Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

-People who can't enjoy a movie or show because there is an actor in it who was also in something else they've seen.
Example: The girl I went to see the first Paul Blart movie with liked King of Queens, and she would repeatedly say "I just can't take him seriously!" Bitch, you're not supposed to take him seriously, it's a comedy.

-People who refuse to listen to new or different music.
Example: I have a friend who, at every party, will highjack the stereo. Then, after listening to multiple Kamelot and Dragonforce albums, someone will finally put something different on, and he'll sit there and mope for the rest of the time.

-Sore losers.
Example: When I was in university, I was playing Risk with a group of people. Eventually it was only me and two others left, and it was my turn. If I didn't take out person A this turn, he would've crippled me, and thinned himself out enough that person B would've steamrolled us both on her turn. So I cashed in my cards and began attacking. After taking just two territories the dude refused to even roll anymore, whining about how it wasn't fair, and eventually just left. It's a game, man. Sometimes you lose.

A White Guy posted:

I dunno what it is with SE Asia, but people are seriously nationalistic. It's so easy to troll SE Asia dudes just by talking minor poo poo about their country. If you want to get a bunch of nerds from the PRC angry, typing 'Taiwan #1' will unleash a torrent of completely unintelligible insults. Filipinos are even worse.

My best friend in high school was Taiwanese, and if you were bored you could just accuse him of being Chinese, sit back, and watch the rage fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

cyberia posted:

Related peeve: coworkers that take an inordinate interest in your food. Yes, I know it looks good, that's why I'm eating it. Please leave me alone and let me have my lunch in peace without being interrogated about every aspect of whatever it is that I'm having.

People who stare at you while you're eating. I had a coworker who would do this, just sit and stare at me. I'd look up from the newspaper and there he'd be with this dumb look on his face. Apparently it wasn't just me either.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Jaramin posted:

People who capitalize random words for emphasis.

People who put quotation marks around words for emphasis.

There's a restaurant near me that serves House-Made Turkey "Soup" with "Garlic" Bread

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Mu Zeta posted:

Why are people buying 32 or 40 oz yeti tumblers? Do you really need to keep a day's worth of soda on your desk at all times? I also see people getting 32oz thermos and filling it with coffee. That's a lot of loving coffee for one day man.

People who say "Don't even BOTHER talking to me until I've had my coffee!"
Alright, now you've had your coffee. But guess what? I didn't want to talk to you anyway.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

MisterBibs posted:

I don't know if this is more of a First World Problem, but my mouth always seems to want to drink more milk than my stomach wants milk in it.

This leads to my tongue recommending that I drink a lot of it, cuz it's so cold and tasty, and then I feel gross because my stomach is like 70% milk. Ugh.

:same:
Milk is delicious. I've never broken a bone, despite falling out of trees as a kid and getting into multiple car accidents. Coincidence?

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Honestly, what's so hard about answering a question like that? How will laughing benefit anyone? gently caress that guy.

Tiggum posted:

What sort of idiot expects non-IT people to know what a router is? I tend to think that when people give those sort of dismissive/insulting non-answers, they're just covering for their own lack of knowledge or inability to explain it because they don't want to look dumb themself.

Also this.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Nettles Coterie posted:

-People who act waaaaaay too comfortable and world-weary right after starting a new job. I don't understand this at all. When you're new at a job, you need to do your loving best. Not slouching around complaining about the work, taking extra-long breaks, and talking poo poo about your brand new coworkers! I get it, when that's the prevailing attitude around the workplace it's easy to get sucked into it, but it's a HUGE red flag to me if you can't even put in a decent effort for the first couple weeks.

