Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Owning a dog inside city limits should require an exam, licensing, and regular inspections to make sure you aren't a dipshit dog owner. Ideally, the licensing fee would be per dog to discourage people from having like 14 loving dogs.

I am so sick of people taking their dogs out without leashes around here. Inevitably the dogs take off and charge down other people or dogs and you have to smile and pretend to like the owner's lovely drool monster while they speedwalk after it yelling apologies. "Aw he's normally so good!" How about use a loving leash?

It's not only lovely for your neighbors, it's dangerous for the dog.

Also people around here like to keep their dogs in the back yard all day so it can bark at anything and everything that moves. There are houses I've learned to avoid because you will ALWAYS set off mad barking if you stroll by. At that point why own a dog? I can't keep a dog so I keep a snake that sleeps all the time and gives 0 shits as long as it gets rats and proper humidity. Doggies are social, they don't want to hang out in your 20x20 wood-fenced back yard and stare at nothing all day. That poo poo is criminally abusive.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 20:01 on May 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Inspector 34 posted:

FTFY

And also, gently caress that. I don't even pretend to like them or their dogs. Was out walking our dog the other evening and these two dipshit white kids were loving break dancing (this is in the suburbs of Portland, so you know 100% that they are complete loving idiots) in their garage while their puppy pitbull charged out and attacked our dane. I don't feel a tiny bit guilty for kicking that dog out from under ours and yelling at the two morons for keep their piece of poo poo on a leash if they can't train it properly.

I have nothing against pit bulls or really any other breed, but I swear pits are the breed most likely to be owned by an irresponsible douche bag.

Just quoting to say you're right, bad dog behaviour is on the owner, not the dog.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I'm pretty sure Cinco de Drinko is an intentionally stupid appellation.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Maggie Fletcher posted:

gently caress, I really want a margarita now.

Cinco de nuevo

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Maggie Fletcher posted:

"You don't need X" where X is any sort of physical improvement: diet/exercise, teeth whitening strips, makeup, botox, or whatever. I am pretty meticulous with skincare due to a propensity to skin cancer and a history of acne, and I enjoy putting on makeup. I'm particular with the kind of skincare and makeup I wear, but I'm not afraid to go out without makeup on, and I don't wear that much, but because I like to try new things, I have a lot of it sitting around. Anytime someone's in my house and sees what's in my bathroom I get "you don't neeeeeed makeup." Same with going to the gym: "you don't neeeeed to work out, you're so skinnyyyyyy." I don't need botox or makeup or whatever, but I like it, and it has no impact on you, so what's it to you? No one NEEDS makeup; we wear it because we want to.

The best is when it comes from guys I'm already dating. "Guys don't like girls that wear too much makeup." Well excuse me, I don't recall asking your opinion, and I've worn makeup almost every day you've seen me up to now, so you must like what you see or else you wouldn't have asked me out.

I'm not even super into makeup--not a beauty blogger or anything, I just wear it regularly--but I still get these unsolicited comments. It sounds like they're trying to compliment but it comes off as condescending. I don't need your approval, I just like pretty colors!

This loving sucks, I don't get makeup but I get told to eat more, work out less, and so on

Like I work out because it's fun, I like running, I like lifting things, it helps me feel like a competent human and if I have kids or something I want to avoid having health problems for as long as possible.

I'm still tiny, soft, and pale, so it's not like I'm some hulked-out The Rock-looking person. Besides The Rock can do whatever the hell he wants, he wouldn't be called that if he didn't enjoy what he does and he sure as hell doesn't care what any of us think.

It's extra insulting when you're dating someone, too, because unless they're an enormous piece of poo poo it's obviously meant to be a compliment but just... I am capable of doing things for myself, I'm not trying to look good to you or anyone.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 19:21 on May 12, 2017

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

BioEnchanted posted:

I like to watch clips from comedies , but whenever religion comes up they always end up on some atheism channel using a throwaway gag about religious people being prudes or whatever as some takedown of the entire thing. It's like, yeah, the comedy was making fun of that aspect of christianity, but a few of the writers are probably christian poking fun at themselves as well. It's not a takedown AtheistNetwork, it's a joke. A barb at best. Funny in context, not in you.

