Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

DemeaninDemon posted:

Really it makes sense the party of Jesus would be pissed at the literal interpretation vs intent/context of a document.

Religious people, and conservatives, are idiots lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
The worst thing that ever happened to D&D was finding that essay about the symptoms of fascism

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
Actually, being anti semitic is cool as hell if the Jew has bad opinions on politics.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
It"s not anti-semitism if you only hate the rich and powerful Jews.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
Smart chill goon: NSA guy was a retard, politician people are retards, heh.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Its rather ironic that he fled to a country that directly represents the things he claims to fight against.

Life's funny that way

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

The Rokstar posted:

Yeah let's just start jailing journalists. That's always gone over well.

yeah what we do is so much better

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/06/obama-abuse-espionage-act-mccarthyism

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is them not saying it such an essential part of the negotiation?

Though I still don't understand why a local PD is asked to negotiate with the feds at all. Do state governments get to negotiate with the federal government in how much they follow the US constitution?

Yes.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
The Clinton's made Vince Foster disappear, scrubbing emails is trivial

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Joementum posted:

Early, but this is the obvious choice for quote of the day, "How many of you have got wolves in your district? None. None. Not one. We've got 79 congressmen sending you a letter, they haven't got a drat wolf in their whole district. I'd like to introduce them in your district. If I introduced them in your district, you wouldn't have a homeless problem anymore." ~ Rep. Don Young (R-AK).

He's not wrong.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
Lol @ "progressive" goons rooting for insane disasters and ridiculous casualties to the people who elected a guy that is dumb about science

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

JonathonSpectre posted:

After using some facts and charts to straight-up demolish some "DURRRR HIGH TAXES ARE HIGH" stupidity, I have literally been told, verbatim, "Yeah, but you got those charts off Google, and everyone knows Google is liberal."

It really, honest-to-God is nothing but a religious belief system now. Who are we to try and understand? Brother Rush and Brother Sean will be by to explain right-think in only a moment.

Conservatives are dumb as hell lol. They are retarded. They think the bad thing and we think the good thing.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

JonathonSpectre posted:

Actually I'd say "They think the things that are contradicted by three-dimensional physical reality and the entire history of the human race and we don't."

I also don't think they are retarded, just scared, angry, and spiteful.

:philhartmanedmcmahon: You are correct sir!

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Joementum posted:

Fun fact: the Democrat who called Cotton "Tehran Tom" was Jared Polis of Colorado, who was also the subject of that Reason Magazine cover story on gamer culture. Polis unwinds by playing Diablo and Civ V.

Republicans play the xbox one

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

His Purple Majesty posted:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/415254/tom-cottons-letter-iran-gets-constitution-right-john-yoo

Heres an editorial in which John "gently caress the Geneva Convention" Yoo informs us on why we should never ever trust anyone from an Ivy.

He's not wrong

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

Cross posting from the 2016 thread

Read this loving :iceburn: Jarvis DeBerry dropped on Jindal

Jindal Hears a Who's That

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/03/bobby_jindal_hears_a_whos_that.html#incart_river

:wow: :drat: :vince:

drat..that's a long thing that I didn't read lol

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
I think the guy who graduated from Duke is a retard because he talked wrong about the internet.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
Oil hasn't bottomed yet (in my opinion) but will stabilize around 60-70. Shale typically stops being profitable around 50, so some of the smaller members of the industry will go bankrupt, but it certainly won't cause an economic collapse, or anything close to it.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
The best way to get involved with politics is to save your time, money, and mental health and just find a different hobby.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Joementum posted:

Quote of the night, "The one thing that puzzled me, the New York Times had a story about how he redecorated his office to look like 'Downton Abbey,' but all I saw were pictures of like Ulysses S. Grant. It's obviously sort of disjunctive in my mind. There were all these pictures of Republican presidents. I don't know what they were doing in 'Downton Abbey.' I suppose you could say, from a certain angle, Herbert Hoover does look a little bit like Maggie Smith depending on the light, but nobody could have been Ulysses S. Grant." ~ Barney Frank, on Aaron Schock's decorating skills.

For reference:

He's not wrong.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

I don't think wishing death is wrong. I hope O'Keefe dies an extremely graphic, painful, and slow death. I hope it's caught on film and is something entirely of his own doing like getting electrocuted while trying to bug another senator's office.

:shepface:

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Joementum posted:

Yeah, but at least they're being very open and direct about their homicidal bigotry, unlike Scott Lively, who got 19,378 people to vote for him to be Governor of Massachusetts last year without mentioning his work helping the Ugandan government implement their own version of the "kill all the gays" law or all those books he'd written about how all the Nazis were only genocidal because they were not-so-secretly all gay.

He's not wrong

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

:airquote: Fiscal Responsibility :airquote:

Because the party that frequently compares the state/national budget to a household budget apparently thinks daddy quitting his job and shunning the bills is a viable scenario.

They're not wrong.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

greatn posted:

Bruno want really doing any science though, he was claiming to have had religious visions and revelations. I think they were more upset about his claiming he has revealed a new truth of God then they were of him claiming against geocentricism. He just got lucky in that regard.

Obviously his treatment was horrible regardless, but he was just another religious guy having kooky visions that happened to be somewhat closer to reality than the style of the time.

He wasn't wrong.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
USPol March presents the 8th Annual Debt Limit Fight: I wonder, would the world as a whole have been better if the Nazis survived

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

Non-Joementum quote of the day

"This is a very interesting conundrum that's developing in the law. If they, at their own will at Microsoft can put something in a computer -- or at Apple -- can put something in that computer [points on a smartphone], which it is, to where nobody but that owner can open it, then why can't they put it in the big giant super computers, that nobody but that owner can open it. And everything gets locked away secretly. And that sounds like a solution to this great cyber attack problem, but in turn it allows those who would do us harm [chuckles] to have a tool to do a great deal of harm where law enforcement can't reach them. ~ John Carter, R-MarsTX

He's not wrong.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Fried Chicken posted:

I generally don't like playing the "GOP Lawmaker says" game, and particularly don't like extending it out to non-elected officials or the general right wing, but for a piece of crap like Todd Kincannon I'll make an exception

Former SCGOP head accused of threatening his wife

For those who don't remember, Todd Kincannon once tweeted this

Yeah...

His whole timeline is full of poo poo like that. But rather revealing now
He's not wrong.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Mauser posted:

is it possible for posting privileges be restricted by forum?

my posts are better than yours:

Mauser posted:

it's logical if you think about it from a capitalist perspective in that pure capitalism's end game is enslavement of labor. Mix in a little just world fallacy and you get the slavery apologist in the year of our lord 2015 edit: the gay thing is a whiplash inducing non sequitur though

• Locked thread