Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

WELL THAT SUCKS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Sounds like you were probably roleblocked, yeah

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."

Rurea posted:

WELL THAT SUCKS

Yup. I asked the mod if my ability auto-fails on scum, I don't know, on second thought it would seem maybe too powerful if it does. But everyone, including the mod, has been tired of my lack of participation so I am just going to put everything I know out there and see if it helps anyone deduce what happened last night.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Well Ernie definitely didn't roleblock you, and I didn't. And I'm not scum. Soooo someone else roleblocked you

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
You got roleblocked before, did we ever confirm who any of the roleblockers are?

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Yeah I figured as much, I'm a roleblocker with a catch, anyone who targets me for a nightkill kills whoever I target for a roleblock, hence why I think rurea is full of poo poo about being roleblocked because I didn't block him last night so either there's a mafia roleblocker as well or he's just plain scum

yo bro was this one you?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Has anyone reported results from Magnus yet?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Nope.
There are still a few people that haven't posted yet today

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

And there is the chance he sent a scum result to a scum soooo

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It is very odd that you were able to target yourself, Milty. Seems suspect

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

What if he could target himself N1, then target himself twice on N2, then target himself four times on N3, then on N4 target 8 people. :aaaaa:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I wanna know what people are doing with the dead bodies :raise:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I wanna know what people are doing with the dead bodies :raise:

No.
##vote AnonymousNarcotics

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Rurea posted:

No.
##vote AnonymousNarcotics

Ahahaha you are dumb for this.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Ernie. (1): CapitalistPig
AnonymousNarcotics (1): Rurea

Not Voting (8): AnonymousNarcotics, Chic Trombone, Ernie., King Burgundy, MC Eating Disorder, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, MiltonSlavemasta, Opopanax

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 13th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 4 hours.

:siren: The deadline is current set for Friday at 10pm. If you think a different time is better, please shoot me a PM and I'll see how many votes I get to move it!! :siren:

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Opopanax posted:

Well, I definitely Roleblocked him last night so he's telling the truth about that. I've got a lot of other thoughts to post but I wanted to go over the thread again first.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Ahahaha you are dumb for this.

Nice

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
But for real why would you vote for me for asking about the weird powers that people have wrt dead players?

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when

Opopanax posted:

I can target myself, but I can only ever target any individual once, though that may not apply if I get roleblocked. Why do you think it is odd?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Rurea, Narcotic, stop with the distancing.

##vote AnonymousNarcotic

Full case coming later after I eat.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ok lets start with the basics.

a) We definitely have either an SK or a Town vig that doesn't want to come forward for some reason.
b) I roleblocked Opopanax N1 and we only had 1 body
c) I roleblocked Milton N2 and we have 2 bodies.

Here's a choice quote from the thread that stood out to me on a reread

Opopanax posted:

I was roleblocked so the story checks out. I also believe there may be more than one roleblocker for mysterious reasons I won't divulge yet, and it stands to reason that there would be 1 scum and 1 town RB. MC is quite towny to me so I'm willing to let this confirm rurea as town for now

This post kind of flew under my radar first time around but I reread the thread this morning and it seems weird to me. I'd like to know what his reasons were for thinking that my roleclaim means Rurea is town. I'd also like to know what the reasons for suspecting two roleblockers is. At this point I've already claimed and you've verified my role, and Rurea has claimed to be roleblocked and you think Rurea is town, so why would he lie about that if he was? This post really doesn't make any sense to me and I'd like you to explain it a little bit more.

Anyway at this point I'm pretty certain we have an SK and that its either Opopanax or MCS. MCS' story seems to check out but we still have a direct trail from him to a body, which I don't think is worth discounting just because he claimed a role that happens to discount that after the fact. IMO it would be a lot smarter as town to immediately claim when 9th Layer turned up dead after you targeted him. So they're both pretty good suspects, I'm just having trouble formulating scenarios in my head right now and I need a little more time to think about it.

I'm also pretty sure Milton is town, but once again I need some more time and some coffee to run out some hypothetical situations before I can say for sure.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why you build cases based on how people have played and not what they claim to have done. Point out which of these many night actors you've mentioned you actually believe and who you don't. Giving us the Cliff Notes version of the game thus far is nothing more than looking like you're taking a stand on something when you actually aren't.