It grates me any time something is described as DEMOLISHING or DESTROYING or whatever. It'll be like, "The Young Turks DESTROY TRUMP" or "Dawkins DEMOLISHES creationism!!" and inevitably it's, maybe, a little funny, but cmon.

Another pet peeve, Taco Villa has switched from wide, shallow to hot sauce cups to tall, narrow ones. They're now too small to dip your burrito in, but they're not at all well-shaped for pouring the sauce onto your burrito. Why are they like this?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
This gets annoying in podcasts too. Listening to intros and/or requests for reviews and donations. Doubly so if the podcast is a shorter one, so I'll be listening at the gym for an hour and hear the spiel 3-5 times.

Also, I hate how apparently there's like four companies that sponsor every podcast. Yes, I know about audible, yes, I know about blue table, yes I know about that website-design kit, shut up shut up shut up. At least Audible being everywhere makes loving sense, since podcast listeners are probably into audiobooks. What the hell about a horror podcast implies they want food ingredients delivered thrice weekly?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

When I used to listen to Sword and Scale it was kind of funny. "The women were all found with their guts hanging out and stapled to the ceiling..."...."Guys I love to cook, and I really enjoy this new service, let me tell you about it"

God, the worst of the worst is when the hosts make it into a bit and act as if they really love all the products they're hocking. I don't mind ads, the podcasters have to pay the bills, but god, we both know what's going on. Just make it an ad.

I love The NoSleep podcast because it's straight with you. You get a truncated free version with one ad at the beginning, or you just throw them twenty bucks once a year and get the full episodes ad-free. For the amount of content you get that's like 50 cents for an hour of entertainment, and I relisten at least a few times to past seasons. I'm fine to pay that. Good podcasts deserve some profit, just don't be stupid about it. Actually, I'd rather throw money directly at writers, voice actors, and musicians that I like rather than force them to rely on ad revenue. Kinda reminds me of tv. I'd happily chuck money to watch, say, Game of Thrones at home on the tv, instead of watching it pirated on some friend's laptop, but I'm not gonna get a cable service and then pay for HBO just for one show. Just sell me what I want, guys. I will pay you!

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 17:02 on May 25, 2017

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Nettles Coterie posted:

My roommate is super broke all the time and eats pasta with cheap tomato sauce for basically every meal. She also leaves her dishes everywhere without even trying to rinse them, so every single pot, fork and bowl in the house is constantly crusted over with old dried tomato sauce. When it's time for her next meal, she'll go in and wash only what she needs, one pot, bowl & fork, and immediately use them and leave them to get all crusty again. :argh:

She was a chef for several years and is weirdly obsessive about keeping her knives sharp and poo poo like that, but is totally fine with leaving the kitchen a nasty pit of squalor. It's maddening! Especially since I've recently been making an effort to eat better and make lunches to take to work, and it's really loving hard to do when every counter is covered in gross dishes, and the stovetop is crusted in old sauce splashes and burnt noodles.

This is common with restaurant people, when you're cooking and prepping you rarely have time to clean up so the kitchen just gets nasty and then gets cleaned after closing. Like poo poo that gets dropped on the floor or on counters or whatever will just be left there for hours. The most you'll do during dinner is run something to the dish pit if it's physically in your way. If she was a proper chef and not a line cook she might not have even had to clean up, and got someone else to do it for her.

yo rear end is grass posted:

When someone says something and you couldn't quite hear them, so you say "Pardon?" and they repeat themselves even quieter than before. I don't understand it at all. Hate to break it to you apparently nervous guy, the quieter you get, the more you'll be asked to repeat yourself.

On that note, I get asked a lot if I'm nervous. You see, I have very shaky hands. I always have. I get it from my mom, who got it from my grandfather. It's not so bad when I explain that to people, but sometimes you get the assholes who constantly bring it up or berate you when you're drinking a cup of coffee. Like "You're already so shaky, do you think you really need that?"
The worst time was when I was in school for culinary arts. Twice a week we would open the dining room to the public, kind of like a training restaurant. It was great practice, but we had to take turns being servers. I was filling up a guy's water glass, and he said "Need another drink there, buddy?" gently caress you, dick. Maybe I have MS or Parkinson's or something. I don't, but he doesn't know. To just jump to the assumption that I'm an alcoholic... man that annoyed me.

