Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

In. Do I get to kill Buddha this time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Kumbamontu posted:

You can be any of the Village People

holy poo poo kumba is confirming people before the game starts

rigged rng

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

in kumba's dictionary RNG is a short form of 'RIGGING'

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

Hi! You are welcome for hammering scum. It was one of the most thrilling moments in my mafia career.

Anyway, I got an anonymous message that said Magnus Gallant was Town.

I would take that with a grain of salt because it was just an anonymous message I got in the night.

probably true regardless of who sent it, scum messengers are very very boring roles where they don't really 'do' anything game changing

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

cpig, if i told you i'm scum and hate the fact that im starting the game at a severe disadvantage and am considering asking you if you can turbo me today what would you say

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

##vote ernie

interesting

okay

well i'm not scum

i was just asking for a friend

:D

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Magnus Gallant posted:

So what was the point of that line of inquiry?

i wanted to see if cpig's power could be used more than once

it's unlikely

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

explain your vote pls

what's scummy about trying to test whether cpig's ability can be used more than once (and the possibility that he might hold on to it to mylo or lylo if he were scum)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Magnus Gallant posted:

Explain why you would need to know if he can do it more than once

did you read the post i just wrote?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

and even if i didn't explain that, what exactly is scummy about finding out information about a turbo-ability? exactly, please.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Because scum have to be afraid of the lynch unless they can swing it in their favor. Prying for details on it doesn't make sense as town, because it's not something they should be trying to game or steer.

Also, if it's a scum power, why blow it on Day 1 on a jokevote bandwagon against scum?

yes... as town i should feel super okay about someone being able to control the one ability i have (my vote) without question. anything i say about this topic is steering conversation in a bad direction, and is not me trying to figure out if i should be careful of placing my votes in the future or not.

and if it's a scum ability, i don't see why scum wouldn't use it on d1? but never mind that the ability could be a 3p one or something, let's just arbitrarily decide that talking about a turbo is scummy.

sigh

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

also i asked magnus the question because i think magnus is on his scum game here

he's not being his normal lax self and prompted me to answer a question first so that he could go 'lol look at this bad answer'

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Climb down from your loving cross, nothing has happened to you yet.

jesus loving christ you're daft

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Please explain why your martyrdom complex is kicking in because people are scrutinizing your ideas. I don't see why you're going so defensive and hopeless this early-you don't even have a loving vote on you yet.

oh my godddd

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

also no one scrutinized my ideas, people had a knee-jerk reaction to them

when i scrutinized yours your response was 'climb down your loving cross'

are you even a little self-aware?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

MC Eating Disorder posted:

sorry that was ernie, i'm getting my people mixed up

I have a history with cpig where we troll each other as scum/town. I wanted to see if he'll gently caress around with me or get playful if I put myself in a weaker position.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

we can thunderdome opop, if you'd like because i'm legitimately too lazy to find you an example

i've scum claimed and 3p claimed as all alignments before

afaik the only time i scum claimed when i was actually scum on d1 of a game was civilization 1 to troll the game - because there were like 30 players. and then i ended up being the last standing scum.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

MC Eating Disorder posted:

wtf is thunderdoming in context of mafia because I keep seeing it come up and I dont know if its a real thing or a figure of speech

it basically means two players ask the thread to only choose someone between the two of them to die/get voted that day

i have no particularly strong feelings against opop (the opposite actually), so this would be one sided from him

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i still personally think magnus gallant's interaction with the game is insincere

coming up with a question to vote first seems like he didn't want to throw down a half-serious vote based on a half-serious post, he wanted his vote to stick by asking me a serious question first

it's a v scummy interaction

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

in fact ##vote magnus gallant

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I think the only thing I can find against Ximenez is that they thought between KB and Rurea must be one scum. It didn't feel like a logical jump, more like an opportunistic jump. Would vote. The rest of Rurea's case on Ximenez feels very stretched, though.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Rurea posted:

What feels stretched? The other posts I quoted are really hedgey, and while not necessarily a guaranteed scumtell, I think they are worth considering.