Also, please explain why it would have been smarter for me to walk in on Day 2 and explain that I just targeted Ninth but it's totally okay because I'm a weird sort of bulletproof and whoops I just ruined the whole point of being bulletproof, namely that the scum wouldn't know it and would then potentially waste kills.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Very interested to hear MCS' case against Anon Narcotics since she hasn't really appeared on my scum radar at all and MCS is over the flame, but also because MCS' role is very similar to mine apparently and its entirely possible there's more to his role that he's been hiding for a good reason

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Ok lets start with the basics.

a) We definitely have either an SK or a Town vig that doesn't want to come forward for some reason.
b) I roleblocked Opopanax N1 and we only had 1 body
c) I roleblocked Milton N2 and we have 2 bodies.

Based on these facts, looks to me like Opop is the culprit.

Anyway at this point I'm pretty certain we have an SK and that its either Opopanax or MCS. MCS' story seems to check out but we still have a direct trail from him to a body, which I don't think is worth discounting just because he claimed a role that happens to discount that after the fact. IMO it would be a lot smarter as town to immediately claim when 9th Layer turned up dead after you targeted him. So they're both pretty good suspects, I'm just having trouble formulating scenarios in my head right now and I need a little more time to think about it.

It's not MCS.

##vote Opop

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why you build cases based on how people have played and not what they claim to have done. Point out which of these many night actors you've mentioned you actually believe and who you don't. Giving us the Cliff Notes version of the game thus far is nothing more than looking like you're taking a stand on something when you actually aren't.

Uhh Op pretty much confirmed my N1 roleblock. I admitted to RBing Milton after he said he'd been blocked so I guess you could say that one isn't 100% certain but I don't think its contentious that I am a roleblocker or that I targeted Op on N1

Also, please explain why it would have been smarter for me to walk in on Day 2 and explain that I just targeted Ninth but it's totally okay because I'm a weird sort of bulletproof and whoops I just ruined the whole point of being bulletproof, namely that the scum wouldn't know it and would then potentially waste kills.

I buy this, but it doesn't in any way help you or prove you're innocent

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Based on these facts, looks to me like Opop is the culprit.

It's not MCS.

Like I said, I just can't think of a 100% certain reason to discount MCS yet and I'm still waking up and if we do have a logical reason why MCS isn't SK I'd like someone to spell it out for me in a little more detail, but yeah Op is pretty obviously a pretty big suspect.

Its also worth mentioning that if we CAN 100% discount MCS then I can roleblock Op every single night and not have to worry about my power hitting any good town power roles. This effectively neuters him until someone else targets me for a NK at which point he dies. If we don't have a good case on anyone else by the end of today, I think we should lynch him, but we don't actually HAVE to lynch him just because we're certain he's NKing people.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Oh for gently caress's sake, actually take a goddamn stand on something.

I bet you won't, though.

Because you're afraid of looking wrong. You don't want to have to justify why you voted to lynch a townsperson, or why your feelings have shifted, and you'd rather wait for some investigative magic to hand you scum. I mean, nobody noticed that you were the vote that actually got the bandwagon against Ximinez going. Nice one, by the way.

It's easier, isn't it? To just hop on the bandwagon because someone claimed to have gotten a result that would wash your hands, right, Pontus Pilate? After all, lynching a townsperson might open you up to scrutiny. I bet you've been lynched before by making a case that got twisted around on you, yes?

Scum don't like scrutiny or paper trails, because they already know when the lynch is going to be wrong. If they're not the first one on the bandwagon making the intentionally flawed case, they're hoping nobody notices them sneaking onto it. Scum don't get actual opinions, so they avoid making them.

Oh, and guess what. We had a watcher, tracker, and messaging cop all end up dead. I'm willing to bet that's probably all the investigative roles, and if I missed one or two, my point remains. There ain't no goddamn reinforcements. This thread and whatever your night action can convince you of is all that you get.

Quit with the white noise bullshit, stop trying to decode the night actions, grow a spine, and play the game.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

what did you mean distancing

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Like I said, I just can't think of a 100% certain reason to discount MCS yet and I'm still waking up and if we do have a logical reason why MCS isn't SK I'd like someone to spell it out for me in a little more detail, but yeah Op is pretty obviously a pretty big suspect.

Its also worth mentioning that if we CAN 100% discount MCS then I can roleblock Op every single night and not have to worry about my power hitting any good town power roles. This effectively neuters him until someone else targets me for a NK at which point he dies. If we don't have a good case on anyone else by the end of today, I think we should lynch him, but we don't actually HAVE to lynch him just because we're certain he's NKing people.

Yeah that's a good plan. If you RB him tonight and we only get 1 kill, it's triply confirmed.

