Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

Good pay, less bullshit than active duty, and probably even less chance of being held accountable for anything you do? Not seeing a downside here.

A captain here had a little PII accident here, by little I mean he potentially compromised the SSNs and a bunch of other stuff of everyone on the base, he only got the lightest of slaps on the wrist.

I remember years ago as a Third Class being tasked with reorganizing a tennis court area behind security that was being used as an outdoor lay down lot basically. (This area was in a location that wasn't secure on base) Everything from barricades, to supposedly empty file cabinets. I had a few juniors go move some cabinets and low and behold one was full- of about 100 prior security personnels personnel files. SSNs, NOK, spouses, all sorts of sensitive info. About two or three years old stuff.
I went to the MAC who'd tasked me/us.

Queef MA "Why the gently caress are you looking in (unlocked) file cabinets???!"

Me "Uh, it was too heavy to move."

QMA "Did I tell you to going looking thru people's personnel records?"

Me "Uh. So what do you want done with this stuff?"

QMA "Lock it up and leave it." (There's no lock on the file cabinet that works)

Me "Roger that chief..."

Later when he went to the CPO club for lunch we took the files to our big industrial shredder and destroyed them...

PII lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread