Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

So Richmond got better after half time, but Carlton didn't.

Blues gonna struggle, they had zero pressure game across the middle. Every play was eyes on your own man and backs to the ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
They need to stop exposing Stevo to Mick Malthouse. Mick towels him up every single week. It's arguably irresponsible

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Shmoses posted:

They need to stop exposing Stevo to Mick Malthouse. Mick towels him up every single week. It's arguably irresponsible

They were trying to get Mick to arc up. He literally asked him something he'd spent the last minute answering. I thought Mick did well to not call him a loving idiot.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
richmond will not make the finals

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

glasnost toyboy posted:

They were trying to get Mick to arc up. He literally asked him something he'd spent the last minute answering. I thought Mick did well to not call him a loving idiot.
If they've reduced their chief footy reporter to a buffoon role for laughs then that's even worse

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

NTRabbit posted:

Every play was eyes on your own man and backs to the ball.

Nah, didn't even bother doing that.

It was a bad game of football overall, Richmond were just a bit better at sucking a little less.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I enjoyed the match and thought it was good, but on the other hand I spent most of the time distracted building a LEGO fort, and also it's the first AFL I've watched since October or whenever that match was, so any match would've made me happy probably.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Chairchucker posted:

I enjoyed the match and thought it was good, but on the other hand I spent most of the time distracted building a LEGO fort, and also it's the first AFL I've watched since October or whenever that match was, so any match would've made me happy probably.

counterpoint: almost any melbourne game from last year

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Watching Melbourne games is 100% less bad when you're not a Melbourne supporter, I think.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Just watched it and I think the press conference performance by mark stevens was utterly loving pathetic. I think Mick Malthouse has in the past been a dickhead, but he is clearly trying to do his best to reign it in and approach the press conference in a professional manner, and here is a supposed journalist deliberately trying to troll him into a reaction.

edit: watching the highlights that was a pretty gutsy effort from Daisy. Shoulder is utterly hosed but still gets a chip kick away and then runs as fast as he can off the field with his arm hanging to make sure they're not down a player any longer than necessary.

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Apr 2, 2015

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Chairchucker posted:

Watching Melbourne games is 100% less bad when you're not a Melbourne supporter, I think.

watch the melbourne vs collingwood match and tell me that again.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Gough Suppressant posted:

edit: watching the highlights that was a pretty gutsy effort from Daisy. Shoulder is utterly hosed but still gets a chip kick away and then runs as fast as he can off the field with his arm hanging to make sure they're not down a player any longer than necessary.

When he was at Collingwood I was always trying (usually in vain) to convince people that Daisy is actually a pretty hard, gutsy footballer and not the soft, flashy player people like to think he is. Like, he's not Jonathan Brown level or anything, but you'd never catch him avoiding a physical contest.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

counterpoint: almost any melbourne game from last year

I am genuinely excited to watch Melbourne v GC today. Round 1 does strange things to the mind.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

tnimark posted:

I am genuinely excited to watch Melbourne v GC today. Round 1 does strange things to the mind.

Saturday mate. Wish there was a game today but you know .... god

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
gently caress. Holidays messed me up. Good Friday is the worst.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I end up watching the RCH telethon and wait for the interviews with the footballers and their kids to get my fix.

It means I have to put up with COXY reading out pledges but whatever.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I just got all excited about listening to the saturday inquisition in the car to the airport and then was shattered upon realising it was friday :negative:

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Seriously just play footy on Good Friday already. I reckon they could raise a shitload for the Good Friday Appeal with tin rattlers at the game, auctioning off gameday experiences/worn jumpers, etc.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I agree. It especially sucks when other events mean it's the first round. 6 months wait, 1 game, then nothing

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

tnimark posted:

gently caress. Holidays messed me up. Good Friday is the worst.

Hey, our Lord and Saviour gave his life so that you could have a four day weekend, you wretched ingrate.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Chairchucker posted:

Hey, our Lord and Saviour gave his life so that you could have a four day weekend, you wretched ingrate.

Surely if there's anyone we should be thanking it's the Romans.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Surely if there's anyone we should be thanking it's the Romans.