I was an alcoholic and hearing that might have put me into a panic attack. If someone's got visible tremors from a booze withdrawal they've probably got other nasty symptoms like severe anxiety, sweating, and nausea, in rare cases if they're a career hard drinker they might be in seizure risk within the next day or so if they don't get their fix or medical attention. That's a lovely thing to joke about.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Thin Privilege posted:

A lot of people (probably most) don't know that and just think "lol dunks have shaky hands." That's a pet peeve, people who make fun of addicts or think it's a moral failing. It would be nice if people knew more about alcohol addiction and it's dangers past liver failure. Maybe if I had known more about it myself I wouldn't have become an alcoholic with seizures and "oh I just drank too much caffeine that's why my hands are shaking" or when the store clerk would laugh at me and the other alcoholics who would line up at 6:50 waiting for 7 am when liquor selling hours started. It's awkward now when he looks at me expecting to buy liquor when I'm not. It's not exactly funny or fun or a moral failure like so many people think.

Yeah, personal responsibility is definitely a factor in quitting an addiction, but the physical symptoms of stopping aren't well-known but it's still not seen by a lot of common folks as a medical issue or something that could happen to them. You don't just wake up one day and decide to have a 7am shot or three, it takes months or years and usually starts with innocent party drinking. By the time you come to terms with having a physical dependence the symptoms can be lovely enough that you prefer to just accept the drinking and get on with your day. I was only able to stop after getting admitted to the ER with heart-attack symptoms. An iv and some lorezapam to let me ride out the worst withdrawal phase plus a really helpful and supportive doc who treated me like a real patient when I was so ashamed of being a drunk and taking up a bed from someone who "really" needed it, finally got me off the stuff.

I think the physical effects of abuse, like you said beyond liver damage, being so unknown is also a big peeve of mine, and it's a much bigger reason people find it hard to quit than those who haven't been there often realize. Even non-life-threatening withdrawal can make you feel lovely enough to be barely functional and stopping, experiencing mild withdrawal, and then diving back into drink so you can sleep or calm your nerves or stop being constipated after you get through the acute phase is common and typically leads to more severe withdrawal the more times you experience it.

The most embarassing experience of my life was, a half day into swearing off drink after it lead to a lovely breakup, stumbling down the street to the wine store, drenched in sweat and hands so shaky I could barely insert the debit card. I was having a panic attack and my heart felt like it would explode. The wine was enough to make me at least able to sit and watch netflix instead of pacing and contemplating 911. Then as I cut down on it I got to experience hallucinations at night for a good week afterwards, and that plus insomia got me back onto the booze train for another 8 months because it all sucked so hard. Being a functional alcoholic was, for a while, a better life than being a sweating, panicked freakshow.

My namesake author probably did not die from stumbling around the streets having a booze withdrawal like some theorize but it does happen, especially to the homeless or lowest class, and from my experiences it would be one of the scariest ways to go. I would not wish DTs on my worst enemy.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

teenytinymouse posted:

Ads and movies that animate animal or baby faces to look like they're saying words it's freaky as gently caress and I hate it

The baby in the car you're pretending is singing Proud Mary is not cute it makes me want to die please stop I will not buy that car from that scary baby

agreed here.

Any car commercial kinda makes me wonder... that's such a rare purchase and typically the buyer knows what kind of car they want or is going to ask friends/family/the dealership. I guess it still keeps people aware of the specific brand, like typically you're going to choose a Toyota over Some Make I've Never Heard Of even if the Toyota doesn't excite you.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Ravenfood posted:

LED headlights are a loving hazard. Sure, whoever has them can see better, but everyone else gets blinded.

