Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

It's a wild Werdum face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I just finished playing the Saints Row 4 mission with Roddy Piper reliving his They Live character in it today and it made that line even more miserable to me than it already was.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Niiiiice. Ferguson is scrappy as poo poo.

Is the Monster logo new? Have they used that at other events? I'm used to the middle of the cage being the big bud light thingy.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Yeah. I mean it was a 'quick' stoppage in that Big John was quick in their to keep him from getting murdered. Walsh was definitely out on his feet (and out on the ground for a half second)

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Al-Saqr posted:

Sorry this is the first time I ever watch the UFC live so I'm kinda used to the stereotype of the boxing 10 count, It's interesting to see how mma treats KOs.

Honestly, it really varies depending on refs and their capacity for bloodlust. Certainly that was a quick stoppage compared to some you'll see, but it was definitely a justified one. Anecdotally people claim that MMA induces less brain damage because people get knocked out and it's over rather than having them get up again and get the poo poo kicked out of them, but it's too young a sport for any long term effects to have been effectively studied.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
What happened to Koscheck's hair? It's even more stupid than it used to be.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Gnarly loving choke. Kos's orbital might be broken again too.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

theacox posted:

Not possible.

It used to just be a blonde bleached 'fro. Now the bleach seems old and sad and he's got the side shaved Vitor-esque.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I dunno what this celtic poo poo is but I can get behind it.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Pretty sure she's hitting perfectly hard by WMMA standards, Joe.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Holm should throw some body kicks, she's thrown so many high kicks that's it's about time to mix it up a bit. The liver is nice and open too from the orthadox-southpaw matchup.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Rourke's been looking like his face was melting for the last 8 years though. This is something else, now it looks like he's starving too.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I think Rousey could break 20 arms in the time it takes me to drink a coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Holm has good boxing and great footwork by WMMA standards but I was surprised she wasn't mixing up her kicks more. It was like playing the UFC video game and spamming the headkick button. It's not like she's that quick with it either. If she switched to body kicks in the third round she probably could have got a few good ones in before Raquel adjusted.

• Locked thread