A few years ago I was the night shift (BOH) supervisor at a restaurant. There was a new guy one night, and that very night he asked if he could go home early. It was pretty slow, so I said okay. EVERY SINGLE DAY for the next two weeks he asked if he could go home early. I say the next two weeks because that's as long as he lasted, which was much longer than I would've liked. Ask him to clean the meat slicer, and he would wet a paper towel and quickly wipe it off. Ask him to clean the floor, and he would sweep all the dirt and debris under the grill. Ask him to clean said grill, and he would somehow burn himself on it even though it had been off for two hours. Then he'd ask to go home.
The sad part is that he was chosen for the position over a single mother. Like dude, if you don't want the job, gently caress off and let this lady who actually needs the money have it.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Tiggum posted:

Then the glazier showed up and the first thing that happens is he warns me I might want to move stuff away from the sink because there's going to be a lot of dirt and dust. As I start to do that, he starts getting dirt and dust everywhere, so most of the stuff there got covered in it anyway. (I probably should have cleared the area ahead of time, but I didn't actually know exactly what he had to do since it was all organised by the landlord).

So rather than waiting half an hour for you to move your stuff and start at the proper time, he just began working?

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

artsy fartsy posted:

When you say "obvious" do you mean you actually tell her "Sorry but I don't feel up to taking right now"?

Not picking on you here, but this does remind of a big peeve: people who try to be subtle about things that could be quickly resolved by simply speaking up.

Yeah, what sounds like an uninterested "mhm" to you probably sounds like confirmation to her that you are listening and she should therefore keep talking.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Let It Snow is pretty good

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Oh, wow, this meat is so tender! Cooked it for 50 hours so it has the consistency of Jell-O and no discernible flavor at all and it's tender! MEAT FALLIN' OFF THE BONE! TENDER!

Meat should have the texture of meat and taste like a meat. gently caress this obsession with "tenderness" everyone has.

Also, lately it seems like every time I reheat leftovers I have to poop. Then by the time I get done pooping my food is cold again.

A couple of weeks ago I was at my parents' house having dinner. We were eating chicken and my mom kept raving about how "fall off the bone" tender it was, while noting subtle hints of various herbs.
It was KFC. We were eating KFC. She knew this.
I think my folks watch too many cooking shows.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

BioEnchanted posted:

I hate when you are enjoying something interesting someone put out that they then ruin by showing their true nature. A few years ago I started to watch an LP of a Rugrats game on the PSX - it was competently played and routed and I was enjoying the commentary, then a few episodes in he started making a really unpleasant racist joke about japanese karaoke, and I was just like "OK, I'm out."

It wasn't even well researched, if your going to make a lovely joke like that at least learn how the language sounds on a basic level. Get the loving phonemes right or get out. I worked in multiple call centres and got really good a pronouncing foreign names because I paid attention to what their accents turned syllables into and extrapolated from there - a few times I've been complimented on pronouncing a name most people get wrong. And no I'm not that obnoxious guy who overpronounces menu items. Examples of when it came in handy are gaelic or celtic names - let's use a commonly known one - Siobhan (pronounced Shivon). bh is almost always pronounced like a v, so if that letter pair shows up in a name with a similar structure I can guess to pronounce it V unless that's obviously wrong. A less obvious example was the Indian place name Vishwaroop - the clients all pronounced it Vwashi as a maybe diminutive nickname.

My last name has a "cz" in it, and I'm always so happy when people pronounce it properly (as "ch") instead of "k-zuh" or "s-zzz" or whatever. Ever heard of the Czech Republic? It's like that. That being said, I've never really understood the last name "Ng." Is it just pronounced like the end of "-ing?"

BOOTY-ADE posted:

...last time it was an easy Alfredo sauce to go with her tortellini pasta, now she never buys the pre-made sauce :)

Good! Alfredo is easy as gently caress to make (butter, heavy cream, parmesan, basil, pepper) so no one should ever have to buy it pre-made.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

cyberia posted:

I know this is the most 'old man yells at cloud' peeve ever but...

