Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

They've already far exceeded last year's roster as far as cool big name outsider guests are concerned. Looking forward to the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Capsaicin posted:

I thought he blew up!

No, he just turned back into an actual loving dragon. I can hear the chants of "DRAGO DRAGO" already.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Ever wonder what happened with Tim Donst?

Well, he thinks he's Tough Enough.

https://www.wwetoughenough.com/contestants/mike-hopes

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Gavin says on his Facebook that he's LA bound as in moving to California. That explains why Quack is the new host of the PCAGG now. Jervis, Kondron, and now Gavin all moved to California. It's interesting.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Ever wonder what happened with Tim Donst?

Well, he thinks he's Tough Enough.

https://www.wwetoughenough.com/contestants/mike-hopes

I love Donst, but I'm laughing at the thought of a WWE doctor saying he's fine to wrestle.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

syzpid posted:

I love Donst, but I'm laughing at the thought of a WWE doctor saying he's fine to wrestle.

He really did make it sound like the WWE doctor is the quack a friend of a friend sends you to to prescribe you some pills no questions asked.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Did CHIKARA have a falling out with 2300 Arena? They have a student show scheduled for 5/23, but it's at a new Wrestle Factory on Wingate Street in Philly:

http://chikarapro.com/events/season-15/05-23-2015_back-skull

Didn't they move their training back into 2300 Arena last year?

There's no Philly shows scheduled the rest of this year either.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

EugeneJ posted:

Did CHIKARA have a falling out with 2300 Arena? They have a student show scheduled for 5/23, but it's at a new Wrestle Factory on Wingate Street in Philly:

http://chikarapro.com/events/season-15/05-23-2015_back-skull

Didn't they move their training back into 2300 Arena last year?

Not that I recall. The Arena is just for some big shows, not for training. I wouldn't be surprised if they do the season finale there.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Two shows this weekend for Chikara. Matches announced so far--

"Back to Skull" - May 23, 7pm
The Wrestle Factory, Philadelphia, PA

1. COTI Singles - Princess Kimberlee [Crown & Court] vs Juan Francisco de Coronado [United Nations]
2. Singles Match - Mr. Touchdown vs Kevin Condron
3. Tag Match - The Colony (Fire Ant & Worker Ant) vs Ophidian & Argus
4. Singles Match - Amasis vs Missile Assault Ant
5. Singles Match - Dasher Hatfield vs Blaster McMassive

"Aniversario: A New Attitude" - May 24, 3pm
Palmer Center, Easton, PA

1. Grand Championship Match - Hallowicked defends vs Ashley Remington
2. COTI Trios - Arcane Horde (UltraMantis Black, Obariyon, Kodama) vs BDK (Jakob Hammermeier, Pinkie Sanchez, Nøkken)
3. Tag Match - Princess Kimberlee & Jervis Cottonbelly vs Chuck Taylor & Orange Cassidy
4. COTI Atomicos - United Nations (Juan Francisco de Coronado, Proletariat Boar of Moldova, Mr. Azerbaijan, Prakash Sabar) vs Dasher's Dugout (Dasher Hatfield, Mr. Touchdown, Icarus, Heidi Lovelace)
5. COTI Atomicos - The Snake Pit (Ophidian, Eddie Kingston, Shynron, Argus) vs The Wrecking Crew (Max Smashmaster, Blaster McMassive, Flex Rumblecrunch, Jaka)
6. 4 Corner Elimination Tag - Worker Ant & Amasis vs N_R_G (Hype Rockwell & Race Jaxon) vs Frightmare & Silver Ant vs ???
7. Singles Match - Oleg the Usurper vs Missile Assault Ant

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
Auuuugh I am so hype for Anniversario! Who else is going?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I am doing JLIT and Friday and Saturday in Cleveland, and gonna try to make it to CHIKARA on Sunday. That's gonna be rough though. Gonna have to leave Cleveland at like 6 AM on Sunday and drive right to the show. Not really looking forward to that.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

I'll be at both shows this weekend.

I am, as they say, hype.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Just Aniversario for me, since I'll be watching UFC 187 on Saturday

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I'll be there on Sunday.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
My friend and I are front row for Aniversario. So many people I was hoping would be there are on the card. Haven't been this hype for a Chikara show in a while.

