Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Tomorrow is training day one for the Saints, the front bench is missing a lot of people. We really are the best training club for the league, and that's what this year will be about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

gabensraum posted:

Hey did you hear, Carlton narrowly beat Collingwood in a practice match, will win the premiership.

This happened on my doorstep and I had no idea until I walked into the postoffice today. 10k people there, it was a great success apparently.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Done. Fkn hate this new interface, though.

Not toxxing this year, everyone knows the Saints are in training mode. Tiges by 20ish points.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Carlton first goal :o:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Jeez wake up Tiges, Carlton are kicking everything.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Haha Carlton keeps kicking goals the Grandstand team are adamant can't be kicked.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Parko banging things and frightening Gerard, terrific first call of the season so far.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Periphery posted:

I've been waiting for the Saints to restock this in a large for at least a month and it just isn't happening.

I'd even spring for that, that's nice. Must go and check the merch shop at the mall next week and see what they have.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

How dare Melbourne win a game. Listening to the Weagles Bulldogs match. I tipped the Weagles for a laugh, but its a tight beginning.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

hiddenmovement posted:

We need a mid season draft for poo poo like this. It absolutely cannot hurt to let clubs have a couple of picks of mature aged VFL/WAFL/SANFL listed players to fill in crucial on field positions when poo poo like this happens.

Yeah the Grandstand lads were discussing this, I think its a good idea, so many injuries at the start of this season, its like tying a clubs arms behind its back.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Yeah it's a tight one, Eagles get away but Doggies reel them back.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Colliwobbles taken the foot off eh? Dying in the last quarter?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Abugadu posted:

On the freo bandwagon this season.

Same, a team that does what their loving coach tells them to do, and maintained pressure. Port were fumble-fingers, they made stupid mistakes.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Listening to the Hawks-Bulldogs game, what a massacre. Geelong a bit slow, might spoil my lovely tipping :mad:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Lyon would have been furious, and apparently they got told off by Pavlich too. Grandstand commentary was hilarious, Ken Judge was so disgusted with the Weagles, and then got disgusted by Freo virtually giving away 5 goals.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Shmoses posted:

A Ross Lyon team jumping out to a lead then putting the cue in the rack? Never

Why d'you think he left the Saints? They didn't have the ticker. Freo does and should have done much better in the second half. The team let themselves down, any coach would kick their behinds for it.

Spedman posted:

He's one of the reasons why I think this years side is stronger than the 2013 one, along with Fyfe/Hill being two years older, Sandilands and Pav looking fit (fingers crossed), Z Clark getting some confidence, and blokes like Spurr and Sutcliffe playing their roles well.

Hill is a monster, Ken Judge was complaining how no one seems to tag him.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Judd's out, Carlton are hosed. What do we think of Essendon vs Collingwood, there's an astronomical difference in the tipping and I thought it'd be much closer.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Drugs posted:

This looks like an extremely difficult week for tipping

I've changed my mind a couple of times already.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Welp, not looking like a whopper round this time.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Glad i changed my tip to Carlton.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Welp, I guess Port really is improved this year, they were on fire last week but I thought the Hawks would check them, ominous. Freo are the goods, if both teams are still going strong round 23 will be fascinating.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

drunkill posted:

The Royal Exhibition Building had an oval too. It was used for footy for some time as well. Eventually the exhibition building couldn't afford upkeep after disuse. Then the air force used the REB during WW2 and built structures on it.

According to this site the oval got nixed because a boxing entrepreneur didn't like them competing with his business so he found a clause in their charter that proved they couldn't legally charge for admission to the oval, which meant they couldn't afford to maintain it. Sneaky stuff eh.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

What the hell happened to the Swans.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

What a dreadful round, I don't know what to think now.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Shmoses posted:

Surely I'm not the only one that's noticed that Freo are embarking on St. Kilda's exact 2009 season?

LOL please let this be true.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

That is godawful and I thought Freo was bad.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

The gently caress happened to this round. I was giving 50/50 to a GWS win but Tigers beating Port what the actual gently caress.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

He's gone. Sacked for talking out of turn according to the ABC report.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

For all your Philly fan needs, you can't go past The Dollop Podcast!

Here is the fans of Philadelpha

But to be fair, Cleveland also sounds hilarious, check Ten Cent Beer Night which is probably the greatest sports story ever.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

TG-Chrono posted:

"I'm afraid we disagree significantly on this issue. I'm tired of being stereotyped and being spoken for because I'm white. A vocal majority will always attract more attention because the squeakiest wheel makes the most noise. Riewoldt used to get booed week in and week out 5 years ago but do you think he made a scene about it? No. He dealt with it, like any strong player should. There was no mention of racsism then. Why should there be now?"

that is appallingly moronic. I don't pay much attention to sports media, so this thread was my news of all of this. The degree of aggressive racism seems greater now than ever, possibly magnified by the Internet into a feedback loop of increasing stupidity.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Richmond beat Essendon?! Dogs and cats living together, chaos!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Looking ahead, I should have realized GWS can only go down from here. Tiges were the surprise of the round. The edge of the eight is anyone's guess, and finally finally Saints and Dons are less poo poo than the even more poo poo teams below them. Can Adelaide and/or Dogs move up the ladder and hang on?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I have that feeling about Hawks and Swans too, the split round is definitely favouring the top teams this year. Are Port in with a chance, it looks odd to see them where they are now. Cats and Blues for them, probably muddle through that.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Shmoses posted:

I wrote a thing on Adam Goodes for Me? I Like Football. Wasn't sure about posting it here but I'm proud of it and want it out there.

Well said. I'm surprised and ashamed at Matthews but I'm not surprised at the attitude from Hall, he was always a wanker. Waleed Aly was indeed right on the ball on a great Offsiders ep, but so was Whateley and Gideon. Only Josh Massoud struck a discordant note with a frankly immature and confused response.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-31/offsiders-full-episode/6510062

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Gough Suppressant posted:

Alternative topics are is jack Riewoldt going to have a sook, just how annoying is ballantyne, and how many membership cards can you fit in one microwave

happy happy joy joy

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Holy poo poo. Can there be any explanation for this result? I only heard the first quarter and that was bad enough, and I just don't understand Freo's reaction. If they're honestly that one-trick pony they will get mauled from now on. Better teams than Richmond can work it out.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Diet Crack posted:

If they come out and play more games like that, they won't be on top of the ladder for long. In the first and second quarters especially it looked like Richmond had free reign over moving the ball.

It really sounded like half the team just wasn't playing yesterday.

Heh. According to Grandstand, Carlton are "forcing Adelaide into not-good possessions". I'm assuming that was a misspeak.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Crows are really letting this slip away, the 4th quarter is going to be hilarious.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

gdi they're going to win this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Crooooooooooozzz

• Locked thread