Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Jay Parker, the Cuckoo

Things can get kinda complicated in school. My name's Jay..Well, at least right now it is. Jay Parker, I'm the son of Monica and John Parker. Or at least, that's what they were told and I'm not exactly sure they want to know about what happened to him. Really, it was probably for the best, the poor boy was going to end up with all sorts of disorders by the time he was a teenager. So, I got adopted by Jay's birth parents. I bet now they know something was up, but my childhood was perfectly normal. Sure, I looked a little different than them, but it didn't really start to be obvious until puberty. And boy, did it get really awkward.

There was a little while where they thought they were being clever, calling the NHS about my birth records, telling me it was for schools and whatever, but I know what they were doing. Someone from the hospital, the one who places boys and girls like me into new homes, he told me what made me different, what made me special. So, I tried to be more like the son they wanted, at least at first. Darkened my hair, tried to get stronger. My mom still loves me, but my dad can't seem to stand the idea that I'm actually not quite the Jay Parker that he wanted. You'd think he'd have something more to worry about, being a banker type working as much as he does, but I guess he feels like I'm a liar. I'd tell him off about the fact that their actual son was a dead boy walking, but it wouldn't help. So, I just shout stupid stuff at him, and go off and be whoever I want to be.

That's my thing. There are a lot of people who aren't happy with who they are, but they've got something I never will, not how I am right now. Acceptance that they are who they say they are, that they belong there. It's messed up, really. So, I can spend some time in some other clothes for a little while, feel like that for just a little bit, and it makes my life livable. Not amazing, but livable.

quote:

The Cuckoo
Name: Jay Parker
Look: Sleek, Vibrant Eyes
Origin: Foster kid

Stats:

Hot: 2
Cold: 1
Volatile: -1
Dark: -1

Darkest Self:

Somebody is a hack at playing themselves in their own life. It grates on you. It's time for you, the
understudy, to take that place in the spotlight; you portray them so much better than they do. It's time
to take them out of the picture, using whatever means necessary. Replace them. You escape your Darkest Self
when something they do surprises you, or someone shows a genuine care for them, or you succeed.

Sex Move:

Once you've had sex with someone, add 1 to your rolls for passing as them.
(List them here, and also add +1's to your outfit list.)

Moves:

Feathers
Your magic lets you pass as the person whose clothes you're wearing. When you're seen wearing someone else's
clothes, but aren't yet passing, roll with hot. On a 10 up, you're passing as them - you'd fool their mother and
their favorite hookup. Mark the outfit you're wearing below. • On a 7-9, same as above, but choose one:
}} the magic will dissipate if you kiss or get kissed,
}} the magic will dissipate if you lash out at anyone.

While you're passing as someone, give social Conditions you receive to them instead. This won't let you avoid physical Conditions, though.

Shredding The Looking Glass
When someone suspects you're not who you appear to be, read them this: "If the enchantment were to be broken, the edges would be very sharp.
You momentarily notice a gap in my magic. Choose one:
}} tear my magic away - my identity is revealed and the clothes are in tatters, but you get scratched up in the process and take 1 harm,
}} or, shake your head to clear it - it was nothing."

Close to the Sun
When someone suspects that you're not who you appear to be, mark experience.

A Little Bird Told Me
When you blab vicious lies about someone behind their back, roll with cold. On a 10 up, give them a
Condition. • On a 7-9, give them a Condition, but some people don't believe you, so gain the Condition liar.

Advancements:

X Take a Cuckoo Move

Your Backstory

You've stolen an outfit from someone. Record it under "Outfits," and gain a String on that person.

Someone gave you an outfit so that you could impersonate them - discuss with them and decide why. Record it under "Outfits," and you each get a String on one another.

Outfits
Lydia, Megan

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 01:56 on May 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Ferrosol posted:

Jay

Q1: it sucks that your parents treat you like that. Still tell me about the last time you managed to make your dad proud of you?