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 20, 2015

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
It was so good. Ashley Remington lost but he still put on a great match. For anybody who was there, I was the guy dressed like Remington who got his hat stolen by Pinkie. Almost didn't get it back, too.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Hallowicked looks pretty awesome now.

Overall show was really fun and solid, but it didn't feel like a Aniversaio show in the fact that there was no celebration of past wrestlers or anything. This was just a regular CHIKARA show that happened to be in Easton, PA.

Kimber Lee is SUPER over with the crowd too, esp little girls. It's pretty adorable.

And they are selling some COTI team shirts now which all look pretty good.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

That was a great Anniversario. I managed to drag along 3 people who've never seen Chikara before, all of whom are busily ordering their KoT tickets as I type.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I also brought a friend who hadn't seen Chikara before. She's considering hitting King of Trios as well.

Some notes from the show:

- From last night's show, Volgar has unmasked and is now "Juke Joint" Luke Calhoun, an Elvis-like southern rock 'n' roll guy. He and Kevin Condron got two points in a four corners tag match where Calhoun would hit a huge move, then Condron would convince him to leave the ring so he could get the pin. The final fall was against NRG and the show was sponsored by some energy drink. Condron was going to use that drink as a weapon, but Race Jackson stole it from him and used it to wake up Hype Rockwell. Hype snapped into action and they won.

- Icarus has new hair and it is HORRIFIC. He has cornrow pigtails. Seriously. It's wretched.

- They had Snake Pit vs. Wrecking Crew and Argus was over as gently caress. The story was that for some reason Kingston and Jaka really had it in for each other. The ending seemed screwy as Kingston pinned Jaka anticlimactically (might have been a botch) and the ref had to keep calling for the bell before they finally rang it. Then Kingston and Jaka kept fighting with each other and needed to be pulled apart various times. Afterwards, Kingston went on a rampage, flipping over merch tables and breaking poo poo while his partners tried to calm him down.

- Jervis/KimberLee vs. Chuck Taylor/Orange Cassidy had an amazing spot where Jervis caught Cassidy and rocked him around in his arms until he fell asleep. Then he calmly set him down and quietly went to pin him. In the corner, KimberLee had her hand over Chuck's mouth. The crowd whispered "1... 2..." and then Chuck bit KimberLee's hand, causing her to scream and wake Cassidy up.

- I had a guy behind me with facepaint who wouldn't shut the gently caress up and was plain terrible. He literally couldn't go ten seconds without talking to nobody in particular (as he came alone) and mainly kept yelling about Barber being a bad referee and how Halloween should be considered a real holiday for some reason. He was the worst.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Gavok posted:

- I had a guy behind me with facepaint who wouldn't shut the gently caress up and was plain terrible. He literally couldn't go ten seconds without talking to nobody in particular (as he came alone) and mainly kept yelling about Barber being a bad referee and how Halloween should be considered a real holiday for some reason. He was the worst.

That's "Unofficial Artist" I believe. That guy is pretty terrible at every show.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

DM Punk posted:

That's "Unofficial Artist" I believe. That guy is pretty terrible at every show.

Looked him up and yep, that's him. What a turd.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Gavok posted:

To be fair, Unofficial Artist was right about this.

loving christ, Barber was terrible today. I dunno if he was tired or baked or what, but he was more intolerable than usual.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Barber looked really dejected and like he wanted to kill himself for pretty much the whole show.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Dangerous Person posted:

Barber looked really dejected and like he wanted to kill himself for pretty much the whole show.

There was a new ref who worked all the matches at the Wrestle Factory show the night before, and did a pretty good job of it.

Maybe Barber IS getting fired after all, and he saw the writing on the wall.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

Jay 2K Winger posted:

There was a new ref who worked all the matches at the Wrestle Factory show the night before, and did a pretty good job of it.

Maybe Barber IS getting fired after all, and he saw the writing on the wall.

Huhn. Yeah, I joined in a "Fire barber!" Chant because I thought Barber was doing the whole heel referee thing all night and when he heard the chant, he seemed taken aback. I thought he was just acting. :S

Also, I think this is the second time an energy drink has figured into a finish in Chikara?

