Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Are Rousey and Holm big enough draws for this card to sell anywhere near decently? Everything else is just completely :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Bardeh posted:

Are Rousey and Holm big enough draws for this card to sell anywhere near decently? Everything else is just completely :geno:

Ronda was everywhere for a while but I'm not sure she's still in the public zeitgeist like she was before. I've never heard anyone outside of the internet mention women's boxing either. Hopefully I'm completely wrong. I think Pennington is going to be her anyways.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
The only reason anyone even knows who Holm is due to her being talked about as a challenger. Whatever the number ends up being it's all Ronda.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

doverhog posted:

The only reason anyone even knows who Holm is due to her being talked about as a challenger. Whatever the number ends up being it's all Ronda.

actually i knew her from her fights in Legacy FC on axs.tv + she's a qt

also this card is going to sell awfully, lol the gently caress were they thinking make holm/pennington the co-main

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
"Anyone" being someone who buys PPVs and probably does not follow combat silo.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Yuriy posted:

also this card is going to sell awfully, lol the gently caress were they thinking make holm/pennington the co-main

That's literally the 2nd best fight on the card. I think if Ferguson was fighting anyone other than Tibau it would've been pushed up.

Ellenberger - 3 losses in a row
Koscheck - 3 losses in a row
Jouban - 1-1 UFC, coming off a loss
Walsh - 1-1 UFC, coming off a loss
Munoz - 2 losses in a row
Carneiro hasn't fought in the UFC since 2008
Yamamoto - 3 losses in a row
Potts - 2 losses in a row
Lewis - KOed by Mitrione

What a shitshow.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Yuriy posted:

It's probably the most important fight they've got left outside of the main event, they tried to keep Vitor on but he turned down interim title fights against Machida, Yoel Romero, and Mousasi.

Munoz did make 186 too so he was cleared.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
This card is going to do fine. Ronda is a bigger draw than most of the champs, with only Jones, Weidman and the welterweights doing better numbers than her last outing headlining. Cain is probably at least an equal draw but he doesn't exist so w/e.

On the one hand this card is exceptionally weak but on the other Zingano is Ronda's first opponent aside from Tate with a decent name. It is very much a one match show but it should do at least 300k though I'd imagine it does around 400.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Lloyd Boner posted:

On the one hand this card is exceptionally weak but on the other Zingano is Ronda's first opponent aside from Tate with a decent name. It is very much a one match show but it should do at least 300k though I'd imagine it does around 400.

I think this is the weakest card she'll have headlined by herself, but UFC 170 reportedly did almost 350k and that was also very bad and had terrible lead in fights from FS1. I pretty much agree that 300 is the absolutely worst it could do and 400k looks doable if the lead ins go well.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Bardeh posted:

I was on the fence for buying this card but my wife found out Rousey is fighting and said I had to buy it so she could see the "one who was mean to the one with the big boobs" lose. So uh there's one extra buy? A soon to be disappointed extra buy though.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Lloyd Boner posted:

This card is going to do fine. Ronda is a bigger draw than most of the champs, with only Jones, Weidman and the welterweights doing better numbers than her last outing headlining. Cain is probably at least an equal draw but he doesn't exist so w/e.

Anecdotal evidence, but more people I know who are casual fans want to watch this card because of Ronda than do for most fights. It's actually gonna be more people here than Silva's return.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
FWIW, the Ronda searches were very high pre-weigh-ins, so even with the weak undercard, it may end up doing above average.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
What a horrendous card

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Dangersim posted:

What a horrendous card

Dangersim posted:

All of you are terrible

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Yuriy posted:

Once Weidman/Vitor was scrubbed and Jacare claimed illness due to cycling the UFC stripped the card of any fight that was remotely sellable to shore up other cards (Magny was made a comain on the Bendo/Thatch card, Bigfoot/Mir got moved to Brazil, etc.) It didn't help that Vitor refused to fight any other middleweight with a pulse either.

At least the UFc is trying to make some lemon aid by pushing it as a big night in the progress of women's mma. The reality is that practically all the buys or attention are rightly going to be a result of Ronda fighting.

