Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Hi soag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Also hi to busb. You'll be happy to know that we've learned nothing.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

black_tangled posted:

I ran my own simulation and there is a 90% death rate for TOML.

TOML the vanilla town and twenty scum millers. Scum victory condition is getting toml to drop the hammer on his own head.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Kat Delacour posted:

So, the most-votes lynch rules means that scum basically get a free pass because they can +1 votes as required, but obviously would want to avoid dog piling a single candidate because it makes them easy pickings end game. Interesting.

Not sure if we should start with no-vote until we have data to pinpoint scum? Or, if we all roll a random number, and assuming scum still avoids piling a single candidate, we could still get a d1 data lynch without letting scum have too much sway?

Ideas? Thoughts?

I'm on board with auspol's "always d1 lynch" mantra, I don't think we should abandon it. But I'm not much of a fan of the random roll to pick someone for today either - it's too open to abuse by scum.

The majority voting system has me a bit spooked, I don't know whether it's a help or hindrance to town compared to the hammer.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

busb posted:

I believe you always lynch Day1. Relying on night actions is always a bad idea because town are uninformed in general about what can transpire at night.

Voting patterns and casing are the best ways to find scum and if you nolynch day1 then day2 just turns into another day1.

Also i have no idea what went on in the mario game~

The horror. The horrrrrooorrr....

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
##vote Anidav

Because while he's only a maybe one in four chance of being scum, he's a four in four chance of being Anidav.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Zetsubou-san posted:

##vote Kat Delacour

This vote just tripped all of my sensor arrays, why vote on a silent player when silence on D1 is a modkill? It seems scummier than wmb's vote on Fruity which my onboard AMD* flagged as a "jokevote"

*Amusing Message Detector

I don't see this anywhere in the rules...

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Those On My Left posted:

just to highlight this, soag threw shade on black_tangled with non-specifics, but when asked to back it up he declined to do so and just started ignoring her instead

possible explanations:

1) scum
2) just flinging poo poo at a woman, because soag

so, milky moor, gwynplaine and avs are still yet to vote. i will withhold my vote for now, but will vote for whichever of these three will break a tie before hammer, so that only one person gets lynched today

alternatively, i will happily vote for soag for what should be pretty obvious reasons

3) it's d1.

I'd be keen to vote for anyone that doesn't show up and contribute today. It's probably a case of fighting the last war, but I still think it's an important lesson. Quiet posters are a liability for town.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
scroat you need to bold your votes.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

SKY COQ posted:

##unvote

Sentimental nonsense, I know, but deep within my chassis beats the spark of a romantic.

Bullshit. Within your chassis hides the starving vampire of a lawyer.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

black_tangled posted:

Anyway I still think that tirade is looking pretty sus for making the ultimate safe scum play with a d1 anidav vote.

Alternatively I wanted to see if Anidav showed any signs of progress. And since he kinda shrugged it off instead of going "gently caress YOU TIRADE! TIRADE IS SCUM! YOU'VE GOTTA BELIEVE ME FELLOW TOWNIES, THE GAME IS AT STAKE!" I'm actually thinking that maybe he has learned something.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

SKY COQ posted:

I work in PR. Different monster.

Crap sorry I know that too. I got your transformatar confused with toml for some reason.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
##unvote
##vote Splode

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Those On My Left posted:

actually, in a plurality game where tied lynches are possible and where town is very likely to have useful night actions, the much scummier action is to try to undermine the bandwagon, because that is much more likely to force a tie. scumhunters: look at people who are jumping off the splode train, look at people who are voting for the second and third placers

Agreed. If we're gonna lynch someone, especially on day 1, I figure it's best to push him right out so that we don't have an accidental (or deliberate) tie. It'll become more of an issue in later days I think.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Kat if you wanna lead the charge against someone else go ahead, but we've got 7 minutes.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Kat Delacour posted:

I think soag accidentally outed his scum doc convo with Avs.

Haha serious? I'll go back and check but I reckon this vote's a lock anyhow.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
you mean this Kat?

white mans burping posted:

##vote Milky Moor to split the vote

Highly doubt it.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
I agree with the Birdman. The whole milky train was suspect as hell. drat lucky that Fruity managed to get that last vote on Splode, if it hadn't happened Splode would have been off the hook entirely, since he would have been posting regularly from today.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Haha toml:

2 minutes later...

Those On My Left posted:

actually, in a plurality game where tied lynches are possible and where town is very likely to have useful night actions, the much scummier action is to try to undermine the bandwagon, because that is much more likely to force a tie. scumhunters: look at people who are jumping off the splode train, look at people who are voting for the second and third placers

9 minutes later...

Those On My Left posted:

you idiots

##unvote

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Kat Delacour posted:

TOML is two steps forward one step back, I am defending someone for trying to act consistently to what he said earlier in the day (prevent a double lynch) and act in town's interests (prevent a double lynch) even though it turns out they weren't on the right train. He couldn't know that, but his reasoning is just.

That vote TOML took off splode came at 8:59pm. He's at the very top of my list.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
##vote Those On My Left

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

This is what I agree with, it's an almost suicidal scum move.

I'm putting down toml as my vote but I'm happy to be swayed to someone else on the milky vote. TOML's vote off Splode makes sense if he was trying to stick to his logic of "only lynch one person" and his only way of achieving that was taking his vote off splode. But as I said earlier, if Fruity hadn't put that final vote on Splode would have been in the clear: his only reason for being lynched was not voting and he would have corrected that today.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Kat I'm still keeping your scumdoc leak theory in the back of my head as well. I think it's unlikely but if it's true that's funny as gently caress.

For what it's worth I'm not sold on tbk. I'll post reasons why later today after work.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Fruity Gordo posted:

And the point of finalising votes early is to avoid multiple lynches. So if by the time the fifteen minutes to deadline deadline happens and there is still a tie, people can negotiate voting again and then five minutes before settle the vote?

I'm gonna flag now that I'm not going to be around for the close at midnight tonight. 6am start tomorrow.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Hey Bif, one thing you missed in your effort post was that Splode had three roles, not two - bulletproof, strongman, gunsmith. From what I make of the wiki entry, gunsmith would have allowed him to hunt out cops / vigilantes for the scum team. I know this is role heavy but that seems like something you wouldn't want to lose.

Of course though if he didn't post in the thread he might not have posted in the scumdoc either.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

busb posted:

I want to lynch black_tangled, Mithranderp or Bifauxnen today.

I'd be happy with b_t or Mith but I'm not sold on Bif just yet. I think your points about wmb sound legit too.

I'll also ##unvote from TOML for now, but I'd be interested in your thoughts on him.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

Since busb brought up the secret message, nearly everyone's been around to post except for these 3:

SKY COQ
Tirade
Uber Kosh

Sup, just knocked off work. I did not receive any message.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
I am inclined to believe busb's analysis thus far.

I remain suspicious on TOML. Kat you're gonna get ptsd from this post sorry in advance.

1) With less than one hour to go TOML pointed out that gwn, avs and milky hadn't posted, conveniently overlooking the fact that Splode also hadn't posted.
2) Doesn't join the Splode until 12 minutes to the hammer. He is the last person to get on the Splode train and only joins when Splode already has 9 votes.
3) With 1 minute to go he flips off Splode, which would have saved Splode had Fruity not got in with a vote back on Splode in the final seconds.

Now, I get that his argument was that he didn't want to lynch more than one person, and that he stated that early on in the day yesterday. But we've gotta look at the objective facts - if he's scum it was an almost perfect play that was thwarted by Fruity.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
An option that people seem to be ignoring re: lack of last night's nightkills is more bulletproof people. Both flips have come up with x-shot bulletproof so it could well be that the kill bounced of someone in the same fashion. I think on balance it's unlikely that we have a lightning rod.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Re: current vote tally. I don't find tbk or wmb any more scummy than mith, b_t, or avshalom and it surprises me that the votes have fallen the way they have. WMB is copping some heat for being WMB (oh and for busb / other non-auspol regulars, in case you haven't picked it up WMB = soag = scrote and us regulars have been using these three names kinda interchangeably) but I'm mystified at the amount of votes for ken.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Seagull posted:

i only have one bus drive :shrug:

Since you've claimed it already, mind sharing who you bussed?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

Ah, thanks. So its Seagull swapped with Birdstrike.

Don't think so, in the last auspolformers game I was bus driver and couldn't drive myself.

