Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
FOOTY great work chrono

cpaf I've started to warm to the roos, always kind of ignored them but i like that they don't have pokies and i go to all of their games at bellerive so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

gabensraum posted:

FOOTY great work chrono

cpaf I've started to warm to the roos, always kind of ignored them but i like that they don't have pokies and i go to all of their games at bellerive so :shrug:

cpaf the more I think about this the Roos are probably a good choice. You wouldn't be bandwagoning but they'll go alright this year, could surprise and go very well, and they play three games in Hobart if you wanted to see them.

Round 6 – North Melbourne v Richmond, Saturday May 9, 1.45pm
Round 10 – North Melbourne v West Coast Eagles, Sunday June 7, 3.20pm
Round 20 – North Melbourne v St Kilda, Saturday August 15, 2.10pm

The first one is guaranteed to sell out (the 20,000-odd seats).

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Adnar posted:

Also shaping up to represent The Philippines again in major tournaments this season :smug:

Do you know my mate "Hollywood"?

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

TG-Chrono posted:

If I'm being picky, the Blues have a new logo this year :P

Do you mean the guernsey monogram? It's an excellent reinstatement but not the official logo. Or is there a logo change too?

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Oh right, I forgot that they moved away from the wreath etc. for a while. Cool.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlton_Football_Club#mediaviewer/File:Carlton_FC_logo.svg

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Nutsngum posted:

A sound mind in a sound body?

Jesus Carlton, everything you do is either awkward or boring.

It comes from this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mens_sana_in_corpore_sano

You're not wrong but in invoking the saying the club is also invoking the spirit of the poem as a whole, which is slightly less boring.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

drunkill posted:

First time Collingwood have beaten the Hawks since september 2001. :stare:

jet fuel can't melt goalposts, drunkill

Adnar posted:

I certainly do.

Sent you a PM

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Watching the game telecast from Mandurah, where there's a Hayden Ballantyne wing.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Been watching watchafl for a few years, highly recommend it. Haven't needed an extension since I subscribe to getflix.com.au, which covers it.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

JohnSherman posted:

I'm honestly kind of stunned that using Hola and buying a WatchAFL subscription is superior to the offerings in your own country. I mean drat.

In the regular season half the games are on free tv (in standard def) and all are on Foxtel. You can get Foxtel for something like $60 per month, but I'm not doing that for half the games of one sport when I can pay $150 and get the whole season.

Diet Crack posted:

Quality of the stream is pretty average even for 3000kbps, but whatever. Better than nothing.

Maybe it's my eyes but I have it on my reasonably big TV and think it's somewhere between SD and HD.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Spedman posted:

Question about streaming AFL legally, it seams to be cheaper through the AFL Live Pass (i.e. standard Aussie way) than compared to the WatchAFL route, is the quality better through WatchAFL?

Also I've got one of those Tronsmart tv boxes thats basically an Android tablet rejigged for plugging into a TV, so running the AFL Live Pass through the tv won't be a problem with the AFL app. I'm guessing you need to use the browser for WatchAFL?

Watchafl quality is better than the Telstra option. Probably because they only want mobile customers to use it.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Spedman posted:

Are there bench and sub limits during the pre season?

There's no rotation cap, think the bench is larger too.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Press on the remote where the player touched you.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
If they were serious about the anti-homophobia game they'd do it in the season proper.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

TG-Chrono posted:

Haha Jarrod Waite you are a dumb.

read this and thought, "oh god what now" before remembering he's not with the Blues any more.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Richmond to consider giving him another run.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
#NotAllClubs

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Yeah I'm not picking Mitch Clark first in Supercoach hth

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Hey did you hear, Carlton narrowly beat Collingwood in a practice match, will win the premiership.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
#standbylyon

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
You don't have to suffer alone
http://www.theguardian.com/football/when-saturday-comes-blog/2013/mar/14/football-club-miserable-support-another-team

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Testekill posted:

a capable coaching sim although injuries are bullshit and seem to pile on at the end of the year.

sounds about right

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Diet Crack posted:

I think they added that this year and I was willing to roll with it to spice things up.