People who go to a live music event and spend the entire time filming / taking photos with their phones. I went to a rave on Saturday night and people around me spent the entire time snapchatting / taking photos / videos. One girl face-time'd someone when a certain song was playing so they could hear it. I just don't understand how you can possibly enjoy the experience if you're not in the moment. If you spend the whole time trying to record how much of a good time you're having are you really having a good time? Then on Sunday night I was at a concert and pretty much everyone in the moshpit / dancefloor had their phones out; again, Snapchatting, taking selfies, shooting video, but half of them were so hosed up that all they were filming were the backs of people's heads or blurry nothing. If you've paid nearly $100 for a ticket to a show wouldn't you want to absorb the experience and let yourself enjoy the music / performance of the artists? I admit I'll snap a photo or two of the band or DJ during a slow song or if they're talking but that's it. I just don't understand the need to film 75% of a concert or performance or to take a million selfies or post a ton of clips to your snap story. Does anyone ever go back and watch those videos they take? We need to go back to the 90s ethos of dancing with your back to the DJ and just enjoying the music.

People who are constantly on their phone anywhere. My wife and I go for a lot of walks, and 85% of it she's looking at her phone. We'll sit down on a bench by the lake and she'll make me watch youtube videos while I'm trying to enjoy the evening scenery. Just show me when we get home ffs.

cyberia posted:

Secondary peeve - people who can't handle their drugs. If you're going to get high at a gig don't get so high that you blow-out and pass out in the pit. And if you're going to get super high and things are getting a bit overwhelming go and sit the gently caress down and have some water and get a grip before you try to get back on the dance floor. loving kids these days, I swear.

That's why I've never done drugs at a concert. I can handle various things pretty well, but just in case. I don't want to miss the show, I paid 80 bux for these tickets drat it.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Sorry, everything you like is actually for children, unlike the things that I like.

Pet peeve: people who suck at responding to texts. There is no excuse for anyone under 30 to have a reputation for being hard to get a hold of unless they have severe depression or something.

It's me. I'm the 28 year old who doesn't respond to texts. On behalf of all of us, just call.
(To be fair, most of the texts I get are from my sister talking about what she's doing in Fallout or Skyrim. All. The. Time.)

The Mighty Moltres has a new favorite as of 17:36 on Nov 28, 2016

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

The Snoo posted:

yeah ok the noisy guy got evicted BUT NOW THE APARTMENT'S BEING RENOVATED WITH A JACKHAMMER

Holy crap, did you possibly walk under a ladder before breaking a mirror over the head of a black cat that had crossed your path? Because that's the only explanation I can think of for your luck.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Sociopastry posted:

when someone tells you something, you acknowledge it, and then they proceed to go on a 15 minute ramble about the thing you just acknowledged. As an example, this is a common conversation with my sister.

Sister:"hey can you do thing?"
Me:"Sure."
Sister:"I need you to do thing because blah blah blah blah blah."
Me: "Yeah I said I'd go do thing now."
Sister: "Well I really need thing done because blah blah blah"

repeat over and over again, sometimes even after the thing's been finished and over with for a while. drives me nuts.

My dad's like that. Even if it's a small thing, he'll immediately launch into reasons it needs to be done, before I can even take a step.

I've also caught myself doing it. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree I guess.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

How loving hard is it to stay in your own lane while driving?

...don't you just fly everywhere?

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Drivers who are too nice. It's one thing to wave someone through at a four-way stop when it's just the two of you, but don't stop for someone turning left on a multiple lane highway. No one is sure what you're doing, traffic in the other lane is still going, and you're holding up traffic behind you. Then there's the added bonus that maybe you'll get tired of being nice and decide to go right when the person turning left figures it's safe enough in the other lanes.
If you have the right of way, just go with it.

edit:
Also pedestrians who stand at the foot of a crosswalk, so you stop for them and they shake their head or wave you through. Like if you're not crossing step back a few feet drat it.

