Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hang on, that TOML thing sounds like the "Gutbuster brownies" Gwyn said he gave him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
There are some things I left out in my earlier role claims that I am now happy to expound upon.

I am Soundwave. In addition to tracking and watching, I also had three-shot inventor. My inventions are my companions Laserbeak, Rumble and Frenzy.

I was provided absolutely no information about what they do besides their names. I am fairly certain that Laserbeak has an intel function. I have no idea what Rumble or Frenzy do, but I would guess that at least one is a roleblocker.

On N1 I had a town read on Kat and thought she wouldn't be NK'd because she guessed wrong on Splode. So I sent Frenzy to her directly, which is why I had nothing to add to the lightning rod theory.

N2 I watched WMB; he was ninja'd.

I have despatched my other companions to others I had town reads on; they don't need to come forward.

I was worries that one of my inventions (particularly Frenzy) may have gone rogue during the day and bombed Bif, but I really doubt they can be active during the day.

I will be happy to answer any more questions if you have them.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Oh yeah Bif.

I don't think we should be massclaiming our stuff yet, we have roles out there that we need to protect that are doing a good job and if we start narrowing down things the scum might get back into the game.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Those On My Left posted:

i'm going to close this thread now and try not to open it for the rest of the day. really sick of this game at this point. gaspy i appreciate your experimentation with longer night phases, but i am now completely convinced that with mafia a quick game's a good game. i'm exhausted with this one by now, really tired of auspol's tolerance for non-contributing non-players, and lovely unrevisable theorising

I am happy to oblige my friend.

##vote Those On My Left

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
my vote for splode was a lucky guess and I did it bc he was in the lead and I only wanted one person to get lynched, so i could just as easily voted another way and then I would be on the wrong side of ALL the lynches. I think it's kind of weird that I'm getting 'townie cred' for that and I think that's the second time bif has explicitly said that so hmmm. if everyone is convinced of my being town as that narrative suggests, I would look closely at people being most vocal in pushing it

can we please lynch anidav though, he has done so many scummy things and the 'poor old anidav always gets lynched early' is bullshit as all the games I've seen him in have had him lasting until at least d3, and 2 x lynchproof seems so unlikely. if he was scum and got that list ability as a gift from town accidentally then the perfect time to blow it would be on a no-lynch, since he can still claim 'oh I tried to use this thing for the benefit of the town but, you know, I'm a loveable goof'

##vote anidav

just once I would like to lynch anidav

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

busb posted:

Oh yeah Bif.

I don't think we should be massclaiming our stuff yet, we have roles out there that we need to protect that are doing a good job and if we start narrowing down things the scum might get back into the game.

One thing I hadn't touched on at all when I prepared that post to get in ASAP-before-I-maybe-blow-up is we avoided a nightkill again. So yeah, that's a good point... we could just go on existing cases without needing to pin more claims down yet and then see who's left I guess.

Based on the numbers I think we may likely have 2 scum left for a total of 6. Maaaybe 3 scum for a total of 7. 7 scum out of 21 players would be 33%, pretty much the top end of what's recommended in a sane Mafia game. But since one of them was an unconnected traitor, that drawback makes it still a decent possibility.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
I would say 7 scum at least, we had the same amount of players in the last game and there were 6 people in one scum team and another scum floating around in the wilderness

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
The fact that it's role madness could lead to more scum being added too, since it significantly beefs up towns agency

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
You count traitors as half a scum when balancing usually, so i'd guess 6 in the main team plus the traitor, but 7 plus the traitor could be possible.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
one role claim that might be helpful is if we can try to figure out what bifs timer thing is and who received it maybe

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gwyn explaining those devices and why he gave one to TOML, and the "gutbuster brownies" appearing to be legit does ease some of those lingering paranoid doubts I had about Gwyn. So yeah, I'm still pretty suss on TOML for focusing mostly on Gwyn as an excuse to ignore a lot of better stuff. But I think Gough would be another good alternative.

Tie vote of whoever-it-is with Anidav would be the best though. :getin:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I have no information that would help save Bif or i would share~

Okay one thing has just occurred to me....
What if the scum actually don't have a nightkill? Instead they are able to plant killswitches on a player each night and can choose when to detonate them. So they might have chosen a delayed one for bif, but loads of us could be running around with them unknowingly.

