Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

brb simulating this game in python

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

black_tangled posted:

Let's randomly make this game a living hell for TOML

I knew you would never forgive me.

Gough Suppressant posted:

Do not believe his lies

True story: SK and I ran 200 simulations of our game (minus a few of the pro-town roles, which I hadn't coded). It has a 65% win rate for town.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

I would guess complexity of role?

Is this a roleclaim

black_tangled posted:

I ran my own simulation and there is a 90% death rate for TOML.

:(

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

The plurality voting has me really worried. Sweeroy once started a game which suggested it had that mechanic and there was a lot of "what the hell happens if there are like five people on two votes at the end of the game" type discussion. Fortunately that game was hammer, but this one isn't, and so those worries are now actually relevant.

So I guess the main thing to avoid is a tie (or, worse, a three or four-way tie) at the end of the day.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

black_tangled posted:

I'm going to be hardline on this after the Mario game.

I agree.

FYI all I'm out for dinner tonight, but my current plan is to check in when I get home and see if any day actions have happened that would alter the calculus. If none have, I'm going to vote for someone with a low post count.

D1 we have literally no info apart from posting histories (unless a day action happens). As such it's an ideal opportunity to weed out players who are either simply unhelpfully unproductive or who are trying to coast as scum.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

What about those of us padding our post counts with empty platitudes?

I'm asking for a friend.

trap sprung, you don't have any friends

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

white mans burping posted:

i was saying you have had several mysterious (and game-wrecking) absences in other games i've played

black_tangled posted:

But I'm curious, what game did I wreck with my mysterious absence?

just to highlight this, soag threw shade on black_tangled with non-specifics, but when asked to back it up he declined to do so and just started ignoring her instead

possible explanations:

1) scum
2) just flinging poo poo at a woman, because soag

so, milky moor, gwynplaine and avs are still yet to vote. i will withhold my vote for now, but will vote for whichever of these three will break a tie before hammer, so that only one person gets lynched today

alternatively, i will happily vote for soag for what should be pretty obvious reasons

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

sorry, i said milky/gwyn/avs are yet to vote, i meant they're yet to post

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Tirade posted:

3) it's d1.

on d1 you throw poo poo around and try to get things started, but walking away from a dispute and hoping that no one notices is infinitely more scummy than either doggedly pursuing it or admitting you were wrong and backing off

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

actually TOML you are suss as gently caress

why are you trying to get people to pile in on top of me, for what was clearly a throw away remark, followed up by me saying "but i'm not voting for you so it doesn't matter"

This is some very very sketchy reasoning here, and is wilfully misreading my post. There's no way this kind of misread can be accidental. 75% chance you're scum, 25% chance you're an idiot.

##vote Those On My Left

riiiiiight, the way you defamed black_tangled and still can't back it up was just a "throwaway remark", ok

i mean, really, this says it all

black_tangled posted:

Cool cool. Well white mans burping is literally hitler but you all have to believe me because :effort:

anyway, b_t_ thanks for pointing out that splode still hasn't posted. it is nice to see that gwyn has finally shown up

also note this:

Kat Delacour posted:

Soag says Avs is out for a few days in post not made, avs arrives and votes for the alternative vote leader.

anyway soag is second to splode and i don't want him to catch up and force a tie and have two deaths. i'm suss on splode but it's d1 and i'm not sure so lynching one rather than two is safer.

ordinarily the lynch is town's only tool, and so it is arguable that lynching two for the price of one is actually a bonus. but this game is expected to be role heavy and so it's unlikely that lynching is the town's only tool. even if it is, that tool is better deployed once we have a bit more info - gaspy has said this game will be role heavy with a large emphasis on night actions, and so I would expect that tomorrow we will all more to go on.

so

##vote Splode

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

##unvote

Too much scum on the Splode train I fear.

actually, in a plurality game where tied lynches are possible and where town is very likely to have useful night actions, the much scummier action is to try to undermine the bandwagon, because that is much more likely to force a tie. scumhunters: look at people who are jumping off the splode train, look at people who are voting for the second and third placers

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

scummy as gently caress imo

somebody help me i'm agreeing with soag

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

you idiots

##unvote

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

when i unvoted, we were tied.

my unvote should have avoided a tie (I spent all of D1 explaining why I didn't want to have a tie), but fruity jumped on immediately afterwards and hosed it up

maybe instead of voting for the guy who was simply trying to avoid a tie after spending an entire day explaining why he didn't want ties, you should vote for any of the posters who flat out said "lol let's lynch everyone, let's split the vote, let's get a tie" - avshalom and white mans burping. idk maybe have a look at voting for those people, who are literally the reason why milky, our bulletproof doublevoting vigilante, is now dead. if they'd never started that poo poo, splode, who I was voting for, would've been the only death - a scum death, a very successful lynch.

honestly, voting for me is really stupid. exhibit a: anidav's doing it.

