Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«52 »
  • Locked thread
G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

        BILLS
                              LOWTAX

Sorry he didn't quote it, he said she said a thing that I can't find the thing she said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

vote for the milkman for he is a bad poster

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010



Tirade posted:

3) it's d1.

on d1 you throw poo poo around and try to get things started, but walking away from a dispute and hoping that no one notices is infinitely more scummy than either doggedly pursuing it or admitting you were wrong and backing off

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

        BILLS
                              LOWTAX

##vote white mans burping

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Those On My Left posted:

admitting you were wrong and backing off

lol

Bernstrike
Oct 30, 2008

Bern To Run


Bifauxnen posted:

Out of these three, I could go with...

##vote gwynplaine

Any particular reason for that? Not implying anything just asking.

Bernstrike
Oct 30, 2008

Bern To Run


What's happening, Fruity Gordo?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."


Sorry guys! I really properly spaced on today and got sidetracked trying to buy grommets.
Turns out nobody even knows what a grommet is around here. I am reviewing all the posts and I'll have something good soon. Very sorry.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE


Birdstrike posted:

Any particular reason for that? Not implying anything just asking.

Well, Avs sounds like she is intending to get back in the game ASAP and mentioned her schedule ahead of time. Milky's probably also going to show up soon making up for lost time like crazy cause Transformers.

But Gwyn, even if Gwyn does show up, it might be really drat hard to read him and ever tell if he's town.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Birdstrike posted:

What's happening, Fruity Gordo?

my brother got engaged

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004



Also splode hasn't posted yet you missed that toml

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Bifauxnen posted:

Milky's probably also going to show up soon making up for lost time like crazy cause Transformers.

sounds like a good reason to vote for him

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

I'm still trying to figure out plurality, so that's where my mind is atm

Bernstrike
Oct 30, 2008

Bern To Run


Bifauxnen posted:

Well, Avs sounds like she is intending to get back in the game ASAP and mentioned her schedule ahead of time. Milky's probably also going to show up soon making up for lost time like crazy cause Transformers.

But Gwyn, even if Gwyn does show up, it might be really drat hard to read him and ever tell if he's town.

Haha Gwyn showed up, and the rest of that sounds a bit metagamey for me.

Fruity Gordo posted:

my brother got engaged

Mazeltov!

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004



Those On My Left posted:

on d1 you throw poo poo around and try to get things started, but walking away from a dispute and hoping that no one notices is infinitely more scummy than either doggedly pursuing it or admitting you were wrong and backing off

Yeah that plus tbk chiming in (could be a joke) really seemed questionable to me.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."


Seagull posted:

sounds like a good reason to vote for him

You seem to have a bit of a hard on for getting rid of milky. This is like your fourth post with that theme. Why is that?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Uber Kosh posted:

You seem to have a bit of a hard on for getting rid of milky. This is like your fourth post with that theme. Why is that?

he can and will talk about transformers lore

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004



Gwynplaine posted:

Sorry guys! I really properly spaced on today and got sidetracked trying to buy grommets.
Turns out nobody even knows what a grommet is around here. I am reviewing all the posts and I'll have something good soon. Very sorry.

You are attempting to procure a small child probably for sex trafficking. Obv.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.


Fruity Gordo posted:

my brother got engaged

##unvote

Sentimental nonsense, I know, but deep within my chassis beats the spark of a romantic.

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015


black_tangled posted:

Yeah that plus tbk chiming in (could be a joke) really seemed questionable to me.

i cant be bothered going back through 10 mafia games

but there was one where you just went completley MIA after three days, and i wanted to get you kicked out of the next game but TOML was all like no please don't do that i know black tangled IRL and theyre just busy but they will play the next game

and then you didnt post in the next game either



unless im thinking of SK but im pretty sure it's you. anyway i didn't pursue because it was a throw away comment rather than an attempt to get people to vote for you.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004



white mans burping posted:

i cant be bothered going back through 10 mafia games

but there was one where you just went completley MIA after three days, and i wanted to get you kicked out of the next game but TOML was all like no please don't do that i know black tangled IRL and theyre just busy but they will play the next game

and then you didnt post in the next game either



unless im thinking of SK but im pretty sure it's you. anyway i didn't pursue because it was a throw away comment rather than an attempt to get people to vote for you.