Anyhow, I had a lot of fun, Chikara staff was also really gracious-- apparently something had happened with seating with the 2nd row tickets and they ended up apologizing and setting up seats wherever me and my friend wanted i th 2nd row.

At one point when the battle between Devastation Corp and the Snake Pit spilled out into the crows and Max Smashmaster was sent over the rope and tumbled to the floor right in front of my friend who had the Batiri Mystery Bag he'd bought at his feet. When he started coming too, he said, "Oo, whatcha got in here?" and started to look through the bag, seemingly excited about finding a pop tart until he discovered it was just a pop tart wrapper.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

SirDippingSauce posted:

Huhn. Yeah, I joined in a "Fire barber!" Chant because I thought Barber was doing the whole heel referee thing all night and when he heard the chant, he seemed taken aback. I thought he was just acting. :S

My favourite story is Jon Barber used to be on this Wrestling Forum back in 2001 (I think?) and he posted "You are in my pants" or some dumb poo poo like than otherwise he was going to be 'haxxored'

Ah the product of a misspent youth

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Manwithastick posted:

My favourite story is Jon Barber used to be on this Wrestling Forum back in 2001 (I think?) and he posted "You are in my pants" or some dumb poo poo like than otherwise he was going to be 'haxxored'

He also used to post in DVDVR and got banned for endlessly plugging his lovely writing and talking about XPW and getting upset when people correctly pointed out it was poo poo.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Anyone know who this could be? He was at Frightmare's gimmick table.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

I thought it was Frightmare in a different outfit. He's about the right height.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jay 2K Winger posted:

I thought it was Frightmare in a different outfit. He's about the right height.

He also has the same Blair Witch thing around his neck, peaking out under the bottom of the hood.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
It was a perfectly ok Chikara show, and a bad Aniversario.

At least ARGUS got some love and JUKE JOINT is my hero.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

W

DM Punk posted:

Hallowicked looks pretty awesome now.

Overall show was really fun and solid, but it didn't feel like a Aniversaio show in the fact that there was no celebration of past wrestlers or anything. This was just a regular CHIKARA show that happened to be in Easton, PA.

Kimber Lee is SUPER over with the crowd too, esp little girls. It's pretty adorable.

And they are selling some COTI team shirts now which all look pretty good.

want that Ultramantis shirt pretty bad. Anything on the backs?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Manwithastick posted:

Wasn't as bad as his SoCal Uncensored days. Lord I've been on message boards for way too long, where did I go wrong with my life as well.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Sockser posted:

want that Ultramantis shirt pretty bad. Anything on the backs?

Nothing on the backs of any of the COTI shirts.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

C. Everett Koop posted:

Wasn't as bad as his SoCal Uncensored days. Lord I've been on message boards for way too long, where did I go wrong with my life as well.

I remember him from TheSmartMarks

Bleeding was only half the job...lol

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

The third team for this year's King of Trios tournament has been announced as representing Fight Club: PRO.

MK McKinnan and Mustache Mountain!

Current lineup:

1. Bullet Club - AJ Styles & The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)
2. Team AAA - Fenix, Drago, Aerostar
3. Team Fight Club: PRO - MK McKinnan & Mustache Mountain (Trent Seven & Tyler Bate)

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Attention goons who are going to the next Chikara show: I'd very much like a Gentlemen's Club COTI shirt. If you will PM me so we can work something out, I'll be happy to paypal whatever you need to you. If you don't have PMs, just let me know here and I'll give you my email address. Thank you!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jay 2K Winger posted:

The third team for this year's King of Trios tournament has been announced as representing Fight Club: PRO.

MK McKinnan and Mustache Mountain!

Current lineup:

1. Bullet Club - AJ Styles & The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)
2. Team AAA - Fenix, Drago, Aerostar
3. Team Fight Club: PRO - MK McKinnan & Mustache Mountain (Trent Seven & Tyler Bate)

ok but are they good

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Here's hoping the next Trio announced is this group (Nova's reitred)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
So many times I wanted them to book the bWo, but noooo. I'm sure Nova would do one night.

• Locked thread