Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Once again completely disappointed kyoani isn't doing more nichijou, but it might be salvageable seeing as there's a bari sax player.

edit: also, gently caress french horns.

edit: also, gently caress oboes and bassoons.

Syenite fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Mederlock posted:

As a euphonium player, I can't speak for the string players there but its the general classical musicians thread and its criminally unknown imo.

As for this show, I'm interested in checking it out due to it featuring my instrument of choice, but my expectations for it are so fuckin low. What are your guys' thoughts on what little promotional material has been released?

Do you like drama over who gets to do the solo?

Do you like legs?

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

godbless whoever at kyo ani is drawing all these legs

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wanna be the guy at KyoAni responsible for going 'hmmm, needs more legs'.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I wanna be the guy at KyoAni responsible for going 'hmmm, needs more legs'.

its a girl.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

those are underage legs, dude, come on.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

aers posted:

:mrgw:

----------------

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

aers posted:

Don't mind if I do

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

aers posted:

its a girl.

whichever

aers
Feb 15, 2012

ugh adtrw really has gone downhill lately

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol lately

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

an epic troll would be to like photoshop the legs of the chick with the horn out of that one promo art and give it to someone as an avatar. im lmaoing just thinking about it. could you even imagine?

----------------

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Aaaaaand done. I can't believe I didn't know this existed :smith:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This thread makes me miss my Euphonium :smith:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

For real though RIP Maurice André he basically did this

AnacondaHL posted:

By the way, the most proper way for a trumpet to play in concert orchestra is to get a high F or G trumpet and play as loud and bright as possible.

but with a goddamn piccolo trumpet, absolute badass.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

GorfZaplen posted:

This thread makes me miss my Euphonium :smith:

Go to your local music store and rent one for like 40-60 bucks a month if you can afford it, and join a community band. That's what I did when I first got the itch.

E:

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Have you ever watched any anime by Kyoto Animation?

I've watched Kanon and Clannad, which were alright I guess (baseball dad was the best part of the show) and a few episodes each of haruhi and full metal panic which I didn't really care enough to watch more of because there was way better stuff to watch at the time(LOGH). None of their newer stuff though. If its got good slapstick comedy and good performers doing the actual playing, I might dig it. If its all just moe and panty shot-esque fan service, I'll give up on it pretty quick.

Mederlock fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Mar 25, 2015

aers
Feb 15, 2012

modern kyoani shows dont have "panty-shot esque fanservice" like that.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

aers posted:

modern kyoani shows dont have "panty-shot esque fanservice" like that.

What has it shifted towards these days, other then legslegslegs? Thank Christ we're past that stage

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

----------------

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

so shiny

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mederlock posted:

What has it shifted towards these days, other then legslegslegs? Thank Christ we're past that stage
KyoAni was historically known for their total lack of panty shots, so I don't think this is likely to feature a lot of low-angle shots.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Paracelsus posted:

KyoAni was historically known for their total lack of panty shots, so I don't think this is likely to feature a lot of low-angle shots.

While true, that didn't stop them from showing 50 Cento's entire :yosbutt: in Amagi Brilliant Park.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

a kitten posted:

While true, that didn't stop them from showing 50 Cento's entire :yosbutt: in Amagi Brilliant Park.

If it was in the LN like that, I'm sure they just adapted it as faithfully as they unfortunately could.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Lots of people ITT that washed out of learning to play french horn, the actual best brass instrument.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
No, the actual best brass instrument are the knuckles.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Bauxite posted:

Lots of people ITT that washed out of learning to play french horn, the actual best brass instrument.

This is adorable. You are adorable. :allears:

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I remember in high school the French horns were basically he oboes of the brass section. Kinda annoying and always out of tune.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I was always in the back (percussion) so I couldn't hear them play, but the actual folks who played French Horn in my high school were some of the chillest motherfuckers in the band.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
So am i going to get anything out of this i'm not some sadcase marching band dork or leg fetishist

i took a wrong turn into ADTRW before you ask why i'm even here

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Wallrod posted:

So am i going to get anything out of this i'm not some sadcase marching band dork or leg fetishist

i took a wrong turn into ADTRW before you ask why i'm even here

Do you like anything by KyoAni or anime about cure girls doing cure things

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I was always in the back (percussion) so I couldn't hear them play, but the actual folks who played French Horn in my high school were some of the chillest motherfuckers in the band.

You have to be the chillest to deal with an instrument that's so unnecessarily frustrating. Pretty sure the best use of a french horn I saw was a makeshift bong.

On the plus side, if you went out with the "senior french horn girl" you shot to the top of the band weirdo social pyramid.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I was always in the back (percussion)
"Hitting things" represent.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Steelion posted:

I remember in high school the French horns were basically he oboes of the brass section. Kinda annoying and always out of tune.

If you're bored, go look up Kopprasch's 60 selected studies for french horn. In order just to play the thing well you have to practice that pile of garbage. 16th notes with octaves in between each note? Sure, why not?

I'm still friends with one of the lead trumpets that sat directly behind me for 4 years, and he still occasionally apologizes for blasting notes in my ear.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Just announced as streaming on Crunchyroll.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/sound-euphonium

quote:

First up, it's Sound! Euphonium starting on Tuesday, April 7th at 10:00 am Pacific Time for Crunchyroll users worldwide except for Asia!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

a kitten posted:

Just announced as streaming on Crunchyroll.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/sound-euphonium

Thanks, OP updated.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Bizarre to see a Kyoani show streaming.

TheWhaler
Nov 6, 2009
As a percussionist I'm hoping that they show the percussion section being the dicks we always were. What else do you do in your 80 bars of rest?

AnacondaHL posted:

Playing the trumpet is essentially yelling "SUCK MY DIIIIICK" at everyone within earshot.

Trumpets don't do poo poo compared to the cymbals. I loved terrorizing the poor lower brass with those wonderful things.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Bizarre to see a Kyoani show streaming.

Eh? Free, Chuu2 s2, Tamako, Kyokai were all streamed afaik. Amagi wasn't, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

TheWhaler posted:

As a percussionist I'm hoping that they show the percussion section being the dicks we always were. What else do you do in your 80 bars of rest?

Trumpets don't do poo poo compared to the cymbals. I loved terrorizing the poor lower brass with those wonderful things.

As one who played both trumpet and percussion among other things, I too can confirm that playing percussion is essentially doing the jack-off motion at everyone to various degrees, with the crash cymbals being actual ejaculation at anyone within earshot.

• Locked thread