Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

The planet CYBERTRON is still going into shutdown, and with the dwindling energy reserves reaching fatal levels, AUTOBOT and DECEPTICON alike now make a desperate bid for the last remaining ship off planet: THE ARK.

Friends turn against friends, ancient rivals set apart their differences, and all bets are off as the war is set aside in favour of one final goal: SURVIVAL.

CHARACTER CREATION:

There will be three stages to character creation, all done through PMs.

Join the game by picking a difficulty level below in a Private Message:

GAME BEGINS:

The game begins when the lobby is full.

THIS GAME WILL ALSO NOT OPEN UNTIL TWO OTHER AUSPOL MAFIA GAMES HAVE BEEN COMPLETED.

The Post below this one will reveal whether the game is accepting more players.

If at any time before the game starts you wish to leave the game, PM me and I'll reopen the lobby.

THE RULES:

- Days are 12 hours long. From 12pm to 12am.
- Day 1 will start once two other Auspol Mafia games have been completed and all Characters are built.
- No editing of your posts.
- There are no millers or death millers or reverse death millers or anti-reverse death millers in this game. That being said, expect roles. Transformers have cool abilities and so do you!
- Role explanations: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Roles but feel free to PM me for any clarifications!
- Do not quote or reference anything given to you in a Mod PM other than your Character Name, your Alignment or your Role. Even then these may not be quoted from the PM itself.
- No Deadposting.
- Posting about this game in the chat thread is a modkill.
- Deliberately posting after the hammer is a modkill.
- Transform, and Roll Out!

Asphyxious fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Mar 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

LOOKING FOR A HOST SERVER...
  1. Anidav
  2. Avshalom
  3. Bifauxnen
  4. Birdstrike
  5. black_tangled
  6. busb
  7. Fruity Gordo
  8. Gough Suppressant
  9. Gwynplaine
  10. Kat Delacour
  11. Milky Moor
  12. Mithranderp
  13. Seagull
  14. SKY COQ
  15. Splode
  16. thatbastardken
  17. Those On My Left
  18. Tirade
  19. Uber Kosh
  20. white mans burping
  21. Zetsubou-san

Asphyxious fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Mar 23, 2015

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

DAY ONE WILL BE 6 HOURS LONG, FROM 3PM TILL 9PM.

Then the fun begins...

Asphyxious fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 24, 2015

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

GENERATING ROLE DATA

GAME BEGINS 3PM TOMORROW

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

:siren: ALL ROLE PM'S HAVE NOW BEEN SENT OUT, CONTACT ME FOR ANY QUERIES OR CLARIFICATION:siren:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

WELCOME TO ESCALATION

This will be a little different from other games, so I'll debrief you on the changes.

DAY PHASE

Day will be from 12pm - 12am Melbourne time.

HAMMER

We are NOT playing to Hammer. Most votes at deadline wins. Tied votes = both die.

THE FLIP

The flip will be broadcast the following day. Don't stay up late killing yourself for a reveal, just go to bed. Take it easy. Flip will occur before noon.

NIGHT PHASE

Night Phase will be at least a full 24 hours, as opposed to my usual 3 hours. Gives all of you geared up robots time to mull over your skills and targets.

This means you'll only be posting in the thread every OTHER day.

DAY ONE

Day one will be from 3pm to 9pm Melbourne time TODAY.

HELP!!

Confused about anything? Please send me a PM, I'm more than happy to clarify any concerns you have about the game and your roles.

It's better to check in advance than be told "you can't do that" after trying to use an ability.

GAME BEGINS SHORTLY

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

SOUNDTRACK FOR THIS GAME:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx6FV2qR2TY

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

EPILOGUE: PROLOGUE

After the last effort to leave the planet CYBERTRON was thwarted by the warmongering COMBATICONS, MEGATRON and ONSLAUGHT set about destroying the ships, stranding AUTOBOT and DECEPTICON alike on the war-torn planet FOREVER.

With the battle over, the combined forces of the Autobots and Decepticons had time to recover from their deaths, apparently, and now realise they are stranded.

Or so it seemed.

ONE ship remained. One final ARK, loaded up with some of Cybertron's finest minds and dedicated colonists. However you are a solider, and as such have no place on this one last ship of hope.