It's really odd to have so many killess nights :tinfoil:

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
I'd vote for either TOML or Anidav today. I still don't like the idea of trying to tie the votes and would prefer not to aim for it. What we've been doing so far has worked well for us, let's not gently caress with it.

Also I'm on a plane at about 10pm tonight and don't know if I'm going to have internet so my mafia playing is going to be drastically reduced if I survive beyond tonight. I won't ask for a modkill at this stage because I should be able to jump on wifi hotspots and I'll probably only need five minutes or so each day to vote TOML or Anidav for a few days anyhow.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

busb posted:

I have no information that would help save Bif or i would share~

Okay one thing has just occurred to me....
What if the scum actually don't have a nightkill? Instead they are able to plant killswitches on a player each night and can choose when to detonate them. So they might have chosen a delayed one for bif, but loads of us could be running around with them unknowingly.

It's really odd to have so many killess nights :tinfoil:

There is a simple explanation for this re last night which I observed with my watching. However I am going to hold off on the details just now.

I think Gough is a good choice, my feel seems to be he shows up at the last minute and just kinda goes along with what is happening at the time. The vote on Anidav really seemed wrong to me- I was pointing out his deception but not necessarily claiming he was scum- my feeling is that scum reveal power has to be town aligned.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

black_tangled posted:

The vote on Anidav really seemed wrong to me- I was pointing out his deception but not necessarily claiming he was scum- my feeling is that scum reveal power has to be town aligned.

I thought so too but then someone suggested it could have been an invention that was given to him.

If anyone saw Anidav out last night please report it so we have an additional reason to lynch him.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Anidav was not active last night.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
##vote Those On My Left

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Bon voyage Tirade~

##vote Those on my Left

I still think Anidav is 3P at best and would love to dual lynch.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I have not received any inventions. I did not visit anyone last night and I am not 3rd party. I did not visit in compliance with others request and I've voted pretty much only for scum so far.

You can do a dual lynch if you want, I guess proving my claims is a pretty good reason to waste one of them. I still don't like feeling any more vulnerable than I have to be. Any scum left would love to bite a chunk out of it so be careful for any last minute bus rocking.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Haha, I wish I could influence Anidav with my playstyle a bit more.

:byodame: "WOOOO I'M GONNA BLOW THE gently caress UP BWAHAHA!"

:ohdear: "Oh no, what if I end up being only regular lynchproof instead of DOUBLE lynchproof??"

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Gaspy I'm extremely sorry but I don't get the reference in the flavour text.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

Haha, I wish I could influence Anidav with my playstyle a bit more.

:byodame: "WOOOO I'M GONNA BLOW THE gently caress UP BWAHAHA!"

:ohdear: "Oh no, what if I end up being only regular lynchproof instead of DOUBLE lynchproof??"

Yeah Anidav's chief concern - as always - is looking out for #1.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Someone night kill Anidav, tia

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tirade posted:

Gaspy I'm extremely sorry but I don't get the reference in the flavour text.

I think I read it refers to The Sopranos final episode. I haven't seen that though.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
in a surprise twist scum have been trying to kill anidav every night, but the doctor keeps saving him, thus perpetuating this game forever more

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Gough who are your picks?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I just want to note in case anyone was actually wondering that I am voting TOML because:

1. Threw suspicion on Mith and Gwyn yesterday. Voted Gwyn, stormed off, Mith flipped scum.
2. Gwyn showed up later to explain some things which happened, TOML has yet to engage with any of that.
3. The D1 unvote.

Helping him not have to worry about this annoying game is just a side benefit for me.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
#1 on my list is Gwyn by a long way

I can see some arguments for TOML and wouldn't hate voting for him, but not entirely convinced.

Anidav is either scum or the worst loving townie in history, and since we already know he is the worst townie in history I'll reserve judgement on that point.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
But there are also some posters who have laid low and I don't have any real read on which makes me suspicious of them too.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Gough Suppressant posted:

But there are also some posters who have laid low and I don't have any real read on which makes me suspicious of them too.

Yeah Zets has played a quiet game as usual. Fruity too, but I'm still convinced that she's town with that Splode vote on d1.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Welp, I don't have much else to say really. It probably won't even do me any good to cast a vote if I blow up before it can be counted at the end of the day. For anyone keeping tabs on all the claims so far, I'd spent up all my powers already and had nothing left to do the night before.

