Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Huntersoninski posted:

I'm kind of curious to know the age ranges of the people whose brains do and don't take the image at face value. It may make no difference at all, but I kind of wonder if people who grew up familiar with, say, polaroids, whose brains are accustomed to, or at the very least somewhat experienced with, compensating for lovely exposure or faded photos, might be the ones seeing the white/gold initially, and those who are used to most photos they take being generally correct are the ones who take it at face value as blue/black.

At face value it's blue/gold, I have no idea how people are managing to get "black." I mean, I can tell it's a phenomenally lovely and overexposed photo and intellectually I can understand how it started out as black, but it's definitely not black at all in the finished picture (as opposed to the rest of the dress, which is definitely still blue and just gets reinterpreted as white.)

Like, observe these two very obviously black rectangles: and this Two of a kind, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Ruzihm posted:

:laffo: at the nerds arguing about pixel colors.

If you don't understand the controversy was over the actual, in-reality, color of the dress, and why it's so difficult for most people to "switch" you need to get educated:

The funny thing is that the actual white and gold fabric depicted here does a better job of looking like blue and black (when in shadow) than the dress does.

• Locked thread