Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Dale Ouise posted:

Weise, what makes you think you can stomp around like some farm animal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Aye Doc posted:

oh my god it's a zack kassian pregame hype video

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
lol canucks

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
:siren: Patch scores 30

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

JawKnee posted:

lol canucks

When Torrey Mitchell is picking off Sedin passes, you know it's a doomed effort.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
:siren: luongo!

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

PATCHES!! :siren:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

matthias is gonna get us a 2nd + a 3rd at this rate

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Good job, Wiz.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Aye Doc posted:

matthias is gonna get us a 2nd + a 3rd at this rate

A useful youngish third-line winger who Corsis as well as he does (when he's not miscast as a center) is worth way more than that. No thanks.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
*rattles sabre*

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
who was the sabre that tripped over himself

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
man Chipchura is a dick, that was a definite run at Moore

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Verviticus posted:

who was the sabre that tripped over himself

pretty sure that was stewart

stop letting buffalo score pls

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Higgins legitimately looks like he has forgotten how to play hockey sometimes. Like just now a puck came at his skates in the corner and it took him like five seconds to corral it.

Edit: on the other hand, I love Kenins. :swoon:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hey, Nathan Horton is off the Elk and Elk Injury Report graphi...oh...

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

wow that's a loving bullshit penalty against St Louis

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

gently caress the leafs imo

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Franks Happy Place posted:

A useful youngish third-line winger who Corsis as well as he does (when he's not miscast as a center) is worth way more than that. No thanks.

matthias is not notably different from any of the other third liners who got dealt this week, none of whom got more than a 2nd+3rd

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

triple sulk posted:

gently caress the leafs imo

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

wait holy poo poo jagr to panthers and clarkson to bjs? wow i'm behind

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

This is 100% going to bite me in the rear end, but Montreal is looking like the better hockey playing team here.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Teuvo! :siren:

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Why was Teuvo sent down again... :siren:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ummagumma posted:

Why was Teuvo sent down again... :siren:

Because Carcillo must get ice time!

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

gently caress I hate that penalty

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

triple sulk posted:

wait holy poo poo jagr to panthers and clarkson to bjs? wow i'm behind

go cats

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Aye Doc posted:

matthias is not notably different from any of the other third liners who got dealt this week, none of whom got more than a 2nd+3rd

Yeah but those trades were dumb.

The odds of a second or third round pick turning into a better-than-replacement NHL caliber player are pretty low. Trading a bird in the hand for two in the bush is bad asset management unless you have a logjam at a given position. Since Matthias is playing like our best bottom-six forward right now, gently caress that noise.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
wherein the vancouver canucks manage three shots in a period against the buffalo sabres

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Lets go Hawks/Habs/Jets! :toot:

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Erixon and Rundblad?

Rozsival scratched???

What's going on with the Hawks..

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

well this is a forgettable period for teh Rangers

e: I have full confidence the Rangers can still get back in this game but they gotta step it up a notch on defense

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ummagumma posted:

Erixon and Rundblad?

Rozsival scratched???

Coach Q is mixing things up!

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Ummagumma posted:

Erixon and Rundblad?

Rozsival scratched???

Q decided to stop loving around.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Franks Happy Place posted:

Yeah but those trades were dumb.

The odds of a second or third round pick turning into a better-than-replacement NHL caliber player are pretty low. Trading a bird in the hand for two in the bush is bad asset management unless you have a logjam at a given position. Since Matthias is playing like our best bottom-six forward right now, gently caress that noise.

i think there's a good argument to be made for trading players at the peak of their deadline value regardless of the effect it has on your club down the stretch, as long as you commit to the strategy every year

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Come back soon, Hank :(

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Verviticus posted:

i think there's a good argument to be made for trading players at the peak of their deadline value regardless of the effect it has on your club down the stretch, as long as you commit to the strategy every year

I would agree with that statement in a vacuum, but:

a) the market is hell of soft right now;

b) trading him for picks is a risky, low-upside move, I'd be fine if it was for a defensive prospect or whatever, and;

c) our scouts are still hot boiled anus, why give them more bullets to shoot themselves with?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

LmaoTheKid posted:

Come back soon, Hank :(

Yeahhh Talbot not looking so hot this game, though the Rangers should probably not let it be a shooting gallery on him

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ummagumma posted:

Erixon and Rundblad?

Rozsival scratched???

Also Nordstrom is playing too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Like if Matthias is a key piece in getting a guy like Petry, then sure, but if it's just some midround crapshoot picks why bother? The chances of getting a guy as good as Matthias in the second round is like 30%.

Edit: What I am saying is, I am incredibly dubious of the value of picks as a return for useful roster players.

• Locked thread