Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

The Deadly Hume posted:

They should've rebranded back to Footscray imho.

(Yeah, I know they call their VFL team that, but that doesn't count.)
I had to do a marketing plan for the Doggies for a uni subject last year and I argued for that. I feel that the term 'Western' is too nebulous and is saturated now anyway (GWS, West Coast)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Volkerball posted:

Brownie's a good commentator. :unsmith:
Jesus you reckon? Thought he was awful. He mumbles and has a terrible speaking voice for a commentator. Also he's replaced Mike Sheahan on On The Couch which feels like a huge middle finger to actual journos

Gough Suppressant posted:

Michael Tuck?

Leigh Matthews?

Jason Dunstall?
...Luke Hodge?!?!?!

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

pkid posted:

This is trolling right?

Hint: yes

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Adnar posted:

I certainly do.

Are you from Tassie or Thailand?

He's from Tassie

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

hiddenmovement posted:

Second year player Jeremy McGovern? Blargh rip WC.

Also a final reminder I'm going to the Rose today to watch the doggies if anyone wants to join
I'll be there too - only bloke behind the bar.

TG-Chrono posted:

I'm going to a distillery in Essendon to kill myself by drowning in booze after Carlton's pissweak effort yesterday.
I did my prediction ladder last night/today and have them coming second bottom. Sorry TG :(

hiddenmovement posted:

Australia are getting annihilated by NZ in the cricket
Don't make me complain about that in two threads, please

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Testekill posted:

Would rather forget about today with four Bulldogs injured today.

Libba did his ACL :(

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Am I the only one that viewed food prices as a non issue? I feel this comes from the Kevin Rudd school of easy populist decisions

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Camping.. Intense! posted:

Are they selling them to pets like the dees and adding that to the numbers?
You're thinking of Collingwood and Hawthorn there

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

thepokey posted:

You could come up with some great out there "press red" teams. I'd definitely press red for a game commentated by Stephen Fry.

You don't need a Geelong one because we have Harley and Ling on channel 7 already

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

gabensraum posted:

If they were serious about the anti-homophobia game they'd do it in the season proper.
Yeah seems like tokenism to me. Would rather they didn't do it at all.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

I quite like Anthony Hudson out of the non abc people
He's easily the best TV caller going around and it's a disgrace that he gets shunted to the early afternoon on twilight Saturday games on foxtel

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Testekill posted:

Campell Brown is gonna be on expert commentary as part of this years VFL broadcasts on channel 7. I can get behind Nigel Carmody and Jason Bennett as the lead callers but Brown is just such a meathead that I won't be able to take him seriously.
God this is such a joke. Why do they keep giving airtime to thugs.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
A friend of mine on facebook said recently that barracking for Essendon is kind of like being related to Pol Pot which makes sense

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

xcore posted:

What's the punchline?
Pol Pot spent less time clogging up the courts

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Ben Cousins has been arrested in Perth again.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Nakia Cockatoo is going to be the best player in the history of football, get around him

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
http://gfycat.com/KaleidoscopicCostlyAss :swoon:

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

NTRabbit posted:

I like the Rugby Union flanker to charging front rower style underarm throw from Selwood to get it to him
Really? Cause I like the bit where he bursts out of the pack, burns off two Adelaide players, sprints 35 metres then goals from outside fifty. Each to his own I guess :shrug:

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Does anyone know what's going on with Ryan Crowley? He's not been training with the club and is unavailable due to 'personal issues'. There are whispers he may never play again. Any Perth goons heard any rumours?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Periphery posted:

I want a press red option for a commentary team that only calls the game and doesn't do any colour commentary or analysis. Only call whats happening on field.
This would actually be terrible

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Geelong has started personally trolling me.

Last year I bought a DVD set of their 2007 season off their webstore for my nephew's birthday.

Now they're sending me "Welcome to the Mighty Cats" e-mails and have kindly created a MyCats account for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYA6Y67NXMc

This happened to me last year. Was offered free tickets to a Collingwood game through uni, accepted, then found myself on the receiving end of e-mails from Bucks.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
So turns out Crowley's tested positive to a banned substance

quote:

Fremantle’s Ryan Crowley is awaiting a hearing date to appear before the AFL Tribunal after testing positive to a substance banned under the AFL’s Anti-Doping Code.

The AFL advised the club in September last year that the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) had issued the 31-year-old with a show cause notice after his sample tested positive to a banned substance under the AFL’s Anti-Doping Code.

