Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

The Rat posted:

On my first contract, one of the Ugandans on the opposing shift team literally had a heart attack and died at age 40 from Rip It overdose. They found him in his room, on his cot, dead, bowels voided, surrounded by Rip It cans.

One of the rigs I worked on was in Bangladesh and we had an old 40 foot container that had been turned into a Mosque for the locals to pray in.

One guy was giving it the "bend over touch you head to the carpet" bit when he suffered a stroke. He was knelt there for 8 hours with dozens of guys just walking round him thinking "Super serious musselman" before anyone noticed that, you know, he's been knelt there 8 hours. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

My sciatica got so bad I couldn't walk, ended up having a micro-discectomy, the protruding bit of the offending slipped disc is cut off, and it was like a miracle, could walk like a human again.

The best relief was to lay flat on my back and pull my knee up to my chest, this eases the pressure on the nerve. Sciatica is an utter bitch I was utterly hosed for 6 weeks before I got the operation, couldn't walk, stand or pole vault.

• Locked thread