Well he wasn't going to kill himself.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Windmill Hut posted:

Seriously just play footy on Good Friday already. I reckon they could raise a shitload for the Good Friday Appeal with tin rattlers at the game, auctioning off gameday experiences/worn jumpers, etc.
There had been a bit of talk from North Melbourne being involved (given that Arden St isn't far from RCH) if I recall. They don't have a special date during the season so probably Bulldogs or St Kilda would be a good fit since they don't get one either. You'd definitely do it as an afternoon game.

Andy D was a bit against it but I get the feeling Gillon is quite warm to the idea.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I reckon it'll happen next year and involve North Melbourne. I think they'd like Carlton but would take whatever the AFL gives them.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
At least over here there are a couple of WAFL games today. Perth don't care about no Jesus.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Because there's no sport on TV and nothing open, the only thing I have to do is some uni work.

Thanks Jesus.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

luncheon meat posted:

At least over here there are a couple of WAFL games today. Perth don't care about no Jesus.

Yeah state games here too.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Because there's no sport on TV and nothing open, the only thing I have to do is some uni work.

Thanks Jesus.

I'm at work. Thanks for the generous penalties god (show some community footy instead of Dr Phil pls)

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

is that rocca and mainwaring in between roos and carey?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

No footy on good friday? What a loving cock tease.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Yesterday: Footy's back!

Today: ....aaaaaaand it's gone.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!
Just watched the replay, go Tiges!

I was shocked at how well Taylor Hunt went about it. Was shaky in the first but I thought his hardness was a bit of a catalyst for the rest of the team.

I was also super impressed with Griffiths and Riewoldt up forward. If that form keeps up I can see Vickery headed elsewhere next year.

Also for the Pro Wrestling nerds in the thread, if you ever have the chance to see a New Japan local show, do it, it was a hell of a lot of fun. I got a New Japan x Hello Kitty t-shirt which if we ever have a goon meet I will ensure I wear.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I've been sitting here on $80 for weeks waiting to buy a Crows hoodie, a zip up one that I could reasonably wear to more than just the games, say something like this, but the Adelaide store still hasn't put up the 2015 PlayCorp range yet. It's like the AFC don't want merch money, I haven't found anything worth buying (I'm not really a guernsey guy) since 2009.

FYI Richmond has the most amazing merch selection in the league between BLK and PlayCorp stuff, we have the same partners we should be doing as well.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Apr 3, 2015

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

pkid posted:

Also for the Pro Wrestling nerds in the thread, if you ever have the chance to see a New Japan local show, do it, it was a hell of a lot of fun. I got a New Japan x Hello Kitty t-shirt which if we ever have a goon meet I will ensure I wear.

A couple of years ago I had the chance to see 2 NJPW/CMLL joint promoted shows at Korakuen Hall. and you are not wrong about how much fun it is.

But yay for football!

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

BrigadierSensible posted:

A couple of years ago I had the chance to see 2 NJPW/CMLL joint promoted shows at Korakuen Hall. and you are not wrong about how much fun it is.

But yay for football!

Awesome, the show I went to was at Korakuen too. There were these 3 kids sitting next to my GF and and I who were about 14 and they were going OFF throughout the entire show. It was so much fun even if the guys we're mostly going through the motions.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Landed in Queensland to go to the demons match tomorrow!

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

NTRabbit posted:

I've been sitting here on $80 for weeks waiting to buy a Crows hoodie, a zip up one that I could reasonably wear to more than just the games, say something like this, but the Adelaide store still hasn't put up the 2015 PlayCorp range yet. It's like the AFC don't want merch money, I haven't found anything worth buying (I'm not really a guernsey guy) since 2009.

FYI Richmond has the most amazing merch selection in the league between BLK and PlayCorp stuff, we have the same partners we should be doing as well.

you can get a hoodie for like $30 bundled with a membership.

you.... do have a membership don't you?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

pkid posted:

I was shocked at how well Taylor Hunt went about it. Was shaky in the first but I thought his hardness was a bit of a catalyst for the rest of the team.

I was also super impressed with Griffiths and Riewoldt up forward. If that form keeps up I can see Vickery headed elsewhere next year.

Hunt was always hard over the ball and he's got a huge tank. Problem was his disposal sucked when he was at Geelong and he's very slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

NTRabbit posted:

I've been waiting for the Saints to restock this in a large for at least a month and it just isn't happening. I was thinking about buying one at xmas but put it off and now they are making me regret it. It doesn't help that the "store" at Moorabbin is a joke so you can't even go there to pick one up or try stuff on.

• Locked thread