Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
Do they expect teams to keep paperwork for illegal activities?

"Dear Diary,

Today I got injected with a performance enhancing drug, it is illegal."

"Today's training program:
-Running
-Weights
-Illegal drug injection"

Did they buy all the peptides just to look at?

edit: Basically I think this is the AFL covering their own rear end. Nothing bad happened, the players are all great. James Hird is even better, he's our poster boy.

But this other Dank guy, he's not a player, or an ex-player. He's bad, but he's gone now. AFL is a clean sport now that he has gone. It's all due to him. Nobody else.

EvilElmo fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Mar 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

gay picnic defence posted:

Apparently. And somehow how an inept record keeping system meant that the missing records simply must have contained evidence of banned drugs. Too bad our justice system requires actual proof of wrongdoing to record a conviction, and not just the collective will of Big Footy.

Correct me if I'm off the mark here.

But this isn't in an Australian court, but rather an AFL court. So the evidence required wouldn't have to be as strong.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Schlesische posted:

The players taking Clenbuterol are going to be the ones falling off the cliff.

Nah mate. Tainted beef.

Got any evidence of them injecting it?

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Gough Suppressant posted:

If even one of the Essendon players had returned a positive test at any point this would have played out very differently. Keefe, Thomas and Crowley are proper hosed.

Luckily they took some experimental drugs that can't be detected.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Nutsngum posted:

Come on man. What do you think Essendon was actually doing then?

Buying illegal drugs and keeping them for everyone to look at.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

I am glad the players got off, because they were not at fault at all,

Wut.

Yes they were. They're responsible for their own bodies. 'My father made me do it' doesn't fly for a 16 year old Olympic gymnast, why would it fly for a 20+ footballer?

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

From everything we know the club doctors and sports scientists straight up lied to the players. It is not reasonable to expect every member of a 45 person squad to have enough knowledge in chemistry to audit their clubs supplements program.

They're still responsible for everything that goes in to their body. The outcome of this case will further cement the idea that it's better not to ask and just accept whatever poo poo the club tells them to take. If they were found guilty, suddenly every player would want evidence that what they were being given was legit.

Players knew this was dodgy. They would have noticed it was always done away from the usual location, being told not to tell the doctors about it (or anyone) etc.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

gay picnic defence posted:

It would, and I'm not entirely certain one way or another what happened. But in the absence of a smoking gun indicating drug use, I'm happy to see the players get let off and all the hacks who invested so much emotion and energy into a guilty verdict have a big sook about it.

You know the judgement is really that they used drugs they just can't say which players used it so it's not guilty... right? Or do you actually think they're innocent and didn't take any drugs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
I'm glad the drug cheats lost.

• Locked thread