Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

So I was watching Foxtel last night and noticed a show called 'AFL Round Table', is this new? It has the weirdest camera work and is ridiculously awkward. I guess they are trying to make it look like just '5 mates sitting around a table chatting about the footy' but it was really weird. All I remember is Dermott Brereton talking over everyone for an hour whilst trying to sound like some kind of football prophet.

Did anyone else see it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

Trying something a little different this year, my office comp always tends to end up having similar teams scoring around 2200 weekly. Which is boring, so i've decided to go with some POD's from the start this season. Boak, J.Stevens, Masten, Bennell, Maric and Bellchambers all seem to be fairly rare this season so hopefully the main players (Ablett, Rockliff, Pendles, Beams, selwoods, Buddy et al), can have a slow start to the season! My only worry is Boaky always gets the tag and Stevens probably will too, but even so they tend to score well and can have massive 130+ games when not tagged.

What do you think?

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

Gough Suppressant posted:

Drown yourself in west end piss idiot

Quality posting, Idiot.

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

I realise this is always asked but I'm in Europe now, what's the legal service to watch AFL? I think I used wiggle tv or something for finals last year but I'm happy to pay for a legit service since I'm here most of the season?

I guess it's http://watchafl.afl.com.au/

Anyone used this? How is it? Volkerball, do you use it?

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

Cheers guys, just signed up for watchafl, i'm impressed already how easy to use and smooth it is!

Let's see how a live game goes in a few hours!

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

Given Melbourne is playing: :itwaspoo:

Richmond v Melbourne, your Friday night Blockbussssssterrrrrr!!

Honestly, better Melbourne than Carlton, gently caress Carlton.

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

Port!!!!!!!! Good game crows!

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Nah, Crows weren't their best. Like Drugs posted, we wasted chance after chance. Well done to Port though, when they did go forward they looked good.

Why is everyone cursing Eddie Betts? I thought he was going to beat us off his own boot again. He always seems to play really really well against us. My facebook feed is full of idiots calling him out, hold on, I think i answered my own question.

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

wada-appeal-is-a-nightmare-for-the-essendon-players-and-the-afl-are-worries-mark-robinson-writes

It's a good thing they have a pay wall to ensure content can be kept to the highest of quality.

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

So Andrew Jarman has been suspended from triple M for a bit. When discussing how to please the ladies, specifically dom cassisi's pregnant wife, he suggested to "just gently caress the guts out of them with your big cock". On-air. And the producers didn't decide to edit it out of the pre-recorded segment before running it.

It's a shame, I used to really like Jarman on the drive home from work. I thought he was more intelligent than that.

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

This was a really nice day for some football at Adelaide Oval. Sunshine, slight nip in the air, all the Torrens water fountains going, even Popeye was doing circles near the bridge wearing Crows banners and playing the team song :buddy:

adelaide oval really is amazing for football

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

I realise I'm a biased Port supporter but gently caress Stevie J and Selwood annoy me.

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

I read Auspol every so often, get intimidated by everyone ripping each other a new rear end in a top hat then leave for a few months. :(

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

Wow, out of interest I went to browse through this Rita Panahi's twitter thinking it couldn't be too bad...she's actually a legit horrible person, i can't believe what I'm reading.

Anyway, I've been getting my Spanish partner into AFL, she loves it!! I'm trying to find some Spanish commentary or coverage but there seems to be nothing. First game we went to was against Collingwood, not a bad game to see for someones first live game!

PS: she is a Port supporter and member :D

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

snaeksikn posted:

tippett was injured and richards suspended

Longmire gave Tom Mitchell the green vest after using him as a tagger for weeks even though when he's let run free he dominates stoppages and gets alot of the ball (yes, he's in my fantasy team and yes i'm constantly annoyed with it).

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

Apolis posted:

He must be doing something Longmire doesn't like, maybe he doesn't run both ways?

Yeah, I guess that's it. He always seems to tackle well though, who knows? :iiam:

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

This is ridiculous, "so, only white people can be racist now?"

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

Went to the Port game yesterday, one thing that really stood out was how slow St Kilda looked. I realise this is probably because they are young and the kids are getting tired as the season goes on but it seemed like they were just running by themselves into open fields all day. There were times when St Kilda got a long kick toward there forward 50 but there were more Port players running back to defend than Saints players in the 50 metre arc. Then somehow when it was turned over we just kicked to open players through the corridor back to our goal line.

Not ground breaking stuff but something that was really noticeable at the game.

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

You Am I posted:

I would so watch the Geelong vs. Sydney match with Spanish commentators. Especially if they get hyper excited

GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

Testekill posted:

Might get another yankee debut since Mason Cox had a good showing against Richmond VFL with five goals.

EDIT: Triple M Adelaide reckon Hawks will offer Wingard 5m over 5 years in 2016. I guess they figured that they can't beat Port when they have Wingard and trying to knock his head off didn't work.

Nooo, don't you touch him Hawthorn cheating Hodges, he's ours!!!

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

pkid posted:

Saw this posted today. Sharing it everywhere I can.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGrL39Q99sE

This was great, thanks.

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

Port have got Dixon now as well...

'The paperwork securing the 25-year-old Dixon is being lodged with the AFL this afternoon - well before the 1.30pm Thursday deadline for the AFL trade period.

Port Adelaide will not hand away two first-round draft picks as Gold Coast had demanded.

The Power will concede its first-round draft pick (No. 10) as coach Ken Hinkley promised last month - and swap second-round draft picks in a shuffle with the Suns and Tigers.'

Seems like a good deal?

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

I always assumed high performance athletes always take drugs because they don't want the bad things from beer (carbs?). Well that's what I read about known drug taker Ben Cousins I think, he never drank beer because it affected his running but drugs were A. O. K.

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

PORT

IN: Dixon, Toumpas, 32 & 49

OUT: 10, 29, 50 & 68, 2016 R2 selection.

I'm fairly happy with it, Dixon and Toumpas both seem to have a definite upside so hopefully they can play some good consistent footy.

:rip: The Future (Butcher)

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

Port have a really easy start to the year so they should make the eight this year barring any major injuries or collapses.

3 games at Adelaide Oval to start Saints, Adelaide, Essendon, then GWS, Geelong (hard), Brisbane, Carlton.

Cloud the Cat fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Oct 29, 2015

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

gay picnic defence posted:

I liked Kevin Muscat, he bought a bit of respectability to a game rife with overpaid actors, you always knew when he whacked a bloke they weren't staging for a free kick.
:agreed:
As a South Australian I have a completely irrational dislike of Kevin Muscat, the guy is just pure evil :colbert:

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

That's horrible for the players..terrible news :(

Do you think maybe now players will think about suing the club (or Hird)?

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

Port lose Monfries and Ryder for the year now too..Good thing we didn't get rid of Lobbe like the rumours were saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

pkid posted:

Holy gently caress, Dank is skeevy as hell.
This statement would be scary as all hell if one of the players were a member of family or friend.

Yeah, reading through that ruling paper is horrible, so much in it just sounds so obviously wrong but I guess Hindsight is a hell of a thing.
Basically, gently caress Dank, Hird and Richardson forever.

• Locked thread