Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

People who breathe loudly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

FELD1 posted:

Like, I get that I"m not that exciting or dynamic of a person,

Hey don't put yourself down like that

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Cats will get underfoot and trip you just as you approach a staircase.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Magic Hate Ball posted:

it's me i'm the person who gladly sniffs any book that's remotely yellowed or crispy

Same but instead of books its asses

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Indolent Bastard posted:

So how do I say “I bow to godly/good qualities within you"? What's the approved white guy equivalent?

Namaste

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Nettles Coterie posted:

^^^ That is EXACTLY what is going on at my workplace right now. It's making me crazy. We also keep having an issue where employees will bring up and issue to the supervisors, who bring it up to their managers, who bring it up to the top-level managers... who then say "well that can't be a real problem because we haven't had any employees complaining to us about it so we're not going to do anything about it." Even though they explicitly hate it when employees talk straight to top-level management without running through the proper chain of command.

Related peeve: my team manager is absolute poo poo. She has a habit of nodding and agreeing to things I tell her (like "Sam called to tell you something urgent and is on line 3" or "There's $600 in this drawer that you need to pick up ASAP") and then immediately loving forgetting, and denying all knowledge of it later. This has led to me getting written up more than once, because she absolutely will not admit that the fault might be with her. I should get a loving tape recorder for our conversations.

Email?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

America has earned the right to be obnoxious in other countries

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Taxing weed would single handedly save the US economy, and, by extension, the economy of the world.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Where do you live?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

ghost emoji posted:

So I have a short walk to and from my bus stop (maybe 1/2-2/3 of a mile from my apartment) and there's been a marked increase in random strangers pulling up and asking me if I need a ride. (One dude didn't even ask, he just honked his horn until I looked at him, and then he asked.)

First of all, don't ask random women if they want a ride in your car. Second of all, if they decline, don't get defensive and don't keep asking!

It's a short walk and I don't want to risk getting kidnapped or murdered. Just let me be. And if your chivalrous nature forces you to ask, don't be mad if I say no.

This makes me think of the Tales from the Crypt episode where a man who picks up hitchhikers and kills them picks up a hitchhiker who kills the people who pick him up.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Eat their food. To the victor go the spoils

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

During lunch I quietly read my Bible but am always amicable whenever someone wishes to have a pleasant chat.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Despite apparent record breaking early voting in my city, I didn't have to wait at all to go in and vote straight Republican ticket,

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

areyoucontagious posted:

Pet peeve: Republicans. t:mad:t

Please use the terms Rethuglicans or Republicants.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

Why are people buying 32 or 40 oz yeti tumblers? Do you really need to keep a day's worth of soda on your desk at all times? I also see people getting 32oz thermos and filling it with coffee. That's a lot of loving coffee for one day man.

It's getting a medium at Starbucks and then a refill as you leave.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Shes probably desperately lonely and reaching for any human contact to keep her crushing depression at bay but sorry she inconveniences you

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

People who say or type "grats" instead on congratulations or even the already shortened form of it, congrats.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Hold the box over your crotchtal area and when they remove the lid your penis is exposed. This is like that sketch from SNL

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

When I look forward to a slice of pecan pie and when I check there is no pecan pie so I can't have any pecan pie.

That really gets me.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

WampaLord posted:

More like oldpieless.

:(

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

BioEnchanted posted:

I think we can all agree on the best youtube instructional video:

https://youtu.be/-oB6DN5dYWo

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Rabbit Hill posted:

Last night, I learned about this neat website -- http://radio.garden -- that lets you tune into random radio stations all over the globe. How cool is this?! Every local culture in the world, right at your fingertips! I thought. I wonder what they're listening to in this tiny dot in the middle of nowhere in Siberia ... or this tiny dot on some island in the South Pacific... or this tiny dot in the Andes Mountains...

Turns out, there's like a 90% chance it will either be lovely American country music or lovely techno music. Depressing as gently caress.

stupid world liking their stupid music I don't like

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Realtor: I found this 2 bedroom perfect for a young family. Good school and a public park down the street. What do you say?