IRONHIDE: "Sorry little buddy, this ship ain't got the space fer a military detachment, I'd say it's only got space fer four t' five soldiers tops. Ya ain't gettin' on board."

Yeah, that's what he thinks!

All around the Ark, Autobots and Decepticons use TELETRAAN-1 access points to equip themselves for the brutal battle ahead.

Old alliances are forgotten. Subtelty is thrown out the window. There are only two options: Fight your way onto the ship, or die with the planet.

No matter the cost, YOU will survive!!

WAVE ONE BEGINS

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (21): Anidav, Avshalom, Bifauxnen, Birdstrike, black_tangled, busb, Fruity Gordo, Gough Suppressant, Gwynplaine, Kat Delacour, Milky Moor, Mithranderp, Seagull, SKY COQ, Splode, thatbastardken, Those On My Left, Tirade, Uber Kosh, white mans burping, Zetsubou-san

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 24th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 6 hours, 5 minutes.

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
first post

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Hi soag

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Also hi to busb. You'll be happy to know that we've learned nothing.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

I would have been first but I was too busy rockin out to the recommended listening.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
This would have been better:

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
bienvenue hon hon hon

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
A shining new first day is upon us.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

This would have been better:

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
##vote anidav

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

:agreed:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Hail, Autobots and Decepticons.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Howdy, how we all doing?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I may not be available later in the evening since I'm cleaning up my old place, but do not fear, I have outsourced my D1 scumhunting to a contractor that I'm assured has a much higher success rate than Auspol.

Result: 11 (Milky Moor) haha seriously? nah, let's try again

Result: 8

##vote Gough Suppressant

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

brb simulating this game in python

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bifauxnen posted:

I may not be available later in the evening since I'm cleaning up my old place, but do not fear, I have outsourced my D1 scumhunting to a contractor that I'm assured has a much higher success rate than Auspol.

Result: 11 (Milky Moor) haha seriously? nah, let's try again

Result: 8

##vote Gough Suppressant

Seems reasonable.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Those On My Left posted:

brb simulating this game in python

Do not believe his lies

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Let's randomly make this game a living hell for TOML

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

black_tangled posted:

Let's randomly make this game a living hell for TOML

I knew you would never forgive me.

Gough Suppressant posted:

Do not believe his lies

True story: SK and I ran 200 simulations of our game (minus a few of the pro-town roles, which I hadn't coded). It has a 65% win rate for town.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Is anyone willing to hazard a guess at what the different difficulty levels mean? This is my first mafia, I read some old threads but hadn't seen that before. They could mean nothing I guess :confused:

Also lol if you chose easy mode.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Those On My Left posted:

True story: SK and I ran 200 simulations of our game (minus a few of the pro-town roles, which I hadn't coded). It has a 65% win rate for town.

I believe there were significant variables you failed to include.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

Is anyone willing to hazard a guess at what the different difficulty levels mean? This is my first mafia, I read some old threads but hadn't seen that before. They could mean nothing I guess :confused:

Also lol if you chose easy mode.

I would guess complexity of role?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Those On My Left posted:

I ran my own simulation and there is a 90% death rate for TOML.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Gough Suppressant posted:

I would guess complexity of role?

Is this a roleclaim

black_tangled posted:

:(

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Those On My Left posted:

Is this a roleclaim
:rolleyes:

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

black_tangled posted:

TOML the vanilla town and twenty scum millers. Scum victory condition is getting toml to drop the hammer on his own head.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I'm out at uni, will be home in a few hours to scumhunt :getin:

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
first day sucks

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Good afternoon friends, it is absolutely pissing down here and i'm out of tp this is an issue

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

if town want any kind of victory in this game we have to look past old grudges and petty vendettas. Play the game, not the player.

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015

thatbastardken posted:

if town want any kind of victory in this game we have to look past old grudges and petty vendettas. Play the game, not the player.

sounds like a pretty scummy thing to say kenny

you're not in a scum team with anidav, are you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
So, the most-votes lynch rules means that scum basically get a free pass because they can +1 votes as required, but obviously would want to avoid dog piling a single candidate because it makes them easy pickings end game. Interesting.

Not sure if we should start with no-vote until we have data to pinpoint scum? Or, if we all roll a random number, and assuming scum still avoids piling a single candidate, we could still get a d1 data lynch without letting scum have too much sway?

Ideas? Thoughts?

• Locked thread