Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
PWInsider.com contacted WWE regarding Rey Mysterio's status with the company as he was moved quietly to their Alumni section today.
WWE responded with the following statement:

"Rey Mysterio is no longer under contract with WWE."

So, Mysterio's long run with the company is officially over.

http://pwinsider.com/article/91914/official-wwe-statement-on-rey-mysterio.html?p=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Good for Rey, but I don't want to see him shamble around lucha underground. Just retire Rey Rey.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

AAA's scheduled a press conference for Tuesday? I wonder what this could be about :iiam:

I hope he shows up in LU like Alberto since I really don't have the time to follow AAA proper.

Miching Mallecho posted:

Good for Rey, but I don't want to see him shamble around lucha underground. Just retire Rey Rey.

Eh, if he's happier, working a lighter schedule, and not travelling nearly as much I think he might surprise people.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I like Mysterio and it's kind of a shame that his last memorable WWE moment is getting booed out of the building because he entered the Rumble at the wrong spot.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

good. they didn't deserve rey.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
RIP Rey you once won a Rumble because WWE wanted cheap face heat off Eddie's death

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

RIP Rey you once wrestled for ownership of a child.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just want to agree with the correct opinions that Rey Mysterio was absolutely amazing and legit one of the best wrestlers ever and it sucks he was never given a well booked quality title run in WWE.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
He was still around?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Benne posted:

I like Mysterio and it's kind of a shame that his last memorable WWE moment is getting booed out of the building because he entered the Rumble at the wrong spot.

Daniel Bryan made Rey lose all love of wrestling until he quietly retired.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Just want to agree with the correct opinions that Rey Mysterio was absolutely amazing and legit one of the best wrestlers ever and it sucks he was never given a well booked quality title run in WWE.

The greatest highflyer of all time, IMO.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
So how much longer until they induct him into the hall of fame?

They're starting to run out of names.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Frankly this is bull poo poo. Ray is still legally owned by the Latino World Order and this isn't for either him or the WWE to decide.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rey mysterio is one of the best wrestlers of all time and wwe not only never knew what to do with him they often did the exact opposite

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Rey's WWE career was tremendous both for his great matches and how much certain bad posters hated him.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I loved Rey until his knees did him in.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
I was there when Rey won big gold. RIP in peace, buddy.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Apparently his last match was at last year's Raw After Wrestlemania, where he lost to Wade Barrett. Also this kind of shocked me but apparently his last PPV singles match was losing to Intercontinental champion The Miz at Summerslam 2012 :stare: (there were mostly tags from there, along with a multi-man match and battle royals)

He was very good, but I hope he stops wrestling because I don't want him to explode. It's amazing to me that Sin Cara vs. Rey Mysterio never worked out.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Where's the Hall of Fame article, Dave?

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
I've got no dispute about Rey being an all time great, but the 619 has always struck me as bad finisher.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rey Mysterio was my first favorite wrestler and was who got me into wrestling in the first place. It's a shame WWE is a piss company full of poo poo idiots. Hopefully he'll wrestle Ricochet at some point in the future.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
RIP Rey & your exploding left knee.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

oatgan posted:

rey mysterio is one of the best wrestlers of all time and wwe not only never knew what to do with him they often did the exact opposite

Nothing changes :smith:

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i like rey and it sucks that his career in wwe has ended so unceremoniously but he wanted out for a long time so i'm glad he finally got it

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's a drat shame Rey's last title run lasted a night because WWE has no idea how to slow burn. If that taught the WWE anything it's that people won't forget who CM Punk is god you're so loving stupid just wait like 6 months.

I loved the Luchadores when I was a kid more than almost anything (Other than DDP and Raven of course) and it's always such a shame that promoters think all kinds of illogical poo poo about the division, like they'll never be able to be seen as main eventers (while they make no attempt to create new ones anyway) or it ruins diversity (Where for the longest time the entire Divas division has the same gimmick and would change heel/face alignment every week). They don't need to do anything but warm a crowd up and put on good matches. You've got 3 hours just use it and let them go a million miles an hour.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Feb 27, 2015

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Otto von Ruthless posted:

I've got no dispute about Rey being an all time great, but the 619 has always struck me as bad finisher.

I have nothing against Rey, but my favorite thing about him is always going to be a match he had with Kane where it was demonstrated that Kane knows at least 5 distinct counters to the 619.

Let me make that as clear as I can: Rey went to the 619 well 5 separate times in a match with Kane and failed every single time.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

We never did find out just why Mike Knox was so drawn to attack him.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I want to believe this means I will never have to watch another Kane vs Rey Mysterio match.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Still do this day one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

Also when Nash lawn darts rey into the production truck.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

god i never noticed that he landed right on his face, that sucks

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Harsh to just drop him like a sack of poo poo Biggy.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

NienNunb posted:

Rey Mysterio was my first favorite wrestler and was who got me into wrestling in the first place. It's a shame WWE is a piss company full of poo poo idiots. Hopefully he'll wrestle Ricochet at some point in the future.
He should probably retire at this point, be an on air personality, but I don't really want to see him wrestle

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!
I stopped watching wrestling quite a while ago, but drat if Rey Mysterio wasn't one of the people who got me into it way back in WCW doing crazy acrobatic poo poo that was just surreal, and I ended up being a hardcore fan for 10 years. Definitely one of the all time greats. I wouldn't blame him for taking one good last run with a lighter schedule in a high profile spot in AAA, but please take it easy on yourself Rey.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Byebye, Reyrey! Thanks for the mem'ries.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Man, he really shouldn't have let his son leak such sensitive information.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Byebye, Reyrey! Thanks for the mem'ries.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fatality.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Jerusalem posted:

We have Bryan for this now, so Rey really didn't have a reason to stick around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I used to be a luchador like you, but then I took three arrows to the knee.

• Locked thread