The sample was taken on a match day after Fremantle’s round 17 game on Sunday 13 July, 2014. Subsequent to being issued with the show cause notice, Crowley voluntarily accepted a provisional suspension, which commenced in September 2014.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Sounds like the banned substance was in a painkiller he took.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

TG-Chrono posted:

I dunno, I have some serious moral quibbles with teams I support.
I was terrified after all the Essendon stuff that it would turn out that Geelong had been doping their players and I reckon I'd have stopped following them completely. It would have been gutting.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Volkerball posted:

:patriot: up the pies, bitch

gently caress I'm glad you ended up a GC fan, I don't think I could deal with an American Collingwood fan

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

hiddenmovement posted:

I don't get the Brayshaw hate. Mediocrity just doesn't seem like a hateable offence.
I take it you don't watch cricket

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

WHOS LOOKIN FORWARD TO ROUND 11 ST KILDA VS MELBOURNE WOOO YEAH they should play it in London as an exhibition match(and then cancel all the players passports)

Play it on Manus imo

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

TG-Chrono posted:

Saw this on the mediocre AFL players on Facebook.
Haha me too. That helmet is brilliant

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

TG-Chrono posted:

Bontempelli is a cheat code
Beastempelli

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

TG-Chrono posted:

Thanks Mike Sheahan, you and your dumb lists have torn my family apart. Over my dead body should Matty Scarlett be ranked higher than Fullback of the century Son of Serge, Stephen Silvagni.
U wot m8

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Testekill posted:

Turns out that Liam Jones hasn't changed.

Just had a couple of hours sleep to kill a migraine. Woke up, turned TV on, first thing I see is Jones taking a strong grab then spraying the set shot from 15m.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
7th or 8th is the Cats' ceiling this year. Last year 3rd was a huge overachievement. Our defence is slow and old. The forward line and Joel Selwood will pull us out of a few fires though.

I think Gold Coast will move past North.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

TG-Chrono posted:

Nah I think Clark and Hawkins is one of if not the best forward duo in the comp and will see them carry their aging backline.
Having your forward line carry your backline is always a risky proposition. I'm kinda hoping for an 89-esque year where we score a zillion points but let in a zillion. We lost a game despite scoring 163 that year.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

NTRabbit posted:

Won't remotely take two years, they have an actual positive test this time so it will be done shortly after the B sample comes back positive

B samples come back April 14.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
My predicted ladder:

Sydney
Port Adelaide
Hawthorn
Gold Coast
North Melbourne
Fremantle
Richmond
Geelong
Brisbane
Adelaide
West Coast
Essendon
Greater Western Sydney
Collingwood
Melbourne
Western Bulldogs
Carlton
St Kilda

Sydney to win the flag, Gaz the Brownlow, Buddy the Coleman, Nakia Cockatoo the Rising Star.

Diet Crack posted:

Also posting the West Coast best 22 for round 1, because why not.

code:
FB:  Bennell     Brown       Yeo
HB:  Sheppard    McGovern    Hurn
C:   Gaff        Priddis     Rosa
HF:  Sheed       Kennedy     Wellingham
FF:  LeCras      Lycett      Cripps
R:   Naitanui    Shuey       Selwood

Int: Lamb, Schofield, Nelson, Butler (sub)
Emg: Ellis, Tunbridge, Hill 

I wrote a West Coast preview for a website, and my best 22 (not necessarily for rd 1) was this:

code:
B:    Ellis – McGovern – Schofield
HB:    Duggan – Brown – Hurn
C:     Rosa – Priddis – Gaff
HF:    Masten – Darling – Wellingham
F:      LeCras – Kennedy – Lamb
FOLL:  Naitanui – Selwood – Shuey
INT:    Lycett – Yeo – Sheed – Cripps 
Thoughts?

Boonys Cut Shot fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Mar 30, 2015

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
My ladder for this year:

Sydney
Port Adelaide
Hawthorn
Gold Coast
North Melbourne
Fremantle
Richmond
Geelong

Brisbane
Adelaide
West Coast
Essendon
Greater Western Sydney
Collingwood
Melbourne
Western Bulldogs
Carlton
St Kilda

Tips for this week:

Tigers by 31
Gold Coast
Sydney
Brisbane
WCE
GWS
Norf
Port
Hawthorn

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

The Deadly Hume posted:

There was some clever use of existing footage but for certain angles must've been some bits they had to shoot specially (Adam Cooney giving him a schmooch!) or else use some really gnarly CGI to make.
Mooney's hair was my favourite bit for sure

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
They need to stop exposing Stevo to Mick Malthouse. Mick towels him up every single week. It's arguably irresponsible

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

glasnost toyboy posted:

They were trying to get Mick to arc up. He literally asked him something he'd spent the last minute answering. I thought Mick did well to not call him a loving idiot.
If they've reduced their chief footy reporter to a buffoon role for laughs then that's even worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
On my way to the G for the Melbourne v GC game. Why? Good question

• Locked thread