Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Jessica Mallory - The Vampire

A vampire in catholic school, good joke right? Ugh.

I suppose you're wondering how it happened anyway. What kind of vampire would be stupid enough to enroll in a catholic school? Well, none, as far as I know. See, I wasn't a vampire when I started here. About a week into the school year, I snuck into the onsite chapel for a dare, and well, looking for the stores of communion wine so me and a couple friends could get drunk. Look, it was the only way we could think of to get some alcohol, don't pretend like you never got drunk when you were a teen.

Yeah, I know it was stupid in general, and even more stupid to keep the bottle labeled 'The Blood of Christ' for myself. I just thought the label was a joke done in bad taste for the best vintage or something. Well, it tasted like the good stuff when I drank it, but it didn't just make me loopy. I ended up going out for a few more drinks that night. This whole being a vampire is taking some getting used to, but I think I like it. There are a lot of new things I have to deal with, dinner being more tricky to find for one, but I can see people a lot clearer, how to make them move, and how to wrap them around my fingers.

Jessica Mallory, The Vampire posted:

Name: Jessica Mallory
Look: intense, hungry eyes
Origin: newly reborn

Moves
Hypnotic
You can hypnotize people who have no Strings on you. Roll with hot. On a 10 up, they do exactly what you wish and have no idea that anything is wrong. On a 7-9, the hypnosis works, but choose one:
~they realize you hypnotized them;
~they gently caress up your commands;
~their sanity is unhinged.

The Feeding
You feed on hot blood. If this is the first time they’ve ever been fed upon, you both mark experience. When you feed, choose two:
~you heal 1 harm previously suffered,
~you carry 1 forward,
~they don’t die.

Inescapable
You may spend a String on someone to demand that they not walk out on you. If they still do, gain 2 Strings on them.

Cold as Ice
When you successfully shut someone down (7 up), you may choose an extra option from the 7-9 list.

Faery Contract
If someone breaks a promise or contract made to you, take a String on them. When spending a String to even out the score and get justice on a broken promise, add these options:
~ they gently caress up something simple at a crucial moment;
~ add 2 to your roll on an act of vengeance;
~ they suffer 1 harm, whether the cause is obvious or not.

Stats
Hot: 2
Cold: 1
Volatile: -1
Dark: -1

Advances
@: Take another Vampire move. (Inescapable)
@: Take another Vampire move. (Cold as Ice)
@: Take a move from another Skin. (Faery Contract)
0:
0:

Darkest Self
Everyone is your pawn, your plaything. You hurt them and make them vulnerable, for sport, like a cat does with a mouse. You feed to the point of death whenever you’re alone with someone, though you take your time. You escape your Darkest Self when you’re put in your rightful place, by someone more powerful than you.

Sex Move
When you deny someone sexually, gain a String on them. When you have sex with someone, lose all Strings on that person.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jun 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Ferrosol posted:

Jessica Mallory the Vampire

Q1: Wow, all that from one bottle of wine. I take it seeing all those crucifixes on the walls isn’t bothering you and well the one positive thing about the British weather is you won’t be seeing the sun for another six months or so. Have you noticed if any of the other cliché Hollywood vampire stuff applies yet?

Yeah, that was a bit of a relief. It took me ages to work up the nerve to pass one of the crosses on the wall after I realized what had happened to be. But it turns out, nothing. At least, not when they're just laying there. I still haven't risked going up to the big one on the wall of the church, and so far no one has shoved one in my face yelling about the Power of Christ so I won't know for sure about that until its happened.

The last time we had a sunny day I tested it out carefully, and it doesn't look like the sun sets me on fire either, but it does send my vision to hell and back if it's remotely bright, basically swapped my day and night vision from before. I'm a lot paler now too. I haven't had any trouble entering houses or crossing running water, but dipping my hand in the font of holy water stung like hell, and I haven't been able to turn into a bat yet. Maybe I'm just not trying in the right way? I didn't get some magical handbook when I turned, I have to figure this all out myself, and it sucks.

Ordinary food tastes like cardboard when I eat it, and anything with garlic tastes even worse, but I lost a sock the other day and that didn't bother me at all. My body is colder than normal and I don't need to breathe, but let me tell you, the worst, absolute worst, is not having a reflection. Do you know how hard it is to look good when you can't see yourself, or anything you're holding and wearing in a mirror? Well, I suppose I seem to always look good to people now, but I have some pride in my appearance.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Ferrosol posted:

Q2: Is blood just blood for you or have you started developing preferences yet Jessica? Was there a particular person you really enjoyed feeding on or hated the taste of?

So far everyone I've tasted has had a different flavor to their blood, but I can't really work out what determines it. I know that any blood will do if I'm thirsty, even animal blood, its like how when you need a drink even tap water will taste so much better than a pop or even tea. I know that the people I'm attracted to smell better than the people I'm not, and they taste better too, so it might have to do with how I feel about them. But it seems like their emotional state has an effect too?

Winsbury was the second person I ever fed on, it was right after I drained Susan, so I wasn't desperate for it anymore and could actually take the time to taste it. I still had blood on my face when I came upon him, and he was terrified when I sunk my teeth into his throat and drank. The fear made it bitter, but in a good way. Like... a really black coffee maybe? Strong and bitter, but still tasting good.

