of the Universe by doing it. Equality for all and if you don't agree with with that then get hosed oval office I got oppressed the other day by reading the word cracker on the Internet and it didn't bother me so don't get all racist oppression on me you princess

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

Saints have looked like they have had an extra player all day

If were talking football players they've had several

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Franklin out with Tippett already out, and bringing in Brandon Jack for him is literally the Swans strategically conceding defeat before it starts

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Shmoses posted:

Man don't talk about Diet Crack like that!!

gently caress off, that's not even funny. I respect good players and left Perth (and Australia) to get away from the fuckwit, bigoted attitudes of that shithole.

The umpires though.. ;)

Seriously though, I don't recall Eagles fans giving Goodes poo poo until the Australian of the Year spat everyone had for no reason.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jul 26, 2015

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
Thanks for nothing Sydney I still can't decide if the eagles are legit good thanks to you being so poo poo

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

hiddenmovement posted:

I reckon they genuinely believe they're not being racist. It's easy to disconnect from reality to not believe bad poo poo about yourself.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The worst thing about supporting an unpopular team is having to go to the pub to watch their games then being that one guy by himself that weirdos try to latch onto while you're just trying to watch the loving game

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Someone should compile a list of all the teams that have been up, bottomed out and risen back above Melbourne while they have remained this poo poo

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
The long sleeve away Saints guernsey looks like pyjamas

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Shmoses posted:

The long sleeve away Saints guernsey looks like pyjamas

this except all long sleeves

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I can't for the life of me work out what the Eagles fans are booing most of the time.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Shmoses posted:

They're not introducing zones mate. Not next year, not ever. It's not happening.

Care to toxx this? I'll go in

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Schlesische posted:

I can't for the life of me work out what the Eagles fans are booing most of the time.

Things that don't go our way mostly. You also hear it more because Subi is usually packed and one sided. (4th highest attendance in the league)
The people who own seats are also rich yuppie cunts, so there's that too.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jul 26, 2015

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Schlesische posted:

e: double post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Diet Crack posted:

Things that don't go our way mostly. You also hear it more because Subi is usually packed and one sided.

But they were calling for a deliberate oob, when an eagles player handballed it out and a ball when an eagles player went down with it in a pack.

• Locked thread