Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Arrath posted:

And the vast majority of shower heads are mounted at like 5 and a half feet high. Perfect height for washing my shoulders. :argh: I'm probably gonna slip and brain myself trying to do the limbo to wash my hair one of these days.

Turn around and lean forward, silly. It doesn't feel great but it's better than a hotel faucet embedding itself into your lower spine when you inevitably slip backwards cause you finally find that tiny loving bar of soap you lost with your left foot and you pull the shower curtain down on top of you when you go down and now you're covered in pain and cold, slippery stranger's grime.

A Motel 6 gave me PTSD.

Bartender Peeve: Stop asking to split the tab AFTER you're done drinking. I want to murder you for it, and that's just not nice.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 15:46 on Mar 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Prezzie and "we're pregnant!" shouted by both the mother and the father make me squirm like a kid in church. poo poo's so awkward.

Work keeps expecting me to show up half an hour ahead of my scheduled time to "properly prep" my area. gently caress you, I'm not hourly and you don't pay me enough for that bullshit. Maybe other cooks will understand more, but gently caress, we pay a guy for that. Assholes.

Also my mom calls all of her animals "baby" and it's rubbing off on mine. NOT. COOL. :colbert:

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
What? I always loved the robots that threw the cash on the counter. No physical human contact that way. The worst are the cuphanders that grab the back of your hand to steady it as they dump sticky change on you.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
People who wash and reuse disposable plastic utensils.. My dad will put that poo poo through the dishwasher and reuse them like normal damned utensils for YEARS. Why? The regular metal spoons and knives are right there! What are you doing old man? Is that even safe? It seems like there would be some cancerous reason not to do that.

edit: And for the record, he's not doing it to be conservative or green cause he buys more plastic utensils all the time. :psyduck:

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 13:20 on Jun 4, 2016

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
People overthink food to an alarming degree.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Aggressive assholes that want me to know exactly what I want when I'm not even thinking about dinner. If I say I don't care, I do. Not. Care. Stop listing restaurants at me, it's not helpful. gently caress off and eat alone if you can't wait for me to figure out what I want.

And gently caress you forever if you go out to a place knowing you'll hate it, just to placate someone. You'll be a snarky rear end all night and ruin things. Just stay at home if compromise is too difficult.

Edit for related peeve: Listing everything we have in the house/every restaurant/every movie out right now while I'm trying to get my mind together to make a decision? gently caress that, don't do that. Now I have options I didn't think about before and you just shot yourself in the foot.

Being patient is just a lost art.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 20:34 on Jun 30, 2016

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Because I don't think about food 24/7 and I generally have to think for a bit about what I want if I'm asked. Like two minutes would be plenty of time, but no just stand there and wait for it. Impatiently. And you know what? I might just not goddamn have an opinion and would be totally fine with anything. Everyone assumes this is a lie to placate them. It's not. CHOOSE FOR YOURSELF.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
When I say choose for yourself, I mean go eat without me I'm clearly not in the mood to play the food game. Maybe I'm just more okay eating alone or just not giving a poo poo about what I eat so long as it's food? Dunno but I'm not being passive aggressive. I. don't. care.

People doing what your mom does (my mom does this) get to me enough that I understand why people don't trust it, I'll admit that.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I see your point, I really never thought about how much other people pull the passive aggressive eating poo poo. I just thought it wasn't as widespread as it seems to be.

People care far too much about food, and doubly so what other people eat.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I agree with Tiggum. Soda comes out of the fountain cold enough as is. Even water is fine at tap temperature. Ice just takes up room, ruins my drink when it melts and hurts my teeth. Weirdly I can't drink tea without ice though.

My peeve is the bullshit I get for asking for no ice. I'm in Texas, I understand it's a weird order, but Jesus gently caress you'd think I killed a dog every time I ask for no ice.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 21:51 on Jul 3, 2016

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Cucumber honey bread sounds super weird, and now I want to make it.

Whining: Soundcloud has started putting ads in more frequently, plus they're always about a thousand times louder than the ambient trance mix I was listening to. Stupid free service, stop being irritating.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
You're right, a jet cold glass of water when you're thirsty is literally the most amazing thing in the world. People who hate water are broken.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I once added Mio cherry blackberry flavor to bong water to see what it would taste like. Why? hosed if I know but it sounded like a fine experiment at the time. It actually made the bong water taste pretty okay and that creeped me out more than if it had tasted horrible. Can't drink any of those squirty water flavors. They all taste like sorta-okay kool-aide with a swish of bong juice.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Sociopastry posted:

why were you sippin bong juice my dude
Cause I was religiously high and it sounded like a perfectly reasonable idea at the time. Lots of stupid poo poo is amazing if you do enough drugs.