Who's the scum we should lynch then?

I am suspicious of the following people: Chic, Ernie, cpig, KB

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
MCS please stop getting mad at me for not wanting to jump to conclusions 6 hours into a day when we have been inundated with a fuckload of new information and present your case against anonymous narcotics

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when

Opopanax posted:

I find this post pretty suspicious due to Opop asserting an implausible level of knowledge about my role when some of the mechanics discussed thus far have been pretty complicated and this is explicitly a role madness game. And, the fact that it came when he knew an extended discussion of roleblocking might not go in his favor, since he certainly knew he was roleblocked N1 and potentially didn't want to claim it because he is a Serial Killer or something just adds to my suspicion.

He's also been laying pretty low, making only one-line useless posts and not really contributing any sort of reasoning or data the entire game, so my conclusion after looking through his thread history is that he isn't enthusiastic about helping town at all. A Serial Killer might make sense here because instead of being able to coordinate with other scum, it seems like he'd have to just lay low on his own and try to figure out whatever strategy he can for getting everyone else dead.

I am confident enough to ##vote Opopanax BUT this is all predicated on MC Eating Disorder telling the truth. It would have been relatively easy for a scum roleblocker to fabricate the rest of his story and implicate Opop, a player who probably wouldn't get a ton of objections to their lynching but might just be a low-effort townsperson. So I am open to Opop's claim/rebuttal here if he chooses to present one. HOWEVER if MC Eating Disorder were scum I don't understand why they claimed roleblocker yesterday, as that would seem to be a risky/pointless gambit, for instance if another town roleblocker counter-claimed them. So while I'm not 100% on MC Eating Disorder, frankly not 100% on anyone besides myself, I do lean more towards them as town than probably any other player right now.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Still eating, so phone posting, so the case will wait.

However, I have a simple question to ask of the amazing plan discussed openly where scum can see:

What happens if no or two deaths occur? What did we gain from that?

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when

Yeah that's a good plan. If you RB him tonight and we only get 1 kill, it's triply confirmed.

Be careful. If the SK is someone else and they KNOW the plan is to roleblock Opop, they could choose not to kill in order to implicate Opop. Then we'd lynch Opop and the double nightkills would resume afterwards, and that would just be wonderful.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Still eating, so phone posting, so the case will wait.

However, I have a simple question to ask of the amazing plan discussed openly where scum can see:

What happens if no or two deaths occur? What did we gain from that?

It's been discussed that there are most likely two roleblockers. If there are no kills when mced blocks Opop and the other roleblocker targets another person, that other person is obviously scum.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Can a roleblocker stop the scum faction kill? I'm not really clear on that.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

It's been discussed that there are most likely two roleblockers. If there are no kills when mced blocks Opop and the other roleblocker targets another person, that other person is obviously scum.

Scum can withhold kills. I've done it before as lone scum to both implicate other people and to place LYLO into a three man game rather than four.

My point is, you're trying to game something out in the open against people who can simply choose something else.

It's a terrible plan, and I'm not just saying this because I lose my bulletproof if you do roleblock me.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I don't think its smart to assume anything from less than 2 kills. 2 kills means something pretty solid, but even then the possibility of a town vig keeping on the DL is still very possible, although if that's the case they've done a terrible job of choosing their targets so far.

MiltonSlavemasta posted:

Can a roleblocker stop the scum faction kill? I'm not really clear on that.

Yeah of course I can, why wouldn't I be able to?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Well I have to do it out in the open because I have nowhere else to discuss tactics. Yes, scum can adjust their plan to respond to our ideas, but without strategies, we are only on the defense.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Well I have to do it out in the open because I have nowhere else to discuss tactics. Yes, scum can adjust their plan to respond to our ideas, but without strategies, we are only on the defense.

Welcome to Mafia, the game of the informed minority against the uninformed majority.

The whole idea of 'tactics' means nothing when the scum can see everything you're planning. Period.

Can we move along from this whole idea before we start trying even dumber things like Opposite Day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
This game is full of people misunderstanding each other to epic proportions so I want to clarify something I've already explicitly said, but that appears to have been overlooked: my plan is an effective gambit if we have 100% certainty that someone is SK or scum. I don't believe we do, but Anonymous Narcotics seems to think so and I''m still waiting to hear her reasoning on that. I'm sure as gently caress not going to say who I plan to roleblock tonight ahead of time unless someone can convince me beyond any doubt that either Op OR MCS are scum/SK.

• Locked thread