Seagull it's cool if you want to keep the other half to yourself but with the amount of roles floating around it might be more helpful to declare it all - it could well have messed with more town night actions than scum ones.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Right I'm heading out soon so here's a summary of what I think we've got to work with. Happy for people to add to this list.
  • Busb's investigation thing: in theory an investigation of Mithranderp, delivered to Bif. We can assume that wherever this message ended up, it ended up with a scum since there's zero reason for a town to keep this message to themselves. Or that busb made the whole thing up which is seriously loving risky as a day 2 play.
  • Voting drama at the end of the night when Seagull, white mans burping, Avshalom, black_tangled, Mithranderp, and thatbastardken voted for Milky (with mith, tbk, wmb and avs all unvoting for Splode in the process). Seagull is
  • TOML's last minute unvote for Splode.
  • Avs fakeclaiming bomb then saying "no really i'm something else"
Normally I'd be more keen on the quieter players particularly after how badly burned we got from not doing so last game, but given the result of yesterday's lynch and busb's message thing I think we've got some actual info to work with rather than the usual early game.

My current scum list (most to least):
Mithranderp, Bifauxnen, TOML - I'd be happy for vote for any of these three.
TBK equal with Avs
WMB
b_t

##vote Mithranderp

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Sorry I didn't finish the sentence in point 2. I think Seagull cops the least poo poo for the Milky Moor vote since from memory he was first on it.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Gough Suppressant posted:

##vote Gwynplaine

This is scum as hell.

"I am suspicious of someone, but I won't say who because my powers are too valuable to make me a target"

I'm not gonna deny that it's a lovely post but why are you ranking it higher than the actual evidence we have from last night's vote?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
It's over four hours until close of play and we have ten votes on tbk which is a majority. Votes have come far too fast and far too easily for TBK. This is suss as hell.

TBK voters, explain why you prefer him to Mith, who did everything that tbk did but with the added shade from busb's mysteriously absent letter.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Seagull posted:

busb didn't jump splode for Milky.

Never said he did. I'm referring to his investigative letter which I'll effortpost on shortly. Its absence throws extra poo poo at mith.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

Tirade, one thing I think needs to be pointed out is I don't think Mith's alignment has any logical relation to the note. If the note exists (and absent Uber doesn't swoplop in to say he had it all along), it probably has gone to scum. Scum would not want to reveal ANY investigative result if they can easily choose to keep it quiet instead.

If Mith is scum then that's obvious why they don't wanna show it, but if she's town they wouldn't want another confirmed townie running around either.

That's not quite my read. Here's how it looks from a slightly spergy logical breakdown:

We can be fairly sure that a message was delivered to someone. Busb said his action was a success and I can't think of anything that would report a success but somehow not deliver it, so he's either making it all up or it was delivered to someone.
So first scenario is that Bif got it and is lying about it. Pretty decent chance of this happening, really. Occam's razor and all that. Second scenario is that Bif was bus driven with someone else, who ended up with the letter. Whoever received it in this case is almost certainly scum, because town have zero to lose and some solid information to gain by coming forward.

So here's the tricky bit. We can be fairly sure that a scum got it (either Bif the scum, or a scum that got bussed with Bif since we've been saying all day that only a horrifyingly dumb town wouldn't report it). If you were scum, what would you do with it? I can see there being three options:

1) It says that Mith is town, and you know that she's town. Report it. Earns you brownie points with town, puts one person off the suss list but that's a bit minor in the grand scheme of things, gives you extra cred if she actually flips town, and you could always call the investigation into question later if you haven't been able to knock her off with a nightkill.
2) It says that Mith is scum, and you know that she's scum. Keep that loving thing to yourself
3) The investigation has hosed up and given a false result, or you decide to lie about it. I couldn't be arsed thinking this through too deeply 'cause there's a bunch of different things that could influence whether you'd speak up in this situation.

There's a few other options and considerations but the main thing I'm getting is that there's a non-negligible chance that the letter has reported that Mith is scum.

Given that Mithranderp is also on the shitlist because she switched her vote from Splode to Milky, she's our best bet for tonight. Vote mith.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Far out, I thought that was a pretty innocuous statement from scrote unless there's some in joke I'm not aware of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Kat Delacour posted:

You interrogated me Soag. I'm the Lightning Rod.

Excuse me while I fire up the spreadsheet.

Did you get a letter by any chance?

• Locked thread