Well, it's not like I'm good at much outside of my special gift. Sometimes, however, I'm pretty good at academic stuff sometimes. Mostly stuff to do with getting inside people's heads and things like that. Debating club after school is a lot easier when you're used to being other people. There was some competition a year or so ago where I won. I mean, I won't say that I won easily or fairly, but they don't put things they can't prove in any records. I definitely used my special set of skills to spend some time with the competition. One of the girls, Tamara, from the school not too far away, she still thinks I'm some genius debate weirdo. Anyways, all I did was impersonate a few of the competitors, and I found out what makes them work. Little things to put them on edge, make them uncomfortable and unable to focus. It's definitely not in the spirit of the competition, but I still wanted to do something worthwhile in my own skin.

Getting a ribbon was nice, but just hearing how I did a good job from my parents was amazing.

Ferrosol posted:

Q2: I see so there’s more kids out there who can do what you do. Have you ever met one of them? And what advice did they give you or what advice would you give them if you did meet?

I've met one other adoption like mine, name was Alex. We talked about it, she..well, he... well, she, was a few years older than me. Probably more if she wasn't in her current skin, but she didn't like talking about it. She definitely changed families at some point. I didn't ask her too much on the details, but there was something that I always remember her telling me. She told me that I shouldn't ever settle with what I've got, especially if it isn't exactly what I wanted. She talked about how our gift lets us do all sorts of things, and just use my imagination. I dunno, it felt really dangerous and while I like getting away, that's all just an escape, right? I mean, I know I -can- become someone else, like a new skin, but do I really want to do that? I mean, I guess it might be better. She did talk it up quite a bit.

Still, I mean, you have to be true to who you are. Whatever that is, that's how we were.. well, okay, I guess born's the wrong word, but we were where we were for a reason. I mean, that's right, right?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

code:
         [Baker]
   A     B     C     D
1[Vanessa][Jayson][Edward ][Donna  ]
2[Sarah  ][Pippa ][Jessica][Darcy  ]
3[Lily   ][Elise ][Richard][Thom   ]
4[Troy   ][Andy  ][Blake  ][Megan  ]
5[Ian    ][Lydia ][Lizzie ][Felicia] 
6[Mark   ][Jay   ][Nadifa ][Charles]
Jay sits in the back, but not at the corners. That's a place where it's pretty easy to notice when you're gone.

Mark Barnes is pretty much your typical above-average student, in nearly every single way. He has a bunch of friends, but isn't the most popular kid in school. He does well on exams, but never top three. He studies enough, but still finds time for sport clubs, where he achieves some level of success but isn't looking like he's going to go anywhere big. He's pleasant but not exactly interesting.

quote:

You've stolen an outfit from someone. Record it under "Outfits," and gain a String on that person.

I'm not proud of it, but given how Lydia seems to be about her stuff, I just couldn't help it. It was extra clothes, anyways, not like she was going to have to run around school naked or something. I'm not -cruel-.

quote:

Someone gave you an outfit so that you could impersonate them - discuss with them and decide why. Record it under "Outfits," and you each get a String on one another.

Back when we were in different classes, Megan wanted some time away from people. I told her I could make sure she'd make attendance and everything, and all she had to do was give me something to wear of hers. Pretty simple, really. And my old teacher didn't exactly pay much attention, anyways. Let the whole room get destroyed with water.

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 07:27 on May 7, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I'm thinking Jay's like 5'6". Short but not tiny.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

thatbastardken posted:

Jay Parker - Merely Currency. Please describe something off-putting Donna has said to you. Donna gains a string on you

She said something about me being some kind of poor lowlife. And not like in a way that meant she felt sorry about me! I don't know what she's talking about, though. It's not like I go around taking things from people without them knowi..

Oh, well, I'm not poor! My family is completely.. middle-class?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Lizzy better be ready for this, because it's a Cold, cruel world out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Taking A Little Bird Told Me for Jay. it's a Cuckoo move.

When you blab vicious lies about someone behind their back, roll with cold. On a 10 up, give them a
Condition. • On a 7-9, give them a Condition, but some people don't believe you, so gain the Condition liar.

• Locked thread