I'm pretty sure I never wrecked a game by being busy.

If you are going to cast aspersions even if it is a "throwaway comment" it might be good to you know, know who you are talking about.

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015


actually TOML you are suss as gently caress

why are you trying to get people to pile in on top of me, for what was clearly a throw away remark, followed up by me saying "but i'm not voting for you so it doesn't matter"


This is some very very sketchy reasoning here, and is wilfully misreading my post. There's no way this kind of misread can be accidental. 75% chance you're scum, 25% chance you're an idiot.

##vote Those On My Left

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004



Anyway I still think that tirade is looking pretty sus for making the ultimate safe scum play with a d1 anidav vote.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."


Seagull posted:

he can and will talk about transformers lore

Seems to be a weak argument. We're playing a transformers themed game, after all. What's wrong with a little extra flavour text?

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015


black_tangled posted:

I'm pretty sure I never wrecked a game by being busy.

If i could be bothered, I would go back and find the thread but

It was like the second or third mafia game since everyone started playing again

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Uber Kosh posted:

Seems to be a weak argument. We're playing a transformers themed game, after all. What's wrong with a little extra flavour text?

it is extremely Not Good

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Red wine can also be used with capitalists.


bold the vote wmb

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division


Pillbug

scroat you need to bold your votes.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004



Uber Kosh posted:

Seems to be a weak argument. We're playing a transformers themed game, after all. What's wrong with a little extra flavour text?

Lol. "What's wrong with a little extra flavour text" he says.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd



black_tangled posted:

Yeah that plus tbk chiming in (could be a joke) really seemed questionable to me.

shitposting on day one is the right of all sentient beings.

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015


##vote Those On My Left



I also went for the D1 anidav vote and i'm not scum so i think that's hardly conclusive


voting for anidav is just plain funny

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE


Actually, whether people have posted or not, there's a lot of people not voting and with 30 minutes to go, this is looking pretty drat dangerous cause it takes only 1 or 2 votes to sway things and get a bunch of people tied by "accident" at the last second.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division


Pillbug

SKY COQ posted:

##unvote

Sentimental nonsense, I know, but deep within my chassis beats the spark of a romantic.

Bullshit. Within your chassis hides the starving vampire of a lawyer.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."


I get the impression I am very easy to read. Just not accurately. And this game may be no different, we'll see how I do.
Trouble is, I have been vanilla town once and was a huge bumbler. Since then I have been scum power roles twice where I could get advice from actual good players via the scum doc. This time I'm town again and thus have no advice or coaching, so I guess if if more experienced players are trying to size me up they need but ask themselves.

'Is Gwyn posting like a massive idiot or just weird?'

Me? I can't tell. I post like I post.

If I'm posting like a big idiot and I'm setting off your scumdar, based on what I know of myself then I'm probably actually town.

My own feelings so far is that Splode tends to be quieter when scum and that zetsubo is behind it all.

##vote Splode

Not something I say lightly, as I rather like Splode and tend to dread being his opponent.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd



white mans burping posted:

actually TOML you are suss as gently caress

why are you trying to get people to pile in on top of me, for what was clearly a throw away remark, followed up by me saying "but i'm not voting for you so it doesn't matter"


This is some very very sketchy reasoning here, and is wilfully misreading my post. There's no way this kind of misread can be accidental. 75% chance you're scum, 25% chance you're an idiot.

##vote Those On My Left

wow you are super keen to throw shade on TOML but you still can't get your voting syntax right.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

YOLO FRONTLINE


Oh and since TBK showed up, was that vote for me actually serious or are you just leaving it as a jokevote?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd



##unvote

##vote white mans burping

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004



white mans burping posted:

If i could be bothered, I would go back and find the thread but

It was like the second or third mafia game since everyone started playing again

Cool cool. Well white mans burping is literally hitler but you all have to believe me because

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd



Bifauxnen posted:

Oh and since TBK showed up, was that vote for me actually serious or are you just leaving it as a jokevote?

it was a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.


Tirade posted:

Bullshit. Within your chassis hides the starving vampire of a lawyer.

I work in PR. Different monster.

  • Locked thread
«52 »