##vote white mans burping

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

black_tangled posted:

Really busb? This is the sum total of wmb contribution to voting splode.

no no, wmb is a really good scumhunting townie, which is why he hosed up a solid train on splode and caused milky's lynch

it's also why he spent the first day throwing shade on you and then being completely unable to back it up

wmb is a town hero and we should all be very proud of him

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

WMB was claiming it'd be a "big mistake" to lynch him though
reminder: anidav pulls this poo poo everytime anyone ever talks about lynching him. so, you know, maybe don't attach too much value to it.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

those on my left]

why did you unvote at 9.one minute before hammer instead of throwing your vote in another direction?
you are actually right about this, if I had voted for milky fruity's vote wouldn't have forced the tie back. but i didn't see that in the heat of the moment. the fact remains that if fruity hadn't voted (something over which I have no control), my unvoting would have achieved my objective of avoiding a tie.

so, okay soag, a question for you now:

why did you want to split the vote? why did you vote for milky moor in the first place?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Avshalom posted:

i mean uh, what sort of townie wants multiple lynches? v suspicious imo. clearly scum.

This is a funny joke. The joke is that Avs is saying that wanting multiple lynches is a scum tell. This is funny because Avs herself explicitly pushed for a tie on D1, and is doing the same thing on D2.

Avs' push for a tie on D1 was a huge success. It lead to us losing a bulletproof, doublevoting vigilante; this didn't need to happen, and it only happened because people like Avs pushed for a tie.

I can totally see why Avs would want a repeat performance on D2.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

a very very chill person posted:

its a loving joke toml jesus christ you need to chill the gently caress out and lynch yourself

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

its a loving joke toml jesus christ you need to chill the gently caress out and lynch yourself

This post is particularly funny given that WMB is just as guilty as Avs is of starting the D1 vote split. It's almost like he has a vested interest in throwing poo poo at people who point out that Avs is suss

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

busb posted:

p sure Avs was being facetious.

Avshalom posted:

haha same

i've never been in a multi-lynch game before and i'm going mad with power

if there's no players left, that means there's no scum left :getin:

Avshalom posted:

let's go for another tie :unsmith:

##vote thatbastardken

everyone from here on out has to vote for toml, ok? i want a hat trick

Yes, Avs is coating all of this with lol jokes, but she's still pushing for a tie on D2 despite the odds being that we'll just lynch another loving townie (exactly as we did on D1)

Wrapping it in humour lets her claim plausible deniability, surely no one is dumb enough to let her get away with it

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

busb posted:

As long as we lynch a scum as well as a townie i'm fine with a double lynch.
"As long as we lynch a scum as well"? You can't know this ahead of time. It's unlikely, and there are no guarantees. So what you're basically saying is "Let's do this thing that will probably kill two townies, because I will feel good if we beat the odds and only kill one townie, even though we probably won't. I'm okay with this."

Every day we are likely to get more information. You and Avs are wanting to offload people in pairs, which will bring us to lylo much more quickly, so that when we get there we'll have less information, fewer clues. This is ... uh, not a pro-town move

Honestly I was getting ready to switch my vote from WMB to Avs, but then both you and WMB have come along and made me think "I dunno, maybe there are better targets"

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Fruity Gordo posted:

as long as we do something that i, busb, earlier said was statistically improbable, i am cool and chill with multiple lynches 4evarrrrrr

losing a vig isnt a benefit to town when the person playing vig isn't a dumbshit. milky is many bad things but hes not a mafia dumbshit. mitigating the loss of splode with the lynching of milky powered up as he was is indeed a roaring success

for SCUM

actually i should have just made this post

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Avshalom posted:

take heed of my words toml, you shady bastard

what even is this post, when someone is saying "hey I think you're suss" you don't say "take heed of my words, listen to me"

unless you're anidav

why are there so many anidavs

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

busb posted:

But Tirade you're also right that TOML should be held accountable and has been fairly backgroundy.

Hmmmmm.

Fact: There are 6 players who have fewer posts than me.

Fact: I have been in a slapfight with WMB yesterday and, to a lesser extent, today, making it difficult to accuse me of being "backgroundy".