Goon: eh what I'm REALLY looking for is something in the middle of gangbanger territory. That's where I'll feel safest.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Anything that "wins all the (blanks)"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

bean_shadow posted:

I don't like avocados either. Not too long ago it was National Avocado Day. Someone on my Friend's List went crazy with avocado pictures. Dude even got an avocado Christmas ornament. They're not that great.

Well, not for eating

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Your friends sound fun

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

What about the handshake that has to be done afterward?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

fizzymercy posted:

. nah loving hell I was being a dick.

Those are always the best posts though

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Cowslips Warren posted:

Creepy guys who whine, in public, how they can't get laid. Loudly. And not drunk.

Sober creepy incel guys, is there a word for that other than Nice Guy?

Went out to eat with a high school friend last night, dinner and a walk around the outlet mall/city center (since it's finally cool enough to do so, who the gently caress made an outdoor mall in loving Phoenix!) while I played Pokemon Go and he ranted about being incel without using the actual word.

Now if we were alone, fine, bitch about how you can't get laid. But this was loving public, near the ice skate rink, with lots of teenagers and kids around. Every couple we'd pass, friend would make some underhanded comment about how it's so unfair a guy that ugly has a hot chick and you KNOW HE'S loving HER IN THE rear end. All the college girls do it in the rear end! He needs to get laid!

Really? Dude, if you would (a) loving cut your loving hair, it's down to your rear end and it's all split ends! and (b) maybe stop looking like a serial killer with the hair and the weird beard and (c) stop being so loving desperate to get laid, you'd get loving laid!

Bonus points for me having fun despite him whining. Even with the drunk guys cheering about Pokemon poo poo, while my friend waited and grumbled about how they're drunk douches who probably get to gently caress their girls in the rear end all the time.

Weird, I got hit on by various people who were either drunk/flirty or just having fun, but probably because I wasn't glaring at the crowds and looking like I might blow the place up. A six foot something guy scowling at people and clearly staring at 20-something girls and muttering about not getting any sex and loving them in the rear end isn't going to get many takers!
Btw thanks for hanging out with me last night

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Just piss directly into your own mouth like I do

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Sorry wrong thread

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

You could just drink water when you're thirsty and not carry around a huge water bottle in a baby sling and chug it every 5 minutes.

Just piss directly into your own mouth like I do

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Dumb names for the President. I rolled my eyes when people say Nobama and Obongo and I roll my eyes at Dump and the other names.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Leavemywife posted:

There's a time and place for everything.

Please don't leave my wife

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Cowslips Warren posted:

I work in delivery and logistics. No one gives a poo poo what time we get off work as long as they get their boxes. And yes, it would be nice if I didn't need a use vacation time to take the cat to the vet!

I work at FedEx and I always have time to do my stuff during normal business hours. :smug:

Of course I have to get up at 1:30 AM to go to work.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I remember this ventriloquist whose act was all vulgarity like the puppet saying he met a girl puppet and now he had splinters in his dick from loving her in the rear end. I also remember the guy didn't try to actually talk without moving his lips. He just spoke normally and hid his mouth behind the mic.

Anyway I think both he and his puppet are dead now.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

People who keep reading their books when I feel like talking.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

On people being late, my wife's family is habitually late. Habitually. I always like to get somewhere 15-20 minutes early and while their lateness drive me crazy at first I soon just accepted it because they weren't gonna change and being annoyed only made me in a bad mood. However one instance I refused to just accept that no matter what they were gonna be late was at the movies. Our theater didn't have assigned seating until last year so it was first come first serve. Now there could be anywhere from 8-15 people in the family going to a movie starring at 7. My wife and Insould get there about 6:30 and then it was always up to us to try to save a whole row of seats until 6:58 putting our jacket on seats or telling people trying to sit down at the other end of the aisle that the seats were taken. I did this 3 times and then told my wife I wasn't going to do it anymore and if the family couldn't sit together then that was too bad. And I'm pretty sure we never sat together until they started letting you choose Sears online at time of purchase.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Please don't make fun of my good friends the supertasters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I have a coworker who refers to his monthly bills as "billies".

I'm broke man I paid all my billies last night.