Also what cash crab posted.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I dunno, loosen up man. Sip the bong water once in a while, see what happens.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
No, it tastes like wrong cherries in burned green tea. With an after flavor of open sewer.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
My mom does that and heavenly poo poo that's the worst thing I can think of a person doing. If I didn't answer the text or call, I am busy. Or don't want to give a poo poo about you at the moment. My mom even makes a huge deal about it like *I* am inconveniencing *her*. The gently caress?

Also mother related: No you can't have my work number and/or the number of my best friends. Why do you need them? No it is super not normal to ask for those numbers, I am 33 years old. I promise I won't have such a tragic accident that the ems or whatever can't find my emergency contact information.

Moms are weird, yo.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
My Grandmother texts me, but it's always either "watermelon that band super recipe your dingo" cause she's unsure of how lockscreens or pockets work, or it's a fifteen page screed about Obama.

I wouldn't prefer the dead Grandmother, but she's pushing it.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

Do people still listen to Tool after high school

According to every guy I've dated, yes. "But Puscifer is Maynard's REAL poo poo. Have you even heard The Humbling River? Change your life, forever!" *listens to every poo poo song Maynard farted out until they can't hear through the blood pooling in their ears*

And that's why I date women now.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Why would you do that? Stop making the road dangerous just becuase some dickhead in a cheap lift kit thinks you're slow. You do realize this is what you did, yes? Everyone else on the road, including yourself, had a road rage candidate on the wheel and you think you solved the problem by being a goddamn hall monitor. Maybe he could have swerved out of your drat rear end. But he didn't and now you, the idiot that thinks they're saving lives or whatever, is causing the traffic problem.

loving hell I hate that poo poo. Drive your car, don't be a dick. These shouldn't be mutually exclusive concepts.

Edit: I know what you're thinking: he should have passed on the left. I don't disagree, but your petulant child behavior of decelerating to the point of dumbassery made the road less safe for everyone.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 14:22 on Oct 28, 2016

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Reread his comment. He let off the gas at 55mph and was going 25mph by the time the time he could move into his turn. That's the bullshit. Again, the other driver is 100% at fault for starting poo poo, but don't keep slowing down to teach someone a lesson. It's stupid as all gently caress to slow down to an unreasonable speed just cause you were offended by some tailgating.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 15:01 on Oct 28, 2016

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
What is with that? I get random people asking if I need a ride at least once a week. I don't look disabled or something, stop it.

How many people have cried back some variation of "Oh I'm not a creep! You can trust me, I'm a good person!"

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Why are you assuming the honks are for you? I'd probably honk, but it would most certainly be aimed at the truck and the rear end in a top hat that stole your shot.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

genetic_knockout posted:

Dunno, just assuming that people are mean and also stupid. That's generally how it goes.

Eh okay I can see that. I was trained by my dad to assume that no honk was meant for me if I hadn't hosed up so I could stay calm in stressful traffic. It's like the only thing the man ever taught me that stuck, and it's been a godsend living in Houston.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

genetic_knockout posted:

See where I live, people usually don't honk very much, but I also have occasionally been on the receiving end of unwarranted honks. One time I was at the same intersection, stopped, then drove on through as normal. The lady behind me lost her mind and started honking at me and waving her arms like she was totally exasperated. I was so confused as to why she was pissed, because I literally didn't do anything wrong. I came to the conclusion that she must have thought I stopped for too long/was going too slowly.

I'm definitely not a perfect driver by any means, but if I'm not doing anything wrong and someone honks at me, I generally just assume that they are impatient assholes.

That woman has a mental illness. loving hell. Just assume anyone that honks at you has a weak constitution and you'll be okay.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

yo rear end is grass posted:

People who say "Don't even BOTHER talking to me until I've had my coffee!"
Alright, now you've had your coffee. But guess what? I didn't want to talk to you anyway.

Hey gently caress you. I need 40oz of caffeine just to function and no I'm not joking. I've also done a lot of amphetamines and nicotine is my whole world. Keep judging. Some of us need all the uppers.

Fake edit: oh god i'm not high enough yet

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Cowslips you're my hero. I couldn't run towards a goose if someone paid me a million dollars in gold. A trio? I'd just be feeding the geese with my cold, dead corpse. Cause they'd birder me for sure. Geese are just bags of hate and poo poo covered in feathers.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I keep getting yelled at for loving the poo poo out of Christmas and gently caress everyone for it.

Christmas is bright, cheerful, fun, exciting, surprising, delicious and cool. All you assholes that want to hate it? gently caress YOU. Even the music is upbeat, happy poo poo. Ok fine, it repeats too much and you're tired of the same 25 songs. I can understand that, but gently caress you if you hate a whole delightful holiday because you heard I'll Be Home for Christmas one to many times, you Grinch heart having piece of poo poo. Lights! Trees! Polar Bears! SANTA! You're mad at fun you degenerate jerkwads.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

It's more than that. It's accommodating, basic, calm, darling, embematic, frisky, grinning, human, innocent, jumping, kept, limited, meek, nap-loving, official, pretty, quarantined, recent, scheduled, tidy, understandable, victorious, wholesome, xylophone, young and zippered!