It's terrifying as a pedestrian

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

TV shows with too-long and/or too obnoxious intro themes. House of Cards, Oz, etc fall into the "way too long" category. The Shield falls into the way too obnoxious one, I always have to race for the remote to both turn down the weird screaming and the other remote to fast forward/skip to the next episode thing as fast as possible. What the gently caress even is that song?

And tv shows where the full recap/intro is preserved on netflix.

I'm watching Shameless on netflix and by god I do not need a minutes-long recap followed by opening credits before every episode in this format.

Also since I'm not finished I can't comment on the current situation, but unless Fiona changes radically she's a gross, hypocritical shithead and by far my least favourite character on this show. It irks me whenever she's shown in a good light.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I love Better Call Saul, but I buy the Amazon version since I can rarely watch it in real time (and besides we just got cable, just found out yesterday that we even have AMC), and it just hit home to me that even though I love the show, there's only about 36 minutes of actual show per hour.

At least with Amazon I don't have to watch the commercials...

Watching it live is awful with commercials. It feels like more commercial than show.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Another OITNB peeve is that the new season cold opened right after the previous one ended. I have seen season 4 once, a year ago, when I bingewatched it, so I spend the whole first episode playing catchup with the huge cast of characters trying to remember what they were up to last season. A recap would be nice.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I hate when they don't let you see your password and tell if you've made a typo because of those dumb ubiquitous stars or dots. I cannot ever, ever think of a situation in which some fiend has been craning over me to see my netflix password or whatever only to be foiled by its illegibility. If they're getting my password it's because its a hack and the dots won't save me or anyone else whose account is compromised.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Che Delilas posted:

Current peeve: used-car salesman tactics.

Dear Comcast rep: When I open up a support chat with you for our annual battle for internet service pricing, I will ask you questions. When I ask you a question, what you should do is then answer that question. THAT question. This will result in an interaction that, while it may not be pleasant or result in a perfect outcome for either of us, will at least not make me want to close the window in frustration and will directly contribute to a reasonably high rating in the post-chat survey.

:shobon: Hi, my bill shot up, can I get a promotion or something so I'm paying a reasonable rate again?
:buddy: (2 paragraphs of copypaste boilerplate stepford-wife white noise)
:buddy: I have a promotion for you, it's a tiny bit less than your current bill (which just went up by 50%) and it gets you all this extra poo poo like triple your current speed and TV and HBO GO and and and.
:shobon: That all sounds nice, but are there any other promotions, specifically something with less speed (I'm not going to use all that) and/or just internet service? I'm not interested in TV service etc.
:buddy: The promotion I offered you is really great, Che! It's way faster and has all this TV stuff and it's still less than what you're paying now! (because we shot your old rate straight up into the air with a railgun)
:raise:

I'm fairly loving certain I didn't ask, "Is the thing you just told me about really great?? How great is it really??? CAN WE JERK OFF TOGETHER?" Every goddamn question I asked he didn't answer until I insisted or asked it again. I ask these questions because this is a long-term service agreement, not the last-minute impulse-buy rack at the supermarket; I want a plan that fits my use profile for preferably a decent price.

Related peeve: decent pricing for new customers and a cornholeing for existing customers.

I did tech support for comcast, you have to hit the company bullet points or you lose out on raises and bonuses.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Noctone posted:

Uhh there is a recap, you should have had to watch or skip past it to start watching the new season. Pretty sure Netflix does it for all of their original series. And also:

That is not how my netflix app looks at all

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

You Are A Elf posted:

New buildings going up with continuous construction... and not a single banner or sign on the fence stating what the future building's gonna be.

I just wanna know what that giant building with the drive-thru on the side they're building down the street from me is :argh:

Speed bumps, too. Most speed bumps are built so as to synchronize with the posted speed limit meaning you can go over them without slowing down (too much).

I always get stuck behind the fuckwit going 2 mph down the posted 25 mph street because there's speed bumps involved, slowing down to .000000000001 mph at each speed bump like they're driving over Olympus Mons. It's worse when lifted bro-trucks and SUVs go over them like that

The real villain here is the speed bumps, not the people reacting to them.