The Mighty Moltres has a new favorite as of 05:37 on Dec 11, 2016

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I am tired of people I know taking life too seriously.
Every time I talk to someone, they immediately jump into how things are so stressful for them, how crappy their day was, etc.
God drat it, take a hit or drink a beer or something. Calm down, this is the only life you have. Enjoy it.
I have a genetic heart disorder, pretty much guaranteeing that I'll have a heart attack by the time I'm 40, yet most of these people are going to give themselves one before me.
I want to tell them to go out for a walk in the snow. Talk to a homeless man. Close their eyes and listen to some music. I want to, but from past experience I know that they will just say how they have no time to do that poo poo, while continuing to slowly kill themselves.
It just makes me sad.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I just drive my car into the house like any sane person. There's really no better way of letting someone know you're there, with the added bonus of them not having to go too far to get in!

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Sociopastry posted:

okay I didn't see this until just now but you can't just bring up this guy and not write more stories about him. He sounds terrible. :allears:

Agreed. Couldn't you just use an adjustable bevel?

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Initio posted:

My mother in laws gifting practices.

She'll use our amazon list only for 'inspiration', usually buying an offbrand/wrong size of something we actually would get, or copies of books and movies we already have. Then she'll put them in her cigarette smoke filled Volvo for a few weeks until the smell sets in.

Next she'll schedule a special gift exchange time with us. Then reschedule it at the last minute. Then once more after we've cancelled other plans. Finally she'll arrive at our door 90 minutes after we've planned.

I probably sound bitter and ungrateful. Probably because I am. I feel bad about it too though.

Not sure I'd ever be able to convince her to not give us anything though.

See now what you need to do is begin predicting what she'll give you, based on what you want. Then ask for that. For example, if you want a red shirt, ask for a yellow jacket. Then, in theory, she'll get you the shirt. Unless she goes the complete opposite direction and gets you like a parrot or something.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

The Snoo posted:

fun update/edit: so the dudes downstairs seem to have a stereo system and were playing music really loud. my husband went down and asked about it and he said the dude seemed apologetic and said they'd try to keep it down and soundproof stuff. and I'm like... I guess? :confused: I mean it's better than getting pissy at us lol

e2: I'll believe it when it happens because they're playing music louder now. neato

e3: my peeve is that people think they can do stuff in their apartments without considering other people. there are plenty of things I don't do anymore because I want to be considerate to the people around me. things like listening to music loud, or working on my metal jewelry, or whatever. I have headphones, I visit my parents' place to make that kind of jewelry, etc. so I don't know. my hypervigilance/anxiety makes me the weird one, I suppose.

Having lived in a place where my upstairs neighbours were constantly stomping on the floor and just generally being loud, I try to be as quiet as possible for the sake of those below me. However, with each of your posts, I become a little bit quieter. I'm waiting for the day when the cops come to my door due to concerns that I may be dead.

Peeve: Covers of songs which add no originality or creativity. For example, compare Bruce Springsteen's "Blinded By The Light" with Mannfred Mann's.
Now compare The Beatles' "Come Together" with Aerosmith's.
I couldn't find the original Beatles' version on youtube, but it doesn't matter because they sound EXACTLY THE SAME.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Helios Grime posted:

Why exactly? So you don't miss the blurry truck in the photo? Have they forgoten about the perfectly feasable red mspaint circle?

Covering up the license plate I assume.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Indolent Bastard posted:

Obviously. But why? What will anyone do with that info? If you aren't in law enforcement what could you do with a plate number?

Laugh at them when it says something like 100 GAY or 69 BUTT

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

As a line cook:

Expediters who pause after. Every two. Or maybe three. Orders.
For example:
"Okay, yo rear end is grass, you have one medium steak, one medium rare steak."
"Gotcha!"
"And another medium steak."
"Okay!
"And with that first steak I need a side of sautéed mushrooms."
"Ok medium steak side mush!"
"And then you have a rare steak."
"Four steaks all day!"
"No you also have one well done."

