Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lightinwater
Jan 1, 2014

Diet Crack posted:

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2015-03-10/tickets-please

I can't even begin to describe how retarded this is..

Is it just me or does Scooter look quite old in that promotional shot? WCE; oldest looking team in the AFL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightinwater
Jan 1, 2014

Diet Crack posted:

Still need people for ultimate footy too, as we're still at 8 teams out of a possible 16. :siren:Draft is in 2 days, but can be changed to facilitate any new joins.:siren:
http://ultimate-footy.theage.com.au/145134/

Pass is lljk

The Eagles' "lol we're going to sell all the GA tickets at the beginning of the season" is running as predicted. Ticketmaster has crashed and scalpers are already listing tickets at 300% markup. loving retarded.
Captains aren't really suitable for draft leagues?

lightinwater
Jan 1, 2014

NTRabbit posted:

So I guess I mistook when the draft was, because I've missed all of it.

Looks like the machine picked utter poo poo for me, is there any reason to bother playing still?

Because of the small lists you can probably salvage just by being diligent picking up blokes who come from nowhere. Get yourself a team of Michael Barlows

lightinwater
Jan 1, 2014

Schlesische posted:

Well the upside for me is that I only lose one player if ASADA actually bans players...
The downside is Tom Liberatore.

Maybe it'll turn into a keeper league...

lightinwater
Jan 1, 2014
Ultimatefooty is a bit poo poo as is. Bench players replacing any position means you can literally have half your team be onballers

lightinwater
Jan 1, 2014

Diet Crack posted:

That just means you drafted poo poo.

Yeah, the fact that I didn't realise that baffling rules decisions meant that you could basically ignore positions for up to 3 spots meant that I might have concentrated a little too much on players that weren't onballers. On the up side I can now give up all effort to get a decent ruckman and just play 6 midfielders instead. Change my team name to The Grant Thomas All Stars.

lightinwater
Jan 1, 2014
Heeney is a star and someone better than Dunstall has been working with Buddy on his goalkicking

lightinwater
Jan 1, 2014

Periphery posted:

I'm a bad person cause I'm going to link to a post on Big Footy. However, this is an interesting post about stats and is devoid of the usual bullshit found there.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/race-for-the-flag-in-squiggly-lines.1022679/page-125#post-39130571

Basically, this guy does a very similar thing to Hume. He ranks clubs by atk/def and then uses that to make all sorts of fun graphs. In this pose he has plotted the positions of all the teams for the last 20 years and highlighted the ones that won a flag. He then divides the graph by atk and def and see which side wins more flags. It turns out that attacking teams win a hell of a lot more than defensive teams.

Holy poo poo! Max Barry is a AFL stats nerd who supports Richmond.

lightinwater
Jan 1, 2014

Gough Suppressant posted:

Must be because they are racist against whites right /bigfooty

Cognitive dissonance. Not racist but boo Goodes. This must be for 'reasons'. Dimly realise 'reasons' share a lot in common with the behaviour of a goodly amount of white players. Oh oh, better start booing white players.

lightinwater
Jan 1, 2014

Windmill Hut posted:

This is doing the rounds on Facebook

So... people are saying that the booing only started after he made comments on his race, then using that as a defence against being racist? WTF?

I'd say it's a trap, a honeypot. It's essentially the main argument against people saying that they're booing of Goodes isn't racially motivated (imagine it using a neutral tone) made palatable to racists by arranging the argument as it exists in their head.
The question is what was the motivation? Does the author expect some introspection from people who share and like it? Are they lining up some gotchya down the way? Did they just do it for the laughs?

lightinwater
Jan 1, 2014

Shmoses posted:

St. Kilda gain: Carlisle, 14, 44
Lose: 5, 24

Essendon gain: 5, Bird
Lose: Carlisle, 25, 44

Sydney gain: 24, 25
Lose: 14, Bird

Makes sense to the Swans as picks 24+25 are worth more in draft points than 14 and we aint drafting anyone this year. At first blush it actually looked like a salary dump for Bird's contract and I was going to shed a tear at how fast free agency was growing up in the AFL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightinwater
Jan 1, 2014

Testekill posted:

He was also a pretty drat good CHB too, Geelong may have won in 2008 if he had been playing.

This is potentially true, however fate would have it that Geelong had just drafted a (very) young Harry Taylor who was pressed into service down back to some effect.

• Locked thread