Still Ronda is one of the biggest draws in MMA as a fighter and has widespread mainstream interest. This card will likely do better then any card Mighty Mouse, Dillashaw, or Aldo have headlined.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkCR10P8D8M

New embedded up featuring Koscheck dancing the salsa.

Also this reminded me that Ellenberger looked really rough at the weigh in. He made weight but his face was super drawn and he seemed like he was moving as little as possible.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
Get your picks in!

MassRafTer posted:

UFC 184: Weidman vs Belfort
Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Cat Zingano
Raquel Pennington vs. Holly Holm
Jake Ellenberger vs. Josh Koscheck
Alan Jouban vs. Richard Walsh
Tony Ferguson vs. Gleison Tibau

FORM
RESPONSES

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Ariza posted:

That's literally the 2nd best fight on the card. I think if Ferguson was fighting anyone other than Tibau it would've been pushed up.

Ellenberger - 3 losses in a row
Koscheck - 3 losses in a row
Jouban - 1-1 UFC, coming off a loss
Walsh - 1-1 UFC, coming off a loss
Munoz - 2 losses in a row
Carneiro hasn't fought in the UFC since 2008
Yamamoto - 3 losses in a row
Potts - 2 losses in a row
Lewis - KOed by Mitrione

What a shitshow.

Wow.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I am going to put in a vote for the underdog and say that Cat will beat Rousey, in a probably long and drawn out match.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Ariza posted:

Ronda was everywhere for a while but I'm not sure she's still in the public zeitgeist like she was before. I've never heard anyone outside of the internet mention women's boxing either. Hopefully I'm completely wrong. I think Pennington is going to be her anyways.

I can only name like four UFC people off hand and one of them is Rousey :shrug:

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

First fight: MMA striking everyone

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Fentry posted:

First fight: MMA striking everyone

You gotta hit him first - UFC 184 corner advice

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Torres is totally exhausted. I wonder if he would've been able to finish if he'd gone for a takedown in the first when Fullen was hurt.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Meowbot posted:

You gotta hit him first - UFC 184 corner advice

"Don't get hit and also hit him"

*cashes coaching check*

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
This has been a fun fight. Glad I gathered up the energy to remember my ufctv password.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

I am going to put in a vote for the underdog and say that Cat will beat Rousey, in a probably long and drawn out match.

You should bet on Cat if you think there is a better than like 1 in 6 chance of that actually happening

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Cat really could do it if it went beyond the first round or so but she always takes so much damage in the early rounds, and she's never taken anything at all like the damage RR can dish.

harley
Sep 2, 2004
Cat wins, Dana weeps and Ronda disappears from public life (for a couple weeks)

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

harley posted:

Cat wins, Dana weeps and Ronda disappears from public life (for a couple weeks)

Dana wouldn't be weeping, he'd be promoting Cat/Ronda II with dollar signs in his eyes

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

There's some massive echo in the staples right now.And a cool takedown that goes nowhere.

Glacial pace all around.

hump day bitches! fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 1, 2015

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Al-Saqr posted:

:toxx:
Down for a week probation if Ronda wins? I'll take that bet with you.

e: I'll take a month probation to your week probation because of odds. Only if you accept.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This is a very poor boxing match

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

This is some lovely striking.Crauss is throwing some terrible shots and eating every jab.Lazarov is connecting some good stuff countering every leg.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

This is a very poor boxing match

Yeah because of all the kicks and takedown attempts.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Yeah because of all the kicks and takedown attempts.

The majority of R2 has been bad slap boxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rfMajEy8lc

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

The majority of R2 has been bad slap boxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rfMajEy8lc

You must not be watching because Krauss has gone for like 3 or 4 takedowns and thrown a bunch of kicks. God forbid the second fight on the card isn't against two world beaters.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Tezcatlipoca posted:

You must not be watching because Krauss has gone for like 3 or 4 takedowns and thrown a bunch of kicks.

He is throwing his kicks without setup and is going to cost him.His takedowns are cool.He would benefit of not standing in front of Lazaro.

BrianPhillips
May 10, 2006
RIP Bud Light center. All hail the Monster M.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

They love a little bit of ball-cooling action in Nova União

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BUTT MAN
Mar 28, 2010

no homo?

BrianPhillips posted:

RIP Bud Light center. All hail the Monster M.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bntfUA6TmLs

• Locked thread