Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Here's an updated version of the Western Bulldogs banner with their new logo.

A little surprised none of the other logos seemed to have changed in three years given how clubs lurrrrve rebranding.

(I probably should redo the whole set using whatever font you used for the other titles, but :effort: )

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

They should've rebranded back to Footscray imho.

(Yeah, I know they call their VFL team that, but that doesn't count.)

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

TG-Chrono posted:

If I'm being picky, the Blues have a new logo this year :P
Oh yeah, so they have. It's kind of, well, the monogram's the same on the badge (obviously they've gone back to the old school on the jumpers), they haven't changed the look of the animal.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

gabensraum posted:

Do you mean the guernsey monogram? It's an excellent reinstatement but not the official logo. Or is there a logo change too?
They've put the wreath and all the other dinguses back, with a few alterations, for instance they've stuck the establishment date on the ball.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

To borrow from the F1 thread, it's basically Bacon Briefcase time.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

I think Ballantyne is funny.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Have Peel ever made the WAFL finals? Does anyone even care?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Be interesting to see what happens under the new broadcast deal. The AFL would probably like to offer streaming domestically but they also have to balance that with not pissing off their TV partners.

It'll be interesting to see if Ten dip their toe back into negotiations; last time around they opted out because they baulked at the cost I think, but they've done quite well out of airing the Big Bash over the summer apparently and seem more inclined to bid. If they went in it would probably be a joint deal, hopefully not with Nine, because while Seven does some annoying things with their broadcasts (mostly BT), they aren't as poo poo at sports broadcasting as Nine is at packaging the cricket and RL.

Although Seven's commentary is going to look pretty thin when Cometti bows out - as I speculated before, I reckon they'll probably throw some BIG money at Whately (they can get him to call the horsewhipping too) when that happens.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Volkerball posted:

pssht. the world cup hasn't even started yet. go all blacks
Bandwagoner spotted.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Volkerball posted:

I'm a Raiders, Avalanche, and Suns fan. I deserve a good team in at least one sport. For real, I don't watch much rugby, so when I do, I like it to be new zealand. They're so good it's incredible to watch. It reminds me of the Soviet hockey team back in the day. So much better than anyone else, it's silly.
So good they've only ever managed to win World Cups when they host them. Even England managed to win their title away from home.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Some of those grounds probably have better turf than Docklands though. Particularly as it's been a fairly wet summer.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

hiddenmovement posted:

Lol, wouldn't that just fill entire pages up with annoying crap people may not want to read? I can't imagine who would do something that obnoxious.
To save time while doing this, you could refrain from using the shift key.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

That's... a little more reasonable. They're still making a profit out of that, it's just not the total gouge it's become. That combined with BYOF at Colonial isn't a bad move though.

Who the heck eats sushi at the footy though?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

I though family sections were dry anyway?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

I've been a interstate member all the time, which is usually five games plus away members tickets to the game/s in my state. Of late, I can usually only manage to come down once or twice a year though and usually try to tie it in with some other things to do.

Sydney is an obscenely expensive city to visit with no good cheap accommodation options (I had to go on one occasion last year and that blew my travel budget for the year), at least with Melbourne I know which of the "cheap" hotels are comfortable and which ones to avoid.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Sleep in someone's skanky sunroom?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Eh I'd put Footscray ahead. So many preliminary final heartbreaks through the years.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

I do enjoy going to matches with Richmond. They're mad when they win and they're even madder when they lose.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

As long as they keep the banjo.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Volkerball posted:

what is this anyways? was this actually a broadcast? shameless fan commentators are the best commentators.
It was a red button dealy.

Shameless fan commentators aren't good when they're Eddie.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

It's just basically another commentary feed for the same game.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Eric Bana and Molly Meldrum

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Peter Capaldi as Malcolm Tucker

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

pkid posted:

I caught Drew Morphett's last call during the cricket season - he'd been made redundant by Abbott's ABC cuts I believe. Anyway, they played a career retrospective of him on Grandstand and it was brilliant.