Back when I drove a corolla, my student housing parking garage speed bumps hosed up my suspension despite me going near exactly the speed limit. Speed bumps are a poo poo idea and help nothing.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Mu Zeta posted:

It actually slows drivers down so that they don't run over pedestrians like me. Fatalities have gone down here since they started putting them in and I hope they add more

I walk about six miles a day and still also drive. Speed bumps aren't a good way to reduce traffic accidents.

Source: both drive and experience drivers

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I go to a small gym that only has one squat rack. Normally not an issue as I go during slow times, but yesterday these two girls were in there for like 30 or 40 minutes doing poo poo with just the bar. I kept glancing to see if they were gone. Front squats, back squats, overhead presses, rows, and most egregiously of all, literally doing curls in the squat rack, with plates instead of a barbell or dumbbell. One of them didn't even use the bar for the OHP, just stood in the squat rack with a 30lb preloaded barbell. Why do you need the squat rack for that?? There's plenty of room to just grab a barbell and work wherever, and especially with a spotter you don't need the drat safeties for any of that.

People can barely even ask to work in at that point unless they want to go through the hassle of completely unloading and reloading the bar between every set.

Another pet peeve is anyone who claims multiple pieces of gym equipment at one time. Take a rack, take a machine, take a bench, take a barbell, or take some dumbbells. Don't grab several dumbells, a barbell, a few plates, and a rope attachment and then camp out at a machine while your backpacks hangs out "claiming" a bench. Have some courtesy.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 17:31 on Jun 24, 2017

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
As well as being annoying there's some people I just don't get. Like doing infinity reps x light weights is painful as poo poo, and if you have the strength and stamina to keep throwing 45lbs for a good hour you can probably slap some weights on there, get your strength training in in half the time, and then go do some actual enjoyable cardio.

If it works for you it works for you I guess, but leave the squat rack/benches/shoulder press chair that have actual safeties and racks to load the bar for people who, you know, need those.

Also don't wander across half the gym during your "rest" between sets and then walk back and tell someone who's taken your spot that you were using that. This gym is like walmart, people lose spacial awareness and social decency when they walk in.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Coolspaz posted:

When someone goes to a drive through and orders 16 bags of food, I wants want my god drat milkshake!!

This anywhere. My gym has an attachment that's a kids play area, like trampoline room and laser tag and poo poo. Now that it's summer, every time someone comes with 3+ little shits you end up with a 3+ gym goers waiting forever while the kids get checked in and all just so we can spend two seconds getting our key fobs swiped by the desk clerk.

See also: getting stock behind lotto addicts at the convenience store. Watching someone buy a cartload of poo poo for a party while you're waiting in line to buy one bottle of booze.

Also, people in my neighborhood, for god's sake stop letting your dog out in the front lawn without a leash. There's so many strays and missing dog signs in this town, god I wonder why?

"oh but my sweet boy is good he won't-" *idiot dog takes off down the street to chase a responsible leash-using dog owner walking theirs, is struck by a car, dies*

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 21:01 on Jun 26, 2017

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I really hate driving the 401 because the speed limits are so ludicrously low that everyone is speeding, always, by 20+ over. You're basically at the mercy of the cops at that point, not that they're usually dicks but well, cops.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Bamabalacha posted:

And the chunk that goes through the GTA is literally the busiest highway in North America.

That always blows my loving mind.

Driving from Michigan to Kingston is the worst driving experience of my life bar none, and I've had to piss in a bottle from behind the wheel while stuck in the interstate in NYC. If you're not going to the GTA it's absolutely worth it to detour all the way through Ohio, Pennsylvania, and NY state to get to Prince Edward County or anywhere due east from there. Roughly the same drive time but way less traffic and better scenery.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 19:08 on Jun 29, 2017

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Gym peeve of today: free-standing rack of weights, basically a stand with pegs coming off it like waist-high metal christmas tree. 2.5s and 5s on the top, two pegs full of 45lbs on the bottom, mid weights in between, nice and balanced. Today there was one 45lb plate on one bottom peg and 5 or more on the other bottom peg. Douchebag McLargehuge bald guy comes over and takes the one 45 left on the one side, watches as the stand visibly teeters, then walks off, and surprising absolutely no one this causes the stand to careen over and spill weights, including a 45 onto my shin while I'm mid-set. gently caress you, dude. Keep the poo poo balanced!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
People who say "pop." poo poo just sounds so dumb. Call it soda, call it coke, idgaf, just not "pop".