Fact: I have been justifiably picking on busb today, making this latest post of his seem craven as gently caress. (It's also really weak: "hmmmm mayyyybe let's lynch TOML? HMMMM if only I had some convictions and some courage to go with them")

Fact: I have put forward actual theories about the plays being made by WMB and Avs re: their desire for ties. Again, not super backgroundy imo

People should vote for me if they think I'm scum, but they shouldn't vote for me because of this pissweak effort from busb.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Tirade posted:

An option that people seem to be ignoring re: lack of last night's nightkills is more bulletproof people. Both flips have come up with x-shot bulletproof so it could well be that the kill bounced of someone in the same fashion. I think on balance it's unlikely that we have a lightning rod.

That makes a lot of sense.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Gwynplaine posted:

I feel TOML requires further scrutiny. They're quiet. Overthinking their next move.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Avshalom posted:

i'm actually not a bomb, i'm something else that probably shouldn't be lynched

christ almighty. do you guys remember what happens to anidav when he says "I'm town, but I was lying about my role before"? he gets loving railed on so hard. "lying is not pro-town, town players don't lie, anidav if you're town you're a loving idiot because town should never lie"

this is just the latest scummy thing you've done over the last two days

##vote Avshalom

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Gwynplaine posted:

Quiet for THEM.

Do you have an explanation for your actions yesterday? Or are you just going to post cute images.
Sorry if I missed it.

I'm sorry you missed it too Gwyn, go read my posts

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Avshalom posted:

you don't really have any reason to try to start a lynch mob on me
this is a lie, i have been building a case on you, relying on your push for a tie on D1, your push for a three-way tie on D2 (notwithstanding how the D1 tie robbed us of a valuable townie), your anidav-esque "listen to me, heed my words toml", and your anidav-esque "i'm a lynch bomb... no wait guys sorry i was lying about that, but seriously i'm important, you should believe me"

seriously, you can't turn around now and go "TOML you don't even have any reason to be suss of me", that's just rubbish

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

I still want to vote for Avs but there is no momentum, and it is much more important to me that we avoid another loving tie (e.g. between TBK and WMB), so

##vote thatbastardken

just to keep him ahead

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

this is killing me, i really want to flip back to soag but that ups the chances of there being a tie

absolutely killing me

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

black_tangled posted:

I have to go to bed pretty soon u guyz.
me too, but because i am a sad person i will probably be phone posting from bed until my eyes start to close

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Tirade posted:

Flip it back, soag's lack of claiming makes it more and more likely that he's consulting with scumpals or searching the wiki for something that'd work.

okay.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

people who are not voting: Gwynplaine, Uber Kosh

people who are voting for completely unviable candidates (i.e. candidates who are highly unlikely to get lynched because they only have one vote): busb, Gough Suppressant

people who didn't vote D1: Uber Kosh, Gough Suppressant, busb

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

black_tangled posted:

I notice Gwyn just came out of the woodwork after I poked him then disappeared again without voting.

i can't work out whether Not Voting is more annoying in hammer or non-hammer. Probably in non-hammer, because of the possibility of ties.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Tirade posted:

Yeah I'll buy this for now. Btw with the lightning rod reveal you're off my list.

##vote thatbastardken

god drat it tirade i switched off tbk because you told me to.

##vote thatbastardken

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Zetsubou-san posted:

yeah, that last post of I'M AT A CAFE really reinforces your notion that SHE WAS IN THE HOUSE ALL ALONG!! :v:
yeah birdstrike not only is that below the belt but it's also just not very persuasive

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Uber Kosh posted:

TOML
Despite previous shade on soag, comes to his defense?
"wmb is a really good scumhunting townie"
"wmb is a town hero and we should all be very proud of him"
Then votes for him??
Sarcasm aside, kinda weird?
what are you even talking about

that was possibly the most blatant sarcasm ever posted anywhere on the internet, and you seem to vaguely have gotten that, but you still describe it as me coming to soag's defense

are you drunk

Uber Kosh posted:

Shade on busb, Avs
"Put forward theories"
Yeah, brief ones
Wants to vote for people other than tbk, but wants to avoid a tie?
No conviction to vote for who they think really is scum?
what bullshit, I've outright voted for both Avs and WMB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN

Only votes for THATBASTARDKEN or WHITE MANS BURPING will count towards the end of day tally.

hahaha okay

there's literally no reason for this to be a tie, there are 19 players, you can't have 8.5 votes each way

anyone who doesn't vote on this is a shitlord

place your bets goons

• Locked thread