I think the hedgyness of the posts is not as bad as the hedgyness you can see in miltonslavemasta's posts, for example.

Also I'm not saying stretched = scummy or unreasonable. Your points have merit, just in my eyes my point has more merit and is far more scummy than catching someone based on their being hedgy thanks to a quiet d1.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Rurea posted:

You are right. Do you think I'm going too easy on Milton for being new?

I think Milton is town particularly because they said this:

MiltonSlavemasta posted:

Maybe Ernie, but I think their gimmick seems suspicious enough that if they were actually scum they wouldn't do it

Which, a hedgy scum wouldn't really say because

1) Scum play things safe instead of flying against momentum
2) It takes a stance on me that Milton wasn't willing to take up and until that point so it invalidates their game leading up to that point if they made that post as scum

I think you should follow your heart. If you think Milton is scummier go there. But Cardinal imo is the better target.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I didn't vote Ximenez because I'm aware of how much momentum was on them when I posted my opinion. I'm not very confident in them and voting them then would've likely sealed their plorp.

Cpig I appreciate your opinion of how zany my play used to be but I've toned it down. Its not me. Really. I was just being playful with you because I wanted to be.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

>:[

We both know you agree with my reads. You just think I'm being super townie to offset the scum claim. well I'm not.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Opopanax posted:

##vote ernie Going to go with my gut

which posts ping your gut?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Opopanax posted:

Your scumclaim

hmm

except i claim serial killer a lot and you always ignore them because you think they poo poo up the game

what's different here?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hmm

if you're a town vig you should claim now

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

That means magnus had some kind of result where he targeted himself?

Was that what my anonymous message meant?

There had to be some manner of busdriving/fuckery going on.

##vote ernie

what the gently caress is up with you, honestly

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

like i'm tempted to replace out of all my games and ask you if i've pissed you off on a personal level

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Rurea posted:

Ernie are you Haley Joel Osment

no

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

okay well i put cpig on my ignore list until all my active games end and then he and i will have a chat

if he says something critical someone should quote it

if no town vig claims then it's likely MCS is a serial killer. the ability where he deflects his own death seems too powerful to be given to town.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Rurea posted:

Who did you visit last night

i visited ninth last night

trippy, right?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Rurea posted:

so you ARE Haley Joel Osment

i'm either missing a reference or joke or something

that's not my flavor

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Opopanax posted:

Why did you visit TNL I suppose is the question.

it's a cool ability but i will die tonight if i full claim i think

Rurea posted:

That's why I SUBTLEY asked him if he could communicate with dead people

sorry i missed the reference

but i can't communicate with dead people

i can do something with their corpses though

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

MCS, what is the name of your ability?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

and i asked betrayer what his ability name was and he refused point blank

two people targeted ninth the night he did, one with a copy ability, one with a kill ability

##vote mcs

copy doesn't sound like reverse bodyguard to me

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Let's say MCS killed TNL. Who then killed asiina and magnus? Bc it wasn't MCS

i don't care, because mcs is being scummy

he didn't think i was scum when he avoided my question, asking me to claim before he did. yet he's already full-claimed his ability - why?

and again, he's already named his ability in-thread and it wasn't 'copy'\

I used Ninth as a body double last night, i.e, he'd take my place for the purposes of nightkills.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Ernie/rurea scum team

##vote Ernie

ugh

hnghgh

help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

You still haven't addressed the logical leap to "SK" instead of "scum" on a night where there's only one night-kill.

Also, if you had suspicions before, why didn't you lead with that instead of "Hmm hmm, town vigilante better claim, don't ask Betrayer to elaborate or explain".

Get hosed, scumbo.

lol

Also, seriously, you're asking Rurea for help.

This is second only in hopelessness to asking Stoic Commie for help, because that guy was the lurkiest lurker that ever lurked a lurk.

lol

Opopanax posted:

I am not at all sure who to believe

lol

• Locked thread