Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
What should've been:

Weidman vs Belfort
Mir vs Silva
Magny vs Koscheck
Jacare vs Yoel Romero

What is:

Predictions:

Rousey will win in a few minutes
Tibau will make the Ferguson fight boring
Everything else will be awful

Snack:

Garbage Plate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
yeah looks about right

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Personally, I love watching Ronda maul people and Cat should at least last longer than Davis. Paying full price would be stupid, but I'll happily pay my $5 cover to watch it at a bar.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
"kid" yamamoto is nearly 38 years old. additionally he's on a 3 fight losing streak and hasn't fought in 3 years.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

"kid" yamamoto is nearly 38 years old. additionally he's on a 3 fight losing streak and hasn't fought in 3 years.

They called him Kid Gorgeous! Then it was Kid Presentable. Then Kid Gruesome. And finally Kid Yamamoto.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Remember when he was linked to a fight with another mid-30s kid, Urijah Faber

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

dsriggs posted:

They called him Kid Gorgeous! Then it was Kid Presentable. Then Kid Gruesome. And finally Kid Yamamoto.

lol

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto -230
Roman "El Gallito" Salazar +180

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
new thread title owns

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
welcome to the ufc 184 general sales tax thread, please let your peers know what the level of sales tax is in your area. blanket rate of 17.5% here folks.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Awesome thread title

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

excited about the main and the co-main. everything else is meh

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Possible preview of the main event.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

dsriggs posted:

hahaha

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Weigh ins are scheduled for 7pm EST.

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*
I'm still into Kid fighting. In all of Kid's UFC losses he showed flashes of brilliance and so he might have a nice comeback win similar to Akiyama. If he's still as fast as he was 3 years ago then he's no easy fight at all. His distance covering was something special.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Why is Ruan Potts still here

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
hr keeps delivering the pink slip to ryan potts, presumably

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Gleison Tibau has had good fights before. I don't think you should give up on Gleison/Ferguson yet. """sleeper""" candidate for Fight of the Night award.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bubba Smith posted:

Gleison Tibau has had good fights before. I don't think you should give up on Gleison/Ferguson yet. """sleeper""" candidate for Fight of the Night award.

Michael Johnson has 3 finishes in 8 wins, and he knocked Tibau out.

Tony Ferguson has 5 finishes in 7.

:eng101: Ferguson will finish Tibau.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
:siren:

Weigh-ins are live.

http://www.ufc.tv/video/ufc-184-weigh-in

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Did I mishear or is that a 10lb difference?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Those certainly are some tats on Kid.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Kid rockin the BJ Penn stance in his weigh in staredown

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh dear, Munoz coming in with an anticipated towel.

welp, 2 pounds over

okay, one and a quarter, I guess

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Mark came out knowing he was gonna have to get nekkid to even attempt to make weight, this bodes well

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Is it just me or does Tibau not look as unnaturally large as usual

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Oh dear, Munoz coming in with an anticipated towel.

welp, 2 pounds over

okay, one and a quarter, I guess

Look, lumpia and adobo are really loving good, okay?

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

fatherdog posted:

Is it just me or does Tibau not look as unnaturally large as usual

I coulda sworn I read somewhere before his last fight that he's shed a little muscle to make the cut easier, but I can't seem to find the article now.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Lorenzo definitely just peeped Cat's rear end, wonder if he's gonna tweet at her at 2 a.m.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Wise Learned Man posted:

I coulda sworn I read somewhere before his last fight that he's shed a little muscle to make the cut easier, but I can't seem to find the article now.

Out of Competition testing is amazing.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Yeah. Gleison could have shrunk because he is getting older and cutting does become harder on the body so dropping some muscle would make sense... but he also has always talked about how easy the cut was to do and with enhanced drug testing looming it's a bit of a coincidence.

UFC in late 2015/2016 is going to be cool.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

Out of Competition testing is amazing.

He wasn't subject to out of competition testing for that fight. I doubt for this fight either.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

MassRafTer posted:

He wasn't subject to out of competition testing for that fight. I doubt for this fight either.

He's moving up on the cards though and if he fucks around and wins this fight he will be in a fight that'll be the target for OOC testing. Guaranteed. If that's the case then I applaud Gleison + camp for doing the responsible thing and getting a head start on getting off drugs, but since that's a hosed up thing to say until he's proven guilty I'll just assume he's getting old and he's had a lot of trips of cutting 30+ pounds so it might be the end of the Joe Rogan's Favorite Weight Cutting Example era.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Tibau has had 7 split decisions in his UFC run which is indicative of how uninteresting his fights are no one knows who won them

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
I'll be surprised if ferguson doesn't wreck tibau, ferguson is very good and tibau is a punching bag by the halfway mark.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

TastyAvocado posted:

I'll be surprised if ferguson doesn't wreck tibau, ferguson is very good and tibau is a punching bag by the halfway mark.

i am the only person that was impressed by tibau's last performance and the 'one round of gas' tibau is simply no longer true. tibau has gotten better in literally every facet. i think people aren't seeing it because it's a loving insane thought that he waited till now to get good

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Marching Powder posted:

i am the only person that was impressed by tibau's last performance and the 'one round of gas' tibau is simply no longer true. tibau has gotten better in literally every facet. i think people aren't seeing it because it's a loving insane thought that he waited till now to get good

Yeah and he was fighting "Stormin'" Norman Parke who absolutely excels at

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Tibau has become a better fighter for sure, too bad he's no less boring. I still can't remember a single moment from any of his fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
¿Did Muπoz end up making weight?

• Locked thread