One last thing I think might be fun to do is an experiment for the pure hell of it. Does this thing go faster when I cast just ANY vote? Since it activated after I voted Mith, and I've started getting suss on Anidav, I got to wondering, what if it speeds up when I vote for non-townies or something? That would be way too good to be true to give me a literal scumdar, but then again, pushing it further to actually test the possibility may not have been expected, and may cause a quick detonation in any case.

Instead of just waiting around to blow up, I'd like to at least test the hypothesis. :science:

##vote bifauxnen

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
when you guys keep saying I'm town that is an invitation for scum to just nk me because it means they probably won't get very much traction trying to start a lynch train against me, so it feels a bit anti-town

busb that idea of kill switches is kinda interesting. if I was a scum I'd plant a whole bunch of them and then wait ages until it gets close to lylo and then let me all rip at once BUT I can't see that being the only mechanism for scum kills since there was still at least one ninja hanging around presumably trying to knife people

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
TOML is almost certainly affected by the gutbuster brownies today.

I have not been able to confirm Birds' invention alignments - having theorised that there is a False Inventor out I was a bit wary of using something labelled "tiny Decepticon".

While this may not be the most ideal placement I want to get it out there.

Anidav is lying about his role because he has claimed Sensor as one of his innate powers. This is false, he used a metabomb he was given N2. I was also given one on N1, I don't know if there are any more in the game but I'm going to guess not - it would be too easy otherwise, even with Anidav squandering the first one. The other reason I know he received his Metabomb N2 is because when I received mine on N1 it was very light on details. On submitting my N2 actions I asked Gaspy to clarify how the metabomb worked and what it would return if I theoretically used it on a tied or failed lynch. I believe when Gaspy sent out the metabomb later he added the "successful" qualifier to avoid the confusion. I also believe, from his complete and utter failure to use it appropriately AND lying about his actual role, he is 3P or scum.

So ... *squints* activate the

##metabomb

BIF NO WHY!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Bif the suicide bomber

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Fruity Gordo posted:

when you guys keep saying I'm town that is an invitation for scum to just nk me because it means they probably won't get very much traction trying to start a lynch train against me, so it feels a bit anti-town

For the record, I'm saying that one vote sure seems hella townie, but we should NOT get hung up on that if you continue to not lynch any more scum ever. It's a good reason to delay you over people that seem more suss, but not worth putting you in the "oh yeah totally cleared" category.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I never received anything. What's a metabomb?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
im scared hold me auspol :ohdear:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

I never received anything. What's a metabomb?

Asphyxious posted:

YOU HAVE ACTIVATED THE METABOMB!!

I AM HERE TO TELL YOU HOW MANY SCUM WERE PART OF YESTERDAY'S LYNCH!

THERE WAS NO LYNCH YESTERDAY!!

THANK YOU FOR USING THE METABOMB!!

:rolleyes:

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
*opens one eye*

Gaspy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Bifauxnen posted:

hang on, that TOML thing sounds like the "Gutbuster brownies" Gwyn said he gave him.

Birdstrike posted:

There are some things I left out in my earlier role claims that I am now happy to expound upon.

I am Soundwave. In addition to tracking and watching, I also had three-shot inventor. My inventions are my companions Laserbeak, Rumble and Frenzy.

I was provided absolutely no information about what they do besides their names. I am fairly certain that Laserbeak has an intel function. I have no idea what Rumble or Frenzy do, but I would guess that at least one is a roleblocker.

On N1 I had a town read on Kat and thought she wouldn't be NK'd because she guessed wrong on Splode. So I sent Frenzy to her directly, which is why I had nothing to add to the lightning rod theory.

N2 I watched WMB; he was ninja'd.

I have despatched my other companions to others I had town reads on; they don't need to come forward.

I was worries that one of my inventions (particularly Frenzy) may have gone rogue during the day and bombed Bif, but I really doubt they can be active during the day.

I will be happy to answer any more questions if you have them.

So this is interesting. Look at how birdstrike's inventions are named, compared to 'gutbuster brownies'. I'm gonna go check Gwyns posts to see if those are the words he used but that's a weird discrepancy and I know which flavour I'm more inclined to believe, unless someone flavour claims as one of the transformers bird says he invented

• Locked thread