No, I was in another UF comp with it last year. I enjoy picking the captain each week. I was annoyed at first because I thought whoever had GAJ would win easily, but I picked up Rockliff in the second round, so :smug:

edit: just joined, league now has 11

gabensraum fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 27, 2015

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Every time a team joins UF shuffles the draft order, want to lock the comp to 12 teams and when the final team joins we go with that? It's handy to know your picks in advance to make some kind of plan.

edit: beaten, nevermind. at this rate you might get 16.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Spedman posted:

I might slap a draft selection thingy together tonight just in case the draft doesn't get shifted. I've only ever done dreamteam, this should be a bit more interesting.

For people who haven't played before - if you don't attend the draft it will order your picks based on what UF projects player average scores to be this year, and it will ensure you have position coverage. It's not ideal but I did it for this comp last year and I think I made the GF. But at the very least it's a good idea to put long-term injured players at the bottom of the list.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I have to leave at 7.30 but I can auto it from then.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
On social media many of my Bomber-supporting friends think that the rest of us want to see Essendon burn, and that's why we don't #standbyhird. This is frustrating, because I think no reasonable footy fan wants the players to pay for wrongs done by the leadership, no reasonable footy fan wants to see the club hurt in the long term a la Carlton 2002, reasonable footy fans would rather have a strong Essendon team so that we can enjoy when our clubs beat them. We are not anti-Essendon, we are anti the people who put them in this terrible position in the first place, who on top of jeopardising the careers of young men have continued to fight a losing battle which has already cost them two seasons and possibly a third. I'll #standbyessendon, but I won't #standbyhird.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Congrats to the Wirrawee Irregulars who bravely picked Heppell in the first round.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Periphery posted:

Apparently, there are two more players that took Clenbuterol. Rumors are that they are Carlton and St Kilda players.

E: :bang:

proof that drugs don't work

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

hiddenmovement posted:

There's a rumour Richmond are playing Carlton tommorow

Yessss :getin:

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Dustin Martin has been named in the midfield, which is what I was hoping for when I picked him early in both of my UF comps. Just hope he can do the work, now.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I'm enjoying new footy news site "Me? I Like Football". Here's a story leading into tonight's match-up.
http://meilikefootball.com/2015/04/02/the-best-of-enemies/

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
OK here's my 2015 ladder

Hawks
Bloods
Port
Freo
Cats
North
Crows
#standbyhird

Niners
Eags
Pies
The Gold Coast Suns
Bears
Blues
Gee Dubs
Doggies
Dees
Saints

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
F O O T B A L L

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
This is the highlight of my year, it's all downhill from here. Unless Carlton manages to win, then I have an extra week of it.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I reckon it'll happen next year and involve North Melbourne. I think they'd like Carlton but would take whatever the AFL gives them.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

luncheon meat posted:

At least over here there are a couple of WAFL games today. Perth don't care about no Jesus.

Yeah state games here too.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

lightinwater posted:

Yeah, the fact that I didn't realise that baffling rules decisions meant that you could basically ignore positions for up to 3 spots meant that I might have concentrated a little too much on players that weren't onballers. On the up side I can now give up all effort to get a decent ruckman and just play 6 midfielders instead. Change my team name to The Grant Thomas All Stars.

This isn't quite true - last season you could leave a position empty and have a mid take their place. This season you actually need to have an non-playing player in any spot to have an emergency take their place, so you can still purposely put injured players in, but it leaves you with less depth (particularly come bye rounds) and is generally a risk when you might need an emergency or two.

So I'm not bothered by it, it's a risk/reward thing like anything else.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
#NotAllRuckmen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
lol

https://twitter.com/TitusOReily/status/586334917799194624

• Locked thread