Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
A shocking development

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

At least one of CPig, Chic Trombone, or Somberbrero seems to be placing the group in the limelight for scum reasons (I'm leaning towards either CT or Somber simply due to volume).

Admittedly, this tempts me to vote. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiRuj2_czzw

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Claiming town for your very first post in the thread doesn't seem inherently suspicious to me but it seems pretty pointless and unhelpful. I don't know why you'd bother getting defensive about that and I dont understand why King Burgundy thinks calling that out is worth a vote either

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Claiming town for your very first post in the thread doesn't seem inherently suspicious to me but it seems pretty pointless and unhelpful. I don't know why you'd bother getting defensive about that and I dont understand why King Burgundy thinks calling that out is worth a vote either

Because this game is boring and nothing is happening. :) This isn't even a good joke phase right now. Where is everyone?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Excuse me I think you'll find I'm extremely pointed and helpful

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

Because this game is boring and nothing is happening. :) This isn't even a good joke phase right now. Where is everyone?

I bet this joke phase would be better if we turboed somber!

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

I agree.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
How about this, if one more person votes for somber , just so I can say we at least halfway got there, I will give you a present in game, a very serious one that will have far reaching effects in this game.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CapitalistPig posted:

How about this, if one more person votes for somber , just so I can say we at least halfway got there, I will give you a present in game, a very serious one that will have far reaching effects in this game.

##unvote ##vote somber

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
That doesnt count you were already voting somber

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

Ok.

##vote Somber

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
YYESSSSSSSSSS

##hammer Somber

YESSSSS BWAYAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

I love presents.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You didn't specify. Pig give me my boon or you'll regret it!

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
:O

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

YYESSSSSSSSSS

##hammer Somber

YESSSSS BWAYAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

I had this same power in a recent game and didn't get to use it because I got nk'd. I'm super jealous.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Sometimes, on occasion, I think to my self: "Hey, jokephase may be stupid and I should avoid it" then I think to my self "no. wait. I could be wrong. jokephase MAY BE ESSENTIAL. Who knows?" So, Somber, why do you think you're so special as to be the one who KNOWS jokephase is not a good part of mafia?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Somberbrero (8): AnonymousNarcotics, CapitalistPig, Opopanax, AnonymousNarcotics, Good Sir, CapitalistPig, Rurea, Opopanax, Opopanax, King Burgundy, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (1): The Ninth Layer
The Ninth Layer (1): MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
Opopanax (1): Magnus Gallant
Chic Trombone (1): Somberbrero
Lynch No One! (0): Rurea, Rurea
CapitalistPig (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
Magnus Gallant (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
King Burgundy (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (6): AnonymousNarcotics, Cardinal Ximenez, Chic Trombone, Ernie., MC Eating Disorder, MiltonSlavemasta

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 08th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 23 hours.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUeWJjZB_nQ

"Staring at the hourglass, my life, it feels like a machine
Running with no direction
Watching time as it draws a perception obscene”

Somberbrero, Scum-aligned Watcher, has been played to death Day 1!

Ability: You have been given the gift of sight, allowing you to watch targets from afar. Each night, you may target a player to watch them. You will receive a list of players who also visit that target, but will not see what actions they perform. You may target yourself, however you cannot target the same target two nights in a row.

It is now Night 1. Night actions please!

kumba fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 11, 2015

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
:siren:D2 will open sometime early afternoon tomorrow as I have folks unexpectedly in from out of town, and some of you are slow. This will not happen again, so get your poo poo in ASAP!:siren:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
"Stop bleeding on the inside, we are alive,
And it's more than enough to paint the walls that are white.
Can we show the ones who are blind?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MQiuc06jIU

The Ninth Layer, Town-aligned Confirmed Tracker Mason, has been ripped apart Night 1!

Ability: You are one half of a whole - the Omega to the Alpha. Together, you can see what others cannot. You have a confirmed town mason pal, {REDACTED}, and you can communicate in a mason doc located {REDACTED}
Each night, one of you can target a player to track them to their destination. You will receive the target(s) they visit, if any.
{REDACTED}

Win Condition: You win once all threats to the town have been eliminated.

It is now Day 2.

kumba fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 11, 2015

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (13): AnonymousNarcotics, CapitalistPig, Cardinal Ximenez, Chic Trombone, Ernie., Good Sir, King Burgundy, Magnus Gallant, MC Eating Disorder, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, MiltonSlavemasta, Opopanax, Rurea

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 10th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 9 hours.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Hi! You are welcome for hammering scum. It was one of the most thrilling moments in my mafia career.

Anyway, I got an anonymous message that said Magnus Gallant was Town.

I would take that with a grain of salt because it was just an anonymous message I got in the night.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I think I got roleblocked :(

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Also that hammer was amazing

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rurea posted:

Also that hammer was amazing

Thank you , honestly though, I would have done that to whoever got to 4 first. I'm just glad it was scum.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
That was pretty hilarious. Good work pig

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Rurea posted:

I think I got roleblocked :(

What were you trying to do :colbert:

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."
I'm going to look this up in a bit, but for the record, has there ever been a scum hammer power on an SA mafia game? Having one to fall on Somber is just enough to be plausibly busing, and I want to see if there is any precedent before we jump to CPig as having an essentially confirmed alignment.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

I'm going to look this up in a bit, but for the record, has there ever been a scum hammer power on an SA mafia game? Having one to fall on Somber is just enough to be plausibly busing, and I want to see if there is any precedent before we jump to CPig as having an essentially confirmed alignment.

It doesn't matter if there were 100 or this was the first, don't confirm people based on role

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

Hi! You are welcome for hammering scum. It was one of the most thrilling moments in my mafia career.

Anyway, I got an anonymous message that said Magnus Gallant was Town.

I would take that with a grain of salt because it was just an anonymous message I got in the night.

probably true regardless of who sent it, scum messengers are very very boring roles where they don't really 'do' anything game changing

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

cpig, if i told you i'm scum and hate the fact that im starting the game at a severe disadvantage and am considering asking you if you can turbo me today what would you say

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ernie. posted:

cpig, if i told you i'm scum and hate the fact that im starting the game at a severe disadvantage and am considering asking you if you can turbo me today what would you say

##vote ernie

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

##vote ernie

interesting

okay

well i'm not scum

i was just asking for a friend

:D

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

:zombie: lmao so much for that, go town! :zombie:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

##vote ernie

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

interesting

okay

well i'm not scum

i was just asking for a friend

:D

So what was the point of that line of inquiry?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Magnus Gallant posted:

So what was the point of that line of inquiry?

i wanted to see if cpig's power could be used more than once

it's unlikely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
It cant, I'm vt now.

• Locked thread