Holy gently caress man, why? Just say "Five steaks, one well, two medium, one mid rare, one rare. Side hot mush." It'll be so much easier if you-

"Also you have two chicken burgers coming with that rare steak. So HURRY UP ON THEM!"
"Ok firing chicken now!"
"Why weren't they already on?! Your steak is going to be overcooked!"
"Then let's use it for the medium or well."
"They're all on the same bill!"

THEN WHY CALL IT LIKE IT'S SEPERATE YOU gently caress?

Which brings me to my next peeve:

People who work at any sort of casual dining restaurant and think they're Gordon Ramsey, complete with yelling and insulting people. Dude, we're making pub food on a Wednesday night, calm the gently caress down. A girl ran out crying the other night because she was screamed at for "taking too long" to make a salad. The bill was running one minute. And she had other sides to deal with. Plus it was her second day.

Final kitchen peeve:

"Make this good, it's for [staff member.]"

Oh well in that case, I'll make sure it's tasty! I never bothered with anyone else, but since it's for someone who works here I'll try my best! You dick.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Aesop Poprock posted:

Why would anyone every want to work in a kitchen, I hear this from literally everyone I know who works in one regardless of the level of quality

The same reason anyone wants to work as a carpenter, or a painter, or a programmer. It's what we love to do. It's the other idiots who make it a pain in the rear end.

mostlygray posted:

I worked family style and banquet for Concordia Language Villages in college for a few years. Yes, it's stressful, but it's also fun. We did some restaurant style but that was rare.

Pet peeve in kitchen work is when you can't get your teenage prep cook to move fast. They just stand there and stare. You say, "I need 2 hotel pans of onions medium diced, 1 hotel pan of carrots sliced small and on the bias, one steam pan of green beans in the steamer right after but time them short because I'll finish in the tilt-skillet."

All you get is numb silence. A thousand yard stare and no communication.

So you tell them to go do dishes and you end up doing it yourself. For 190 people we'd usually have one head chef, one assistant cook (read sous that works on recipes but not ordering), one prep cook, and one blithering idiot teenager.

I know that guy! Takes half an hour to do a line sweep, but you still slip on avocado stones and greasy portion bags?

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Netflix asks every couple of episodes "Are you still watching?" With yes/no options underneath. I think that if you don't select one within like a minute, it should automatically turn off. I fall asleep while watching tv all the time, I don't want that poo poo burned into my screen.

Also, "In the book of Revelations it says..." No. No it doesn't. Because it's Revelation. Just one. One long revelation.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

starkebn posted:

burn in takes weeks or months of having the same image

Yes, which can happen after falling asleep every night and having the "Are you still watching? Yes/No" in the middle of the screen. My old tv had the Wii's version of Netflix's menu burned into it after a year for the same reason.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

walrusman posted:

Agreed. I feel bad asking that friend-of-a-friend to help me tap the keg or slice tomatoes, but what else can I do?

Offer your guest a drink and do your own drat host duties.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

YeahTubaMike posted:

Baked salmon with parsley & lemon is not objectively the best food, it just happens to be my favorite. If you ask me what my favorite food is, then I tell you, then you tell me "Whatever, Soylent has all the nutrients you really need, and baked chicken has more protein anyway", then I'm just going to think you're being weird and/or a jerk.

Whatever, barbecued salmon is better.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

When a radio station has a soundclip like "This is Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull," yet that station hasn't played a single Jethro Tull song in nearly 20 years.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Speaking of job interviews, "What are your hobbies and interests?"
I murder babies after shooting benzos into my rear end in a top hat, wtf do you care what I do in my free time as long as I get the job done?

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Calexio posted:

People who are never on time for anything. I don't mean a handful of minutes late either, that's completely understandable, I'm talking hours late every single time. It's not like they don't know they do it either, we've called them out on it plenty of times. It's just rude.

