Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
bienvenue hon hon hon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
So, the most-votes lynch rules means that scum basically get a free pass because they can +1 votes as required, but obviously would want to avoid dog piling a single candidate because it makes them easy pickings end game. Interesting.

Not sure if we should start with no-vote until we have data to pinpoint scum? Or, if we all roll a random number, and assuming scum still avoids piling a single candidate, we could still get a d1 data lynch without letting scum have too much sway?

Ideas? Thoughts?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Kat Delacour posted:

So, the most-votes lynch rules means that scum basically get a free pass because they can +1 votes as required, but obviously would want to avoid dog piling a single candidate because it makes them easy pickings end game. Interesting.

Not sure if we should start with no-vote until we have data to pinpoint scum? Or, if we all roll a random number, and assuming scum still avoids piling a single candidate, we could still get a d1 data lynch without letting scum have too much sway?

Ideas? Thoughts?

And to clarify that's really random not selectively random, you'd have to stick with what you get to avoid creeping bias. If we're going to bias the roll we may as well turbo Anidav now. Or kill nobody

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I'm prepared to allow a little bit longer for check-in bur I'm also erring towards the quiet.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Avvy did say in chat thread earlier that she can't play Mafia cos of TAFE, so we can stick with the titular theme.

##vote Avshalom

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
We all do, but if she's not able to play she's dead weight for either team.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Zetsubou-san posted:

##vote Kat Delacour

This vote just tripped all of my sensor arrays, why vote on a silent player when silence on D1 is a modkill? It seems scummier than wmb's vote on Fruity which my onboard AMD* flagged as a "jokevote"

*Amusing Message Detector

Because I was the first person to suggest it? Scummy scummy scummy

##vote Zetsubou-san

I didn't notice a modkill rule.

But here is the Avs post for reference - I think the link works even from outside the thread?

Avshalom posted:

i now have plat, if anyone wants to seduce me the time is now

i can't play mafia atm though, it's just not compatible with my tafe schedule :(

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
##vote Avshalom

If she can't play then she ain't playing. If D1 is a stab in the dark stab the person who doesn't want to be there. If she wants to counter that by saying her situation has changed and she is actually playing now I'll find another solution.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Asphyxious posted:

Avs said she wouldn't be able to play but changed her mind.

##unvote

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

white mans burping posted:

avs makes no sens, she has already said she will be afk for the first few days and then coming back

fruity meanwhile is MIA with no explanation

Kat, you're making me think youre in some kind of communication or alliance with FG?

That's a long bow, but what does it mean for Kevin Rudd's leadership ambitions?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Also where did she say this? Because I don't see it.

I'm not in cahoots, I just thought she wasn't playing because everything she has said publicly said she wasn't. Jeepers, you guys are giving the game away a bit quickly leaping on me all at once.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Those On My Left posted:

just to highlight this, soag threw shade on black_tangled with non-specifics, but when asked to back it up he declined to do so and just started ignoring her instead

possible explanations:

1) scum
2) just flinging poo poo at a woman, because soag

so, milky moor, gwynplaine and avs are still yet to vote. i will withhold my vote for now, but will vote for whichever of these three will break a tie before hammer, so that only one person gets lynched today

alternatively, i will happily vote for soag for what should be pretty obvious reasons

Also did the same shade throwing question avoiding to me, and quoted stuff Avs has allegedly said that doesn't exist here or in chat thread.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Sorry he didn't quote it, he said she said a thing that I can't find the thing she said.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
##vote white mans burping

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Soag says Avs is out for a few days in post not made, avs arrives and votes for the alternative vote leader.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Ken, neither has Milky.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Or it could be because the Splode train seems like bullshit but whatever guilts people into following you yeah?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Those On My Left posted:

actually, in a plurality game where tied lynches are possible and where town is very likely to have useful night actions, the much scummier action is to try to undermine the bandwagon, because that is much more likely to force a tie. scumhunters: look at people who are jumping off the splode train, look at people who are voting for the second and third placers

My last post was a response to this in case it's not clear

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
It's not, why is his lynch a favourite ahead of another nonposter? It's suss

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Tirade posted:

Kat if you wanna lead the charge against someone else go ahead, but we've got 7 minutes.

I think soag accidentally outed his scum doc convo with Avs.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

avs makes no sens, she has already said she will be afk for the first few days and then coming back

fruity meanwhile is MIA with no explanation

Kat, you're making me think youre in some kind of communication or alliance with FG?

This one Tirade. Can't find the original Avs saying that.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Yes, and Seagull also argued against the Splode train, but I don't think it's fair to claim that much credit or miscredit I guess for not-knowing something a townie couldn't know.

I think b_t has questions about her but not as many questions as others.

I'm running off my notes and I noticed I missed something on ken I corrected so sorry if there is anything else I missed it's an accident.
Avshalom and WMB left the Splode train to pursue the double lynch for Milky, which is anti-town behaviour even if you aren't lifting another candidate up high enough so someone can un-hammer a scum bro. I still have questions about how/where WMB knew Avs wasn't going to be in.
Mith, Ken also pulled out of the Splode vote to chase Milky
Birdstrike pulled out of the Splode vote last minute to throw a vote towards Avshalom, I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with pursuing another candidate but changing last minute off a flipped scum should raise questions.

Non-voters:
Uber
busb
Gough

TOML I think did the wrong thing for the right reasons, pulling out of a Splode vote to prevent a double-lynch but he couldn't know he was actually going for the townie
Fruity I think did the right thing for the wrong reasons, throwing out a correction for TOML's withdrawl to ensure the double lynch and getting a scum in the process.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Kat Delacour posted:

Yes, and Seagull also argued against the Splode train, but I don't think it's fair to claim that much credit or miscredit I guess for not-knowing something a townie couldn't know.

I think b_t has questions about her but not as many questions as others.

I'm running off my notes and I noticed I missed something on ken I corrected so sorry if there is anything else I missed it's an accident.
Avshalom and WMB left the Splode train to pursue the double lynch for Milky, which is anti-town behaviour even if you aren't lifting another candidate up high enough so someone can un-hammer a scum bro. I still have questions about how/where WMB knew Avs wasn't going to be in.
Mith, Ken also pulled out of the Splode vote to chase Milky
Birdstrike pulled out of the Splode vote last minute to throw a vote towards Avshalom, I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with pursuing another candidate but changing last minute off a flipped scum should raise questions.

Non-voters:
Uber
busb
Gough

TOML I think did the wrong thing for the right reasons, pulling out of a Splode vote to prevent a double-lynch but he couldn't know he was actually going for the townie
Fruity I think did the right thing for the wrong reasons, throwing out a correction for TOML's withdrawl to ensure the double lynch and getting a scum in the process.

Immediate correction, I think maybe birdstrike wasn't as late as I thought he was.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

black_tangled posted:

This is a great point (in bold).

But are you defending TOML? He also left Splode off his list of non voter which now looks pretty bad.

I made a correction on Birdstrike I saw his vote for Avs but didn't notice a much earlier unvote. It is still a tiny bit suck but not as bad as I thought originally - I don't think it's wrong to vote for people you have genuine concerns about, it was only a weird change in context of Splode being scum and the (incorrect) thought that it was a last-minute pullout.

TOML is two steps forward one step back, I am defending someone for trying to act consistently to what he said earlier in the day (prevent a double lynch) and act in town's interests (prevent a double lynch) even though it turns out they weren't on the right train. He couldn't know that, but his reasoning is just.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Bifauxnen posted:

Yes indeed I think we have a winner. If you don't read all my work below, this is the main point here: I think TBK is the scummiest.

I think we've drawn off a lot of the same information but come to a few different conclusions, I think because you read into the posting in a bit more detail than I have. I have also ranked Zets and Tirade effectively neutral - neutral for being Mid-Splode train and Zets gets a pico-neg for his joke Anidav vote.

I have Bif and Gwyn on positive for early and stayed Splode voting. I hope Gwyn plays a little more this game though.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Fruity Gordo posted:

considering a lot of this is contingent on soag's flip, I would like to propose that, completely unrelated to our seething hatred for one another, soag gets lynched :getin:

I have wmb as one of my scummiest ranked players and would be keen to test this, but I am very very very much open to other ideas with more evidence or consideration. I don't have a much better read on ken than "pulled out of Splode to Milky" and while that is poo poo I would need to recheck all the other allegations against him before feeling confident enough to throw a vote.

