Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Well, I can sleep easy tonight knowing that the story of Obama preventing World War 3 was just made up to make him look bad.

Fox News crawler for today: Obama threatened to shoot down Israeli jets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

mdemone posted:

Please say you are teasing. Please.

Oop! Jeez, sorry, yes, It was a joke. Though it could be self-fulfilling by the end of the day, knowing Fox News.

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

computer parts posted:

It's probably a thing for a subset of religious conservatives but it's mostly just a meme here.

In the 20th C in the States the most famous right-wing warmongering evangelists preached from the pulpit the same interpretation of the book of Revelations, which included as a key component jews having to bow before Jesus and admit they were wrong at the end times. It's also a perpetuation of the ancient myth of 'the wandering jew,' that the Jewish diaspora was a result of their unwillingness to accept Jesus as the messiah and they won't have a real home until they do. This stuff is so deeply embedded in the American collective unconscious that it's impossible to say just how much of it influences anybody.

But that collective unconscious is where most of the Republican party gets their motivation for things they do. So there's that, too.

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

FlamingLiberal posted:

We're nearing peak Trollbama

I doubt it. I'm sure hoping not. We've got a year and a half to go.

• Locked thread