Obviously he was a fantastic footy commentator but some of his other calls, especially the cycling in the Olympics were brilliant.

Shame he won't be on the air this season.
Yep. He'd been in broadcasting a while - he came in about the same time as Tim Lane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImaiRcDGbO4

I don't think he was that good at commentating cricket to be honest but when it came to football he was pretty good at conveying the mood of the game.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Chairchucker posted:

I'm not convinced that is actually humanly possible.
Maybe he meant the whole team. 40-odd players in the squad, 5000km over 100 days of the preseason, yeah, they'd only need to do a marathon every day.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

I think I've only seen the Wave done during lulls in the cricket.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Negative Gearing Round

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

What about his mouth? I don't remember any of the classic Danihers looking near that derpy.

Half and half about going to Richmond-Port tomorrow, since I'm working in the morning and I'm kind of like, well, it's a practice match between two clubs that I'm sort of ehhh about. I'll see how I feel after lunch.

Should get a few there because of Richmond but because there's been quite a few other matches in the area this time around, I'm thinking 8-9 thou.

The Deadly Hume fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Mar 13, 2015

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Gough Suppressant posted:

Turns out there's not much to do in Ballarat unless you're a kid and/or An ice addict
Kryal Castle?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

hiddenmovement posted:

I tuned out to watch Richmond eat Port. Has Hutchinson been murdered yet?
Having piked out of going to the game, I'm sort of glad it's not much of a contest. Kind of thought it'd be the other way around, though, even with it being preseason and all.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

hiddenmovement posted:

It's a near full strength Tigers versus Port under 18s. Kern has been alternating lying back on the boundary line working on his tan and wandering up to the coaches box to have a gab to the commentators. Apparently he gave his assitant the reigns and will probably crack a tinny in the next 5 minutes.
How's the crowd?

Oh, right as I was typing that I saw a shot of the hill, looks like close to the 10 thousand I was predicting.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

TG-Chrono posted:

Cool sale Hawthorn you plebs. At Hawthorn family day.

Look I have one of these and it is awesome.

(I despair of the way the club seems to keep wanting to make navy one of our colours, though, look at our off-field gear this year.)

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Fev always struck me as a dickhead, but not that kind of dickhead.
He's broke as gently caress but seems pretty happy playing for Yarrawonga.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Meh I managed to deal with Kennett. Didn't like him much of course (and he seemed to take a fair amount of credit for the things Ian Dicker did) but anyway.

If the merger had gone ahead back in '96 I'm not entirely sure what I would've done but I would almost certainly not have followed the Dawks.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Diet Crack posted:

You should be able to smoke pot and play footy imo. It'll just make you a worse player when you're high and nothing more.

:catdrugs:
Ever seen The Club?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

On the train with the most Melbourne supporter ever. Total toff accent

Who won?
Essendon
Did you enjoy yourself?
Not really, no
Ah, do you support the other team?
I do
And who was that?
Melbourne
Ah, I support Melbourne. I'm sure we will come good this year.

I was wearing my Melbourne Guernsey through the entire conversation.
This sounds like something off the Coodabeens talkback

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Ben cousins has two kids :smith:

fuuuu

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Hnnnn well Geelong are in that dangerous zone where they could get involved in a mid-ladder struggle, but I think if some of their younger players start taking the lead more they should do OK.

North will be thereabouts, they've probably moved ahead of Freo at least. If everything goes right for them they could go all the way although Hawthorn will remain the yardstick, Sydney will be pissed off (always a pretty effective motivator), and Port should have bags of confidence to go with their stamina.

Collingwood are going to be shithouse. Maybe mid-ladder if you're feeling generous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

You Am I posted:

Is the Footy Tipping comp back up for this season?
Yeah, same bat time, same bat channel, you should be able to log in as all the details have carried over. The site's had a bit of a redesign but is basically the same.

• Locked thread