Like, we'll arrange to get together at our house at 1 and around 12:45 I'll get a text that they're just getting ready to leave. I know how long it takes you to get here, dude! At least an hour and a half. I've got to the point when I've just started telling them to come over two hours before I actually want them here. Just so I know there's an actual slim chance of them getting here "on time" although they still manage to gently caress that up too some times.

My best friend is one of these people. She was over an hour late to her own bachelorette party.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

If you enter a restaurant, sit down, and ask for a menu 5 minutes before it closes, you are the worst kind of person.
"But you're open until 2:00am!" You may say, but would you go to the mall and begin tying on new outfits in that same amount of time?
How do you feel when you are suddenly presented with an extra half hour (at least) of work when you are five minutes away from going home?
Many of us cooks have already been there for over 8 hours, cooking, washing, restocking, cleaning, prepping.
If you have a craving for a medium steak with garlic butter prawns hold the butter but extra garlic with a combination of boiled and roasted potatoes (half skin on and half skin off on each) and carrots steamed with the tears of an orphaned deer, please wait until tomorrow to get it.
Or get it to go, so we don't have to wait even longer for you to stuff your face, wash your dishes, and get home to our families.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Tiggum posted:

If I did that the only response I would expect is "Sorry, the kitchen's closed." Like, don't all restaurants stop serving food some time before their actual closing time?

Many do, but not all.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Meot

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

My Lovely Horse posted:

e: my related pet peeve is coworkers leaving the window open all day in summer because a) wasps get in and, with 10-12 foot high ceilings, not back out anytime soon, and b) all the hot air from outside comes in.

I few years ago I worked at a restaurant situated right next to a river. That summer was particularly hot, so coworkers would prop the doors open. Do you know what summer evening plus river equals in lower mainland British Columbia? A fuckton of mosquitos.
And they never learned. Every night there would be a swarm in the restaurant, landing on people and their food, flying into my face while I was trying to cook... Buy an a/c and keep the god drat doors closed you idiots.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I started a new job as a line cook about a month ago at a fairly well known Canadian franchise. I've enjoyed it so far, though I am quite overqualified for the position. There are over 100 items on the menu, most of which I've already mastered. However, this hasn't stopped my manager from nagging me to complete the online course that, I guess, goes along with the job.
An online course that I don't get paid for, and must be done during my free time.
I did learn quite a bit about the history of the company which was neat, but when it comes to the preparation, cooking, and presentation of food, I learned all of that on the job.
The course also covers topics which my resume clearly states I am already certified in, such as WHMIS, Food Safe, and First Aid.
"That's cool," you may say, "people who don't have those qualifications can get them through the online learning!"
Nope. I've asked. No certification is actually awarded. No one I work with who has only done this bullshit online lesson has been given anything for their effort.
Yet, for some reason, they're all so content with being dicked over.

So my pet peeve today is:
DON'T GIVE YOUR EMPLOYEES HOMEWORK.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Maggie Fletcher posted:

drink ourselves silly
drink mediocre beer
get drunk after work
happy hour
long lunch over beers
"Let's go drink beers!"
random drink-getting

I think your friends may have a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Cowslips Warren posted:

I had a friend who did similar, but it was with anime. IE, she'd be through a season then bug me nonstop till I agreed to watch an episode. By episode 2, she'd be spoiling poo poo for me, or squealing words in Japanese (cause she tooootally learned Japanese from DeathNote!) or loudly reciting the scripts as the episode played. SEE Cowslips this is Kira, with is Japanese for killer! But it also means light, like to light up the world? So everyone calls him KIRA because he's KILLING people!

It's like some people can't let you enjoy something at your own place. I got a friend hooked on Game of Thrones, and she was on season 1 when I was on 5, but I didn't spoil poo poo for her!

Or the opposite, when they know you're ahead of them in a show and keep asking you things that are covered in future episodes/seasons. Like alright, turn off the TV and I'll just tell you everything if that's what you really want. I'm sure it'll be much more entertaining than actually enjoying the story as it unfolds!