Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i'm sure it is a "teaching tool" and not at all creepy or weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bicyclops posted:

i'm sure it is a "teaching tool" and not at all creepy or weird.

its the face of a cartoon girl behind two neutered mount your friends style wiggling barbie dolls and you scissor them while the face blushes and a speech bubble talks about what she thinks kissing might be like.

its not much of a teaching tool or erotic thing. its more like a dumb art game for jim sterling to play and make youtube money.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

its the face of a cartoon girl behind two neutered mount your friends style wiggling barbie dolls and you scissor them while the face blushes and a speech bubble talks about what she thinks kissing might be like.

that sounds pretty creepy to me tbh

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bicyclops posted:

that sounds pretty creepy to me tbh

yeah but it probably wouldn't sell on vita

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

qnqnx posted:

tell me more about the latest in lets play happenings, like if theyre still freaking out about the nofriendo entertainment system namechange

let me tell you about this new thing called "let's plays"

GreaseMonkey
Jun 19, 2001
I don't hug mommy like that.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

apropos to nothing posted:

Long story short: Sex jokes aside, this game does have some interesting ideas about the view of sex to adolescents. Although more of an art project than a game, it only takes a minute or two and is worth at least checking out, no matter what kinds of games you are into.

You can immediately tell how do you Do It? was made in a game jam. It barely has much content at all, and everything about it seems so child-like. And yet, that's the message being conveyed; how a young girl privately learns about sex, dealing with the confusion and embarrassment of it all. While nothing amazing as a game, the experience is interesting and concise in a way that it's worth checking out and even analysing if you have the time.

Pretty much the game is a single screen where you bang 2D ragdoll dolls with each other. The game cuts you off after a minute, and then tells you how many times you "could have had sex". If you go for a little too long, your mum catches you, and the game ends with a negative message. If you stop a bit early, you won't get caught. The game still ends at the same time though, so ultimately the best score is one that can stop just in time before the end.

The ragdoll physics is a little weird. You move both hands with the WASD keys (moving them toward, away, up, and down), and you rotate the dolls clockwise with the J and K keys. You can kind-of jam the dolls against each other, and move your hands away to make the dolls float. The point scoring is also a bit odd because the weird physics can work either for or against your favour.

Ultimately though, this game is great in its art direction. It's aesthetically simple, and has the charm of a DOS styled game. The characters are nicely stylised, and the whole visual design has this nice child-like feel to it. The MIDI music also has that young PC feeling. Nothing amazing, but just stylistically great.

Also, when you're going about the gameplay, the main character's thoughts are printed on the the screen. They're all really well thought out as they all involve what a child would perceive sex as being. There's a lot of confusion, speculation, and curiosity conveyed through the dialogue, all of which adds to the overall theme of the game.

The whole game uses this theme of childhood effectively. The archaic design of the gameplay, visuals, and sound, as well as the writing all add up to that really well. It's not amazing in terms of being a game; it has no more content than a simple Flash game. However, the theme not only makes up for that, but makes it a really compelling experience overall.

RATING: 2 UP, 1 DOWN
My up/down rating system tries to differentiate between games that are mediocre (less ups and downs total), and games that are interesting but flawed (more ups and downs totals). Ups relate to how much good a game has, and downs are how much bad a game has.

the only downs around here are the chromosomes belonging to the dickhead that wrote this review

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I didn't went far enough to watch the birth of that revolutionary rating system, thanks videogames

program666
Aug 22, 2013

the other day the entire literature community was up in arms about someone making some pedagogical books for down syndrome kids, some defending, others attacking, it was a mess, what about that

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Heran Bago posted:

Finally gamers everywhere can teach an 11-year-old girl how to Do It in a work of interactive fiction.

Finally.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

qnqnx posted:

i cant wait for earth to get annihilated in nuclear fire, so I can have all the time to play games without the distractions of fake gamers and their fake games [nuclear armaggedon happens, hands fall off]

The best laid plans of mice and men...and qnqnx...the small man in the forum who wanted nothing but time. qnqnx, now just a part of a smashed landscape, just a piece of the rubble, just a fragment of what man has deeded to himself. qnqnx...in the Twilight Imp Zone.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

program666 posted:

I didn't went far enough to watch the birth of that revolutionary rating system, thanks videogames

it is ok. i am praying to god it is a copy paste or the alternative is yet more pedos on the forums

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Didn't read.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm going to make an art game, which will cost $40, in which you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. the controls will be bad and difficult and make you want to smash your mouse, and if you don't put just the right amount on the bread, the game will restart. at the end, if you make the sandwich right, it will turn out that you're doing it out of grief, as it was your dead sister's favorite lunch. the resulting cathartic tears will trigger your character's menarche. please donate to my kickstarter.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
who the gently caress is named decky

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

I'm going to make an art game, which will cost $40, in which you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. the controls will be bad and difficult and make you want to smash your mouse, and if you don't put just the right amount on the bread, the game will restart. at the end, if you make the sandwich right, it will turn out that you're doing it out of grief, as it was your dead sister's favorite lunch. the resulting cathartic tears will trigger your character's menarche. please donate to my kickstarter.

I'll

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

I am bread already came out.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pewdiepie posted:

I am bread already came out.

what the-?! these fuckers stole my idea!!

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
its about how to do it

how to get away with it

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

FactsAreUseless posted:

qnqnx, 2034: steam update? but it's not fair... there was time now...

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

The best laid plans of mice and men...and qnqnx...the small man in the forum who wanted nothing but time. qnqnx, now just a part of a smashed landscape, just a piece of the rubble, just a fragment of what man has deeded to himself. qnqnx...in the Twilight Imp Zone.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

• Locked thread