Harriet was the other end, if Winsbury's fear had tasted like black coffee then her excitement was a sweet tea. She had always had a crush on me, so when I pulled her up to me with a hungry look in my eyes, she was happy instead of afraid and was kissing me back when I went in for her neck. When I had finished with her I almost felt drunk from the arousal in her blood.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Ferrosol posted:

Q3: Someone noticed something "off" with you. What did they say to you? and how did you get them to stop prying?

My behavior changed after I turned, most people accepted that as an outcome of Susan and Winsbury dying, losing close friends usually has an effect on people. Generally they don't become more confident and outgoing, but everyone reacts in different ways, right? Well, it worked for most people, but one of our other friends, Leo, well, he was more their friend than mine, our interests didn't overlap much. Anyway, Leo didn't buy it. He kept following me, watching me. I'd noticed him being weird, but I didn't know what to do about it. I didn't want to kill him, and even if I did it'd be really suspicious. I hadn't figured out that I could really get into people's heads yet either, so I figured I'd deal with it if it came up

The thing was, I wasn't uh... especially careful at first, I was mainly focused on trying to figure out how to deal with all these new changes. So, he managed to catch me feeding. Not quite in the act, but he got a photo of me walking away, bloody, from a corpse. I've gotten better now, so I don't actually have to kill someone to feed on them, which is good, I don't like killing people, but back then I couldn't.

Anyway, it turns out that vampires don't show up in photos either. Maybe it's like that old superstition that photos capture part of your soul. So if vampires don't have a soul then the photo can't capture it so they don't show up? Search me. Anyway, when he developed the photo and saw that... He was pretty freaked out and I don't think he was thinking very clearly. He confronted me with the photos, yelled that he knew I had killed Susan and Winsbury and what the hell was I? In the end I did the only thing I could think of, and made him drink my blood, which the old stories say turns you into a vampire. And it did.

That solved one problem, but... I don't actually like Leo, and now he's the only other vampire I know of in the area.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I'm super beautiful, so I get a string on everyone.

Someone saved my un-life, they get two strings on me.

Not sure who to pick for this one, it seems like Donna or Pippa would make the most sense, but if you have any idea for it go ahead.

Rauri posted:

Currently thinking Pippa and Jessica for this one. Pippa because Megan tends to not trust popular people and wants a token in case Pippa decides to start bullying her, and Jessica because there's something about her that scares Megan. If this don't work / someone else wants Megan to have a token of theirs, please let me know.

thatbastardken posted:

Jessica Mallory: Treasure. I don't know what happened to her earlier in the year, but all of a sudden she's got most of the boys (and easily half the girls) drooling after her. That kind of power doesn't come cheap, and I want to know more about it.

These both look good to me!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I usually can't bring myself to like popular kids, even now that I'm shifting upwards in the rankings myself, but Pippa is different. She might be in with the snooty kids, but her heart is in the right place. Pretty early on, a few weeks after I'd turned, I was trying to get this guy off alone in an alley to feed, and the next thing I know he's shoved me back and is about to stab a stake into my heart! I don't know if that'd be deadly or not, but I sure didn't want to find out! I didn't get a chance to do anything though, because almost just as fast Pippa came out of nowhere and has a knife up to his throat. And then she gets a cab and sends me home, all like it was nothing. And after she'd forked over the money for the ride I didn't have the heart to 'convince' the cabbie give me the ride for free.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I like the idea if Jessica tagging along with the monster hunting to find out about monsters while trying to keep her vampirism a a secret from Pippa

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Donna, you're all Cold and scaly.

I'll get the rest of the stuff after work.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Jessica sits in C2, close enough to talk to Pippa and Thom about their nighttime adventures, and near to Donna who something about her has caught Jessica's interest.

Troy sits in A4 and tries to keep to himself. He seems especially good at this, as he stays so quiet people tend to forget he exists at all.

code:
         [Baker]
   A     B     C     D
1[Vanessa][Jayson][Edward ][Donna]
2[       ][Pippa ][Jessica][Darcy]
3[Lily   ][      ][Richard][Thom ]
4[Troy   ][      ][Blake  ][Megan]

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Taking the move Inescapable: You may spend a String on someone to demand that they not walk out on you. If they still do, gain 2 Strings on them. for my first advance.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Donna, highlight Dark

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Jessica is fairly tall, about 5' 8" - 5' 9".

She is also pretty, and so gains a string on everyone.

If someone wants to take having saved her life somehow, I'm fine with swapping that since Pippa is gone, otherwise NPC Pippa can keep that claim.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
sorry I missed this Thom highlight Hot

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Advancing Jessica, going to take the Vampire move Cold as Ice, When you successfully shut someone down (7 up), you may choose an extra option from the 7-9 list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Advancing Jessica, taking a move from another skin.
Faery Contract
If someone breaks a promise or contract made to you, take a String on them. When spending a String to even out the score and get justice on a broken promise, add these options:
~ they gently caress up something simple at a crucial moment;
~ add 2 to your roll on an act of vengeance;
~ they suffer 1 harm, whether the cause is obvious or not.

• Locked thread