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Bamabalacha posted:

We're driving up to my boyfriend's family cottage in the morning and a huge chunk of the journey is on 400 series highways. And it's Canada Day.

I think every driver will be entering some kind of thunderdome murder brawl en mass.

Best Canada/fourth days I ever had was 2015. We spent both nights hanging out at the Thousand Islands international border bridge watching the binational fireworks, then as soon as we were back past the Ontario border check everyone in the car cracked beers from the trunk while I drove us back to Kingston. Then I caught up, of course. No loving with any traffic or strangers, just friends, fun, and the one place people don't go on National Day of Choice.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

MightyJoe36 posted:

When I lived in Texas, they called all soda/pop "Coke." As in, "I'll have a coke." "What kind?" "Root Beer."

I was born in Texas. Generic coke is worlds better than "pop"

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Magic Hate Ball posted:

What the hell is a gumband

Coke is a type of soda, though. That's like going to a car dealership and saying "hi, can I get a toyota" and the salesperson says "yes what type of toyota" and you say "a ford".

Unless you live in a region where it isn't

Other than "pop" and dumb british words, language means exactly what the locals think it means.

Brits and their boots and jumpers can gently caress off tho

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

do you for real not see the insane double standard here

Nope not at all, I'm absolutely blind to it. WTF is a double standard?

Shut the gently caress up about your flat, pip pip jollyo cheery gently caress YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Mu Zeta posted:

British people don't have flashlights. They call them torches. What the gently caress? Get that 12th century poo poo out of here.

This poster gets it.

gently caress OFF you stupid limeys. No one thinks your accent is cute.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Magic Hate Ball posted:

A kleenex and a band-aid represent one thing, a soda is many things and coke is one specific type.

How so, you stupid rear end foreigner?

You must be mexican or a goon since you have such strong opinions about dyed sweetened carbonated water.

Do you realize that in civiliZed lands, even kleenex and band-aid come in many different varieties? Does your barbarian science differentiate the big ones from the Batman ones?

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 20:01 on Jul 1, 2017

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

teenytinymouse posted:

Tissue, plaster, soft drink, torch

Nobody says hand me a loving Kleenex do they?

Do you also think the british office is the superior office?

kill yourself

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
PHUO: it's disgusting how otherwise-reasonable people get up-in-arms when it comes to "the bad parts" of their own national or linguistic group

Yeah we colonized but we didn't COLONIZE ya know

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Also, when a foreign movie has subtitles for the foreign language but then someone says something in English and there aren't any subtitles at all.

May Contain Nuts posted:

Or when you see an American movie in a foreign country and they put up subtitles in the native language but when an actor then speaks the native language of the country in which you are watching the movie pretending to be speaking yet another foreign language and they remove the English subtitles from the film and don't even replace them because they assume that the audience will understand the pretend foreign language as it is their actual language but I'm not fluent enough to understand everything at full speed in the language.

I realize this is only specific to people who saw Borat in Israel...

These are actually both common complaints in any country, and not things that are at all american.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

So if you are in a region where soda is called coke, is actual Coke called Cormywhumple or what? Coca-Cola Coke?

It's called coke, as all people call it. "A coke" "what kind" "regular"

Truth be told the half-second extra basically destroys the southern economy.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Adults that ride bikes

You look so dumb, get off that goofy poo poo!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Where the hell do you firework-complainers live? I'm in west Texas, aka a national capital of trucks and hicks, and fireworks here get shot off on the fourth and almost only then. Hell, stray fireworks are more likely around the new year, if anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
People being lazy about dishes is infuriating because so much dish nastiness can be easily avoided. A minute or two of basic cleanup before leaving the poo poo in the sink makes the difference between a short, easy full wash later on and a massive, disgusting chore.