Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

memy posted:

Endless Legend basically does right everything civ v does wrong

I hear you can't turn off combat animations (?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Panzeh posted:

At The Gates is SP-only. I could talk more about it but I am in the Alpha, but i'll say I think it's an interesting take.

interesting in a good way?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

01011001 posted:

interesting in a good way?

Yeah, but the game's not far enough along to say whether it's gonna be good or not yet.

PleasingFungus posted:

I hear you can't turn off combat animations (?)

It's really really bizarre to have a game with tactical combat and then not actually let you move the pieces. Why even bother? Just roll some dice and finish quickly. Tactical combat in EL is really boring and just thrown in.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Panzeh posted:

Except having any kind of difficulty.

lollin at the implication that there is any difficulty to be had in civ v

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
EL was pretty stupid to restrict you to one city per region and not say that at the start of the game. Also the perpetual winter is such a dumb endgame concept to spring on you out of the blue. Why not integrate that into the narrative, so I can actually plan for it? The next games will be forcing me to take that into account, anyway.

Well if there actually are any next games.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

memy posted:

lollin at the implication that there is any difficulty to be had in civ v

civ V had significantly more challenge than EL

you sound like one of those fags who likes AC and EL because you like story in games and story is for idiots imo

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
AC was cool and challenging until you figured out IA and supply crawlers.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
endless legend combat was so tedious and poo poo

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

it's not civilization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Panzeh posted:

civ V had significantly more challenge than EL

you sound like one of those fags who likes AC and EL because you like story in games and story is for idiots imo

Nah, after they patched in better AI Endless Legend is a lot more challenging than Civ5.

• Locked thread