Christmas is NOT basic and embematic isn't a word, you take that back!

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Well since I've no idea what that is, I salute you.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Having a birthday on December 30th. Literally everyone forgot it and then they tried to turn the New Years party into a pathetic "We forgot fizzy whoops" party and the cake was this sad Wal-Mart tie-dye affair that they shoved number candles onto and just gently caress you birthday in general.

I'm 34, I didn't need a party. Thanks for reminding me my birthday sucked assholes!

edit: this is like the 5th time something like this has happened. Adult birthdays don't mean anything, gently caress off reminding me you forgot about me.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
What yea I eat rear end is saying is don't make a goddamn beef wellington when your most successful attempt at a regular beef roast was made in a crockpot with canned soup as an ingredient. the chances are it will suck most horribly and you won't even realize how bad it is because you've go no frame of reference. Or you'll know it sucks, not want to take the blame and stop trying to cook difficult dishes at all.

Worse is when those people make you help them make the dish they can't do. All of my friends do this to me cause I used to be a professional cook and they think me helping is going magically make things better. gently caress you, you can't even cut up mushrooms properly just let me do it.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
. nah loving hell I was being a dick.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 00:15 on Jan 8, 2017

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Okay but this is so rageful.

gently caress YOU DICKHOLE DOWNSTAIRS NEIGHBOR THAT KEEPS SAYING I'M LOUD. Cause I listen to all my music on headphones, play my guitar on headphones, and stopped playing my drums. I must be tapping my drat feet too much for this rear end in a top hat that. Will. Not. STOP WHINING. I hope, Friends-style, that I stamp my feet too hard and give you a heartattack you useless hoarder! Or maybe I blast Racer X til I go deaf? Cause then maybe you have a complaint.

However, Snoo? MOVE. Honey you live in a hellhole and you need to look around for something less miserable. And I promise double promise I didn't mean to sound like I was cussing in your direction. Cause holy poo poo babe...that sounds like hell.

Edit: Guy just asked me to turn down my TV. I don't own one? I'm starting to think he's trying to make friends with me by being weird.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 02:33 on Jan 8, 2017

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Where in god's holy name are you guys finding these people? I feel like I'm fairly social and I never see these types out in reality. Maybe my bar is too divey for them or something? I really do think I'd punch someone like that directly in the neck and be done with it.

Today my peeve is that I play beer league hockey and guys cannot stop commenting on how weird that is. Not the guys I play with, other guys. The ones that can't fathom that A GIRL! Gasp! would play a relatively violent sport. Co-ed at that! And they always call it "adorable". Same dipshits also make fun of me for being a welder. "Ah how cute! She can do boy things!" gently caress you dickless, meet me in the parking lot.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 12:53 on Jan 8, 2017

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Sigh.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
noooope

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 16:46 on Jan 8, 2017

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Stop complaining to us (or don't, you might get a lot of good advice?) and start taking pictures to show your landlord. If they don't act, then go to court and ask for damages and legal fees. This is seriously ridiculous and I live above a guy that brought me homemade wine and a basket of "home cured meats".

fake edit: closet cured ham has a definite moldy funk that any foodie would vomit at.

real edit: where do you live that this keeps happening? Cause even in lawless Houston Texas that grill alone would get me a new unit and some better neighbors if I whined even a little bit. I don't complain about the guy downstairs cause he's obviously just mentally ill, but you have a real claim here. Again. Second time, same place. That seems relentlessly against tenant agreements.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 17:46 on Jan 15, 2017

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The shirt doesn't add anything for the customer it just racks up laundry time.

This poo poo right here! gently caress this. I work for a multi-billion dollar company that gives us three shirts a year! After that we pay $18 for a lovely black shirt that's going to fade to a sharper shade of grey in a month. I have more holes in my three shirts than I can afford in one load of laundry.

I hate my job except the awesome parts where I melt metal.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 03:09 on Jul 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Eh, depends. I've worked two kitchens and we didn't get tipped out.

It's especially insulting when the servers start bragging about how busy it is and how they made 100 bucks this hour, while the cooks are living in literal burning-hot hell for the same wage they would get for standing around at 3pm on a wednesday.

Extra double insulting is how in a bind, the kitchen can and does send out totally-unprepared kitchen mooks to run tables and they do ok, whereas no untrained server can ever, ever handle the kitchen.

Yes. I don't think I've ever agreed with a post more. Running tables is easy, keeping up with tickets is a pain and no one, on earth, can do it without training.

e: my biggest pet peeve ever is a waiter thinking they could handle my job as a line cook. It's not rocket surgery, but it's not even remotely simple. No you don't deserve the tips and grats, rear end.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 02:10 on Jul 7, 2017