##vote white mans burping

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Today closes at midnight IIRC, so it could get trickier than that.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Fruity Gordo posted:

12PM IS MIDNIGHT KAT THATS WHAT I MEANT

:blush:

No, I didn't mean you were wrong (didn't pick that up at all!), I meant midnight means it could get trickier for people who need to go to bed at a reasonable hour. Not sure if we have many of them, I'm certainly not one of them, just expressing a concern that the late hour might make it harder.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

busb posted:

If players are willing to cause multi-lynches and suss votes then if they don't work out they are accountable for their actions. Giving 'veto' power to one or two players is liable to backfire unless we are really certain of their alignment. Leading a lurker lynch is not a huge pass.

This too. Trying to deal with plurality by introducing a new set of rules might introduce new and different problems that are harder to counter than just playing plurality.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

busb posted:

All those people detracting have a look at ALL of these posts, not just cherry pick the one post that doesn't even detract from my argument.

These are not the posts of a person that doesn't want to lynch a scum.

Pushing for the split vote early is also NOT a scummy position to take in light of the flip. a 1 scum for 1 town trade is decidedly in the town's favour.

Birdstrike wasn't on Splode, so his voting for Avy had no effect whatsoever on the Splode lynch.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

scummy as gently caress imo

This post at Avvy happened AFTER he had voted himself to split the vote, so I don't see how this is meant to defend him at all.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

busb posted:

You're wrong, getting scum numbers down is hugely in town's favour. It's a game of percentages, and if we're right and this is another (sigh) role madness game then everyone is strong as gently caress and who cares.

No, she's right, you mixed up the first two descriptors. The second post was at Avvy, I haven't checked the first one.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

look at this fucken scum everyone

Is at TOML telling people to look at people jumping off the Splode wagon and voting for other candidates or not voting at all
Is at B-T telling people they need to look at Milky also.

It's not even a consistent narrative, he was flinging poo poo.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

busb posted:

okay fine i mixed up the descriptions just swap the descriptors in your head pls i was responding to the second part of the post.

That mistake doesn't just change the descriptor though, it changes the whole context of what he said.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I don't know what it means but I don't think it's necessarily as straightforward as that. busb is a better player than this. Either he's deliberately changing it up to throw us (me specifically since I had to beg and plead for him to throw some supportive comments in deathmatch) or he's legit concerned that we're going for the wrong guy. But I don't know what he sees that he wants us to be seeing.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

busb posted:

I feel like you're nitpicking. I'm arguing that wmb wanted both milky and splode lynched throughout his entire end of day posting. Do you disagree with this stance?

No. But he wasn't helping, he wasn't trying to scum hunt, and wanting a tied lynch is a lovely idea.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I'll think about it.

##unvote

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I've re-read and I think there is more merit in the Ken argument that I originally gave credit.

I would feel okay voting for ken for noise posting and throwing his weight onto a few trains but ultimately chasing Milky.

I am open the possibility that I misread TOML and there was more suspicious activity in his pull-out than I originally gave credit for.

I also want to open for consideration Coq for casting a mean vote at Fruity, throwing a poo poo vote at Tirade for voting Anidav (which he didn't even leave it there) and soft-fishing for power roles this morning by encouraging speculation on how we avoided night kills.

busb posted:

Anidav: you could give a lightning rod to any alignment if you wanted to, town, 3p, scum. It wouldn't be multishot unless asphyxious wants to troll the entire game into being vanilla.

Gaspy ... Have you been a naughty boy?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Kat Delacour posted:

I also want to open for consideration Coq for casting a mean vote at Fruity, throwing a poo poo vote at Tirade for voting Anidav (which he didn't even leave it there) and soft-fishing for power roles this morning by encouraging speculation on how we avoided night kills.

My notes gently caress me again, wmb was the mean vote Coq was shooting at her in the dark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

busb posted:

There's not much more to it than that, the player would have received information from the mod that wouldn't be from their expected action. If it's a lightning rod they are a shithead and have a lot of knowledge not just from me. I expected to see something in your posting early today and i didn't see it. Either i missed what i was looking for from someone else because i was waiting on you, they haven't posted yet, or they are not town aligned.

Kat are you town in this game?

Yes I am town (I hope you're a lie detector alongside your messenger thing!)

• Locked thread