Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Bardeh posted:

Are Rousey and Holm big enough draws for this card to sell anywhere near decently? Everything else is just completely :geno:

I was on the fence for buying this card but my wife found out Rousey is fighting and said I had to buy it so she could see the "one who was mean to the one with the big boobs" lose. So uh there's one extra buy? A soon to be disappointed extra buy though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
This has been a fun fight. Glad I gathered up the energy to remember my ufctv password.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

It would appear I'm going to watch the main card after all.

Jesus gently caress that's a lot for $5. It isn't worth $5, but it's a a lot for $5.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
drat Ferguson looked good in that one.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
That was a great elbow by the model.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Al-Saqr posted:

I don't get it, how was that a knockout?! He was still standing and he seemed not totally knocked out.

I don't know if you're kidding or not, but if a fighter isn't intelligently defending himself then the ref stops the fight, whether he's on the ground on on his feet.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Bubba Smith posted:

it's safer than boxing. But since you might be wondering, just because a fighter earns a knockdown in MMA does not award them an automatic 10-8 round. Knockdowns are a frequent occurrence in matches, but if you score a couple you probably will get a 10-8 round.

Not really though. Judges hardly ever give 10-8s and they're more common when someone dominates on the ground for an entire round than when they're stand-up heavy, even if one fighter controls the standup.

They're petrified of creating a draw since there are only 3 rounds.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Rousey would just loving kill Holmes.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
29-28 Holm but whoever fights her next is going to know not to be afraid of her striking and destroy her.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Haha one judge gave it to Rocky.

Holm go fight on Fight Night undercards for a couple years.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
30-27 was worse than the one that gave it to Pennington.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I kind of felt hope for Kat before Rousey actually walked out. :(

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Go ahead and let Rousey execute Holm, give Zingano somebody easy to beat, and give them a rematch so I can actually see a Cat/Rousey fight and not that bullshit.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Got any better matchups?

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

theacox posted:

Cyborg is it. Unless she's going to go back fight Tyson, there's nothing else.

If Cyborg makes weight then yeah, that'd be the one that's left. Besides her though Cat is still Rousey's best match up, and she just beat her in 14 seconds.

gently caress.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Al-Saqr posted:

Oh so all this hype and buildup was for less than 10 seconds? well this certainly was a tremendous waste of time and I really regret it. whatever interest I had in watching UFC started and ended in one evening.

Yeah if you can't enjoy what happened tonight then UFC probably isn't for you.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Ninja PD posted:

Crazy if you don't think RR vs Holm wouldn't rule.

It'd be a public execution. Tell me anything you saw from Holm that you think makes her a top 10 WBW fighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
By split decision over Raquel Pennington, where she was